Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

True PVE servers

I wish Blizzard would release true pve servers where you are never forced into pvp. An example is when I just finished my Warlock Destruction artifact quest I got teleported under Dalaran where I was pvp flagged and killed. There is a reason I play onle pve servers and that is cause I want to pla ythe content, not the other human players. If I flag myself by running by a pvp world quest area or something like that - fine my mistake but when you have no chance whatsoever to avoid pvp flag something is wrong and I would love to see a 3rd type of servers that are PVE ONLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilos View Post
    I wish Blizzard would release true pve servers where you are never forced into pvp. An example is when I just finished my Warlock Destruction artifact quest I got teleported under Dalaran where I was pvp flagged and killed. There is a reason I play onle pve servers and that is cause I want to pla ythe content, not the other human players. If I flag myself by running by a pvp world quest area or something like that - fine my mistake but when you have no chance whatsoever to avoid pvp flag something is wrong and I would love to see a 3rd type of servers that are PVE ONLY.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you been killed by another player on this server?

Deleted
    Because Blizzard wants to shoehorn 'world pvp' in despite most people on PvE servers not giving a shit. Underbelly on my server is dead, usually there's just 3-5 people camping

Then that is an issue with the way the quest progresses.
    Not some issue that warrants a silly "PvE server" demand.
    Instead perhaps the questline itself could do with some tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    You can enter the warlock hall without entering pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do the whole game without PvP....
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a QQ-thread because you got killed once? I really wanna see you on a pvp server, but then maybe not just to keep this forum cleaner
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You can do the whole game without PvP....
    Well I just followed the questline and aftewr I got the weapon it just sent me baci in some arena thing or something under Dalaran where everyone was pvp:ing. not like I had a choice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Is this a QQ-thread because you got killed once? I really wanna see you on a pvp server, but then maybe not just to keep this forum cleaner
    Nope it's a thread about having pve server where you can choose if you want to go pvp instead of being forced into it

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even get ganked on my high pop pvp server.. I don't really understand how this could be an issue on a pve server

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    I don't even get ganked on my high pop pvp server.. I don't really understand how this could be an issue on a pve server
    WWell I didn't really get ganked either if you read again

There's really no point in exaggerating. Blizzard really separated PVE from PVP content in the xpac, and there are hardly any ways to flag yourself PVP without consenting first, unless you obviously do something where this is the consequence, like hopping on a PVP server or doing PVP wq. I am the greated advocator of separating PVE from PVP content, and thinking about winning those two BGs in mop for the legendary quest chain still gives me nosebleed.

But yes, you are right, the WL questchain indeed drops you off in the middle of the underbelly. If you are unlucky, the guards are not on duty and you will very likely be dead even before your loading screen is over. Unlike other class hall quests that require you to enter the UB (where you could get a guard first) there is nothing you can do about it.
    Easy fix would be to drop you off in front of the WL portal instead of the middle of the UB. On the other hand: Well, then you're dead. The corpserun takes 20s in Dalaran and it's a once in a lifetime thing.

Deleted
    My friend, you can't just open a thread for something that happens only 1 damn time. I mean you died once after the artifact quest, a quest you will never make again..... I think it's something you can go over eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. I can count on one hand the total number of times I've actually been forced to be flagged and killed in 7 years.

Deleted
    use the report bug feature the game has, or the feedback feature. it's in the help/gm menu. if enough people do it will get high on their fix list presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    There's really no point in exaggerating. Blizzard really separated PVE from PVP content in the xpac, and there are hardly any ways to flag yourself PVP without consenting first, unless you obviously do something where this is the consequence, like hopping on a PVP server or doing PVP wq. I am the greated advocator of separating PVE from PVP content, and thinking about winning those two BGs in mop for the legendary quest chain still gives me nosebleed.

But yes, you are right, the WL questchain indeed drops you off in the middle of the underbelly. If you are unlucky, the guards are not on duty and you will very likely be dead even before your loading screen is over. Unlike other class hall quests that require you to enter the UB (where you could get a guard first) there is nothing you can do about it.
    Easy fix would be to drop you off in front of the WL portal instead of the middle of the UB. On the other hand: Well, then you're dead. The corpserun takes 20s in Dalaran and it's a once in a lifetime thing.
    I actually have a fairly long list of deaths due to PvP on a PvE server. Doing single target dps, somehow I am constantly drawn into PvP combat if anyone at all is flagged. It's possible it's the Insignia of Ravenloft but whatever the reason it's fairly annoying. We have a lot of folks running around with their flags on hoping we'll accidentally tab them. And of course with the current tabbing system, that happens as well (although it's not the reason I'm screwed over in world boss fights...I have no idea why that's happening since I exclusively stick to the boss and absolutely don't have blade fury on--hell I'm usually sin in world boss fights).

This also happens when you join a group in group finder and the leader happens to play on PvP server. That's another option I'd like to avoid: show me groups where the leader is on a PvP server and I will pass, I dislike being ganked that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    My friend, you can't just open a thread for something that happens only 1 damn time. I mean you died once after the artifact quest, a quest you will never make again..... I think it's something you can go over eh?
    It was an example, didn't have the energy to write my history of WoW since vanilla

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can play as much as you want without ever engaging in PvP. Blizzard just tries to get some cross exposure for everyone for all types of play so people try everything.

Deleted
    Well I just followed the questline and aftewr I got the weapon it just sent me baci in some arena thing or something under Dalaran where everyone was pvp:ing. not like I had a choice
    thanks for showing that you are just clueless and lying. you werent forced into pvp but you CHOOSE to be pvp otherwise you would have baught a bodyguard.
    (oh you dont know there is a buyable bodyguard? how old are you, 6?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayik View Post
    You can play as much as you want without ever engaging in PvP. Blizzard just tries to get some cross exposure for everyone for all types of play so people try everything.
    Say what now?