Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Good stuff. Btw, use "Kaaskopp" instead.

*runs and giggles* PAYBACK FOR THE SPITTING IN '90!!!
    Well, at least their kaas is truly world class.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Well, at least their kaas is truly world class.
    For hard cheese, yes. But soft cheese? France wins. Can't compete with the French on their gooey shit of goodness.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    You're using an article from November 8th, the day of the election. May I kindly suggest that opinions change after elections?
    Oh, they have. They've gotten worse. You did see this thread was about Trump slamming NATO, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, they have. They've gotten worse. You did see this thread was about Trump slamming NATO, right?
    I saw plenty. I saw my country moving to spend 2% on defense on the budget they are negotiating right now. I saw the French chief of staff demand a 2% GDP defense budget. I saw Latvia and Lithuania increase their military spending.

Don't give flashy headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Neither did post-WWI reparations and other "sanctions" on Germany...
    I could go on a long elaboration as to why they did not help, but the short and dandy is that the reparations helped grow resentment that put a madman in power. Then, once he was there, people suddenly started to go for the appeasement route. Context means a lot when you discuss the effects of certain actions in history.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've said this elsewhere before, I doubt Merkel's reelection is in danger from the alt-right as much as it looked that way last year. The alt-right has peaked
    Her re-election isn't in danger but I'm not sharing that optimism that the alt-right are done, far from it, they are already working on the next step. You think Oberlercher, Mahler, Höcke & Co. are sitting on their asses? The AfD in their eyes is just the stirrup for something that is supposed to supplant the German democracy by a Führerstaat eventually. Every time I am seeing the flag of the DK being hoisted I know they are still there and they are working from behind the scenes. They are the ones responsible for massive smear campaigns of the last year. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have connections to the economy as well. I am thinking that in the wake of the upcoming campaigns we are going to see a lot more perfidious moves which are not just supposed to make people vote far right but moreover to stay away from the voting booth altogether.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Well, yes. A strong opposition is better than what we have today. Although the politicians are being responsible and are doing quite a good job at running this country without a real opposition. SPD needs to reinvent itself, however. You can't just bank on the working class to vote you into power any longer. Once they do that, I expect Die Linke to disappear rather quickly from Parliament. They're just a waste of space anyway.

I'll never understand parties getting elected for some seats and then spending their valuable time talking bullshit and distrupting the political process with insane arguments/ideas.

Edit: What the fuck is wrong with me today, misspelling and using entire words unintentionally... jesus.
    Die Linke is east Germanys problem. Vote for a party that promises you rainbows, love and everything else the SED was known for. They do not have as much success outside of their...sector.

The AfD will have to respond to the results of the French elections and Theresa May's Brexit struggles (HAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't wish them any ill, but in typical English fashion, it's funny despite everything). Also, shortly after Brexit, Politbarometer had a poll about the popularity of the EU among Germans and the results were "Germans see EU more positive than ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I could go on a long elaboration as to why they did not help, but the short and dandy is that the reparations helped grow resentment that put a madman in power. Then, once he was there, people suddenly started to go for the appeasement route. Context means a lot when you discuss the effects of certain actions in history.
    Well, isn't that exactly what is happening (except the madman part)? Putin's rating on all-time-highs? And talks of appeasement?

When he was all-in for cooperation with West before whole conflict, his ratings hovered around 60%, now it's 83%+

He happened to be flexible enough to not need removal.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-01-16 at 03:35 PM.

You mean Trump takes ANOTHER opportunity to suck Putin's cock and spout his same rhetoric.

Dang what a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You mean Trump takes ANOTHER opportunity to suck Putin's cock and spout his same rhetoric.

Dang what a surprise.
    Holy Moly of sweet Homophobias!

10+ Year Old Account
    bild is the german version of CNN so you should always take their bullshit with a huge grain of salt
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    ...I don't think you know what homophobia means.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...I don't think you know what homophobia means.
    What you said on that previous post sounds exactly like a deliberate use of an homosexual act to belittle another action; Specifically, two men agreeing with each-other.

Not gonna delve further into off-topic, but jeez, blatant belittling like that are uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Her re-election isn't in danger but I'm not sharing that optimism that the alt-right are done, far from it, they are already working on the next step. You think Oberlercher, Mahler, Höcke & Co. are sitting on their asses? The AfD in their eyes is just the stirrup for something that is supposed to supplant the German democracy by a Führerstaat eventually. Every time I am seeing the flag of the DK being hoisted I know they are still there and they are working from behind the scenes. They are the ones responsible for massive smear campaigns of the last year. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have connections to the economy as well. I am thinking that in the wake of the upcoming campaigns we are going to see a lot more perfidious moves which are not just supposed to make people vote far right but moreover to stay away from the voting booth altogether.
    I think the whole polemic scheme is dying, to be honest I've noticed that a lot more people are politically interested these days. Everyone seems to have an opinion and want to know what the real truth is. My hope is that democracy will emerge stronger than before, once this shit show of a political circus is over and we can get back to business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    bild is the german version of CNN so you should always take their bullshit with a huge grain of salt
    Bild is actually much worse than CNN. Bild is what the Sun and Daily Mail want to be when they grow up.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

What you said on that previous post sounds exactly like a deliberate use of an homosexual act to belittle another action; Specifically, two men agreeing with each-other.

Not gonna delve further into off-topic, but jeez, blatant belittling like that are uncalled for.
    Please.

Thats your own homophobia broseph.

Doesn't change the fact that Trump seems completely fine with gargling Putin's nutsack and doing whatever he wants, spouting his exact same rhetoric.

Deleted
    Trump. Impeachment. Soooooo soon .

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was nothing homophobic about what he said (unless Trump is homosexual).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What the actual fuck?
    The proof that he is getting his bullet points from 4chan and some fringe subreddits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, isn't that exactly what is happening (except the madman part)? Putin's rating on all-time-highs? And talks of appeasement?
    When he was all-in for cooperation with West before whole conflict, his ratings hovered around 60%, now it's 83%+
    He happened to be flexible enough to not need removal.
    He was all-in for cooperation with the West until they disagreed with him. There is a pretty clear divide between Russia's behavior before and after Lybia, but there were no sanctions involved then.
    The biggest differences between the two situation are that Germany was sanctioned after it had stopped 'acting up', which was seen as unfair by many Germans, especially due to the nature of Germany's defeat. Thus, resentment grew and coupled with world-wide economic downturn that hit the country hard, the perfect conditions were created for that madman to rise.

After Lybia though, Putin shifted his course without his people being under oppressive sanctions. That came later. And when it came, he could easily ride it out due to the sanctions having that 'resentment' effect that they had in South Africa as well. The question whether or not continued sanctions will eventually be fruitful though, no one can answer. But his popularity is set in stone as long as 'the West' can be seen as unjustly oppressing Russia. If sanctions continue, the resentment might well rise. And if sanctions are lifted without massive concessions by Russia, he will be validated.

Just to make it clear: I am not against lifting sanctions if sufficient concessions are made. That is the point. And no, 'working together in Syria' is not a big concession if it happens under the terms that Putin wanted all along. However, at this point, doing so without concessions will only embolden Putin. I am not saying that he will, with absolute certainty, go and try to influence more elections or help Russia to another serving of Ukraine. But what exactly would the US under Trump do in response to that, if he continues on with the proposed course? Tell him 'he should not have done it'? Because so far that is all that the man has offered...

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I think it is more that a lot of Americans currently think that CNN is the American version of Bild.
    Last edited by Kiri; 2017-01-16 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    EU sanctions to Russia costs both Russia and the EU. But Bruxelle doesn't care at all, they couldn't care less of the romanian apple farmer that can't sell his fruits to Russia anymore. So it's no wonder certain countries don't want sanctions on Russia, it's all about the money. And to be frank none cares about Ukraine. Living in a neighbour country they used to handle the ethnic romanians there very very bad, so fu*k em, fu*k em all. I hope Russia invades Ukraine fully and shows the whole EU how much of cucks they are. You either engage in combat or you don't. Hurting your enemy by hurting yourself is retarded.