Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Then dont have sex that could lead to pregnancy if you cant live with the known consequences? Its all your choice.
    Hey guys! If you die in a car accident. Don't go outside and/or get into a car!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    24 weeks is the THIRD trimester and the baby can be removed from my body at that time as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Abortion being illegal = rape babies carried to term.
    Semantics, there are times when you are still pregnant where getting an abortion is illegal, even in super duper liberal states.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    SCOTUS judges can be impeached by the Senate. And Roe V. Wade was a very odd decision, I don't care if you are pro abortion it was a weird decision. I fail to see how abortion is a privacy issue(but tapping every phone and email isnt). Abortion was also illegal when the 14th amendment was passed, so not quite sure the logic in how it suddenly guarantees a right to abortion.
    I fail to see how what I decide to remove from MY body is anyone's business but mine and my doctors.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    You're stretching it.
    No, no, that's what happens during birth.

But really, bodily autonomy is a rights issue, and putting the "stopping point" on abortions anywhere before brain activity is silly. We're allowed to remove people from life support if they are in a persistent vegetative state already, so at "best" it's no different from that. At "worst", up until fetal viability, I see no reason to force someone to keep something inside of them that they don't want to have inside of them.

SCOTUS judges can be impeached by the Senate. And Roe V. Wade was a very odd decision, I don't care if you are pro abortion it was a weird decision. I fail to see how abortion is a privacy issue(but tapping every phone and email isnt). Abortion was also illegal when the 14th amendment was passed, so not quite sure the logic in how it suddenly guarantees a right to abortion.
    Something being illegal before the passing of an amendment doesn't keep that amendment from applying to it.

Abortion being illegal = rape babies carried to term.
    Rape is not a choice, it should always be possible to do abortions in this case.

Vanilla sex even if protected = a choice. Deal with it.

Semantics, there are times when you are still pregnant where getting an abortion is illegal, even in super duper liberal states.
    There are no semantics to this issue. Either it affects you or it doesn't. If you are not a pregnant woman, it does NOT affect you and you have no say in it unless the pregnant woman asks for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

Rape is not a choice, it should always be possible to do abortions in this case.

Vanilla sex even if protected = a choice. Deal with it.
    Fuck you, my body, my choice to remove anything from it that I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Are you going to enjoy the raise in taxes to pay for all of the unwanted children? No? Then you obviously do see something wrong with the bill. Steve King is a fucking moron.
    They can take the taxes I am paying for their contraception that they don't use and all the money from defunding planned parenthood. After that, I am sure there are plenty of entitlement programs just waiting to be cut that we can defer money from.

Thank you for this kind words. I respect your opinion but dont agree with this statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    SCOTUS judges can be impeached by the Senate.
    And? Impeachment doesn't negate prior decisions. SCOTUS rulings have force of precedent, the ONLY way to change them is to get SCOTUS to straight-up admit that they made an error, or have Congress change the underlying law (in this case, that means an Amendment to the Constitution).

And Roe V. Wade was a very odd decision, I don't care if you are pro abortion it was a weird decision. I fail to see how abortion is a privacy issue(but tapping every phone and email isnt). Abortion was also illegal when the 14th amendment was passed, so not quite sure the logic in how it suddenly guarantees a right to abortion.
    It really isn't odd at all. Unless the State can show a compelling State interest, they have no business getting involved in medical decisions. That's the right to privacy.

If there's any oddity to the decision, it's how it stops halfway in guaranteeing these rights. In Canada, by way of comparison, there's no abortion legislation whatsoever. It's a medical decision, between a doctor and his patient, and the government has no say in that decision outside ensuring the basic standards of medical care and safety.

Thank you for this kind words. I respect your opinion but dont agree with this statement.
    I don't care what you agree with or not when it comes to what I remove from my own body. Deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Maybe because it's human life you are trying to remove and not an unsightly mole. Although I would suspect you treat each case with the same amount of weight.
    I don't care if I was removing Jesus Christ himself, you have no say in what I remove from MY body. Unless you want me to have a say in what you remove from your body!

There are no semantics to this issue. Either it affects you or it doesn't. If you are not a pregnant woman, it does NOT affect you and you have no say in it unless the pregnant woman asks for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also your choice not to use contraceptives. If you want to play Russian Roulette , you should pay the consequences. It's called being responsible. We could always settle this like they do in the middle east countries and just stone women for no good reason, that would settle all this. Liberals love taking money from countries that abuse women and homosexuals, why not just adopt their standard of living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what the venn diagram is of people who think abortion should be illegal but who also think a property owner should be able to evict non-paying tenants.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    We could always settle this like they do in the middle east countries and just stone women for no good reason
    Bring it. Beat up your women and then go to sleep. See if you wake up.

All current forms of contraception have a chance to fail, but you are uneducated, so you wouldn't know this.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-16 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Maybe because it's human life you are trying to remove and not an unsightly mole. Although I would suspect you treat each case with the same amount of weight.
    She's clearly militant on the topic at hand, and can not be reasoned with. There's no point in interacting with someone who can only yell their point with no objectivity of any kind. It's why most liberals are ignored.

You know you are making the Pro-Choice argument? If you don't believe in abortions then you do not have to get one. Thus why do people care about another person's choice.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what you agree with or not when it comes to what I remove from my own body. Deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care if I was removing Jesus Christ himself, you have no say in what I remove from MY body.
    No not really deal with it when you're killing potential life. Are you one of those people that thinks its okay to get an abortion whenever you want during the pregnancy? That's ridiculous. Some states don't allow abortion past 20 weeks. Which is reasonable but I'm willing to say you can't get one past the third trimester which is about 28 weeks in, which is what it currently is I believe. Any later than that and you should only be able to get one because of an emergency health issue that affects the mother.

It's ridiculous to expect to be able to get one right before birth which is what I'm suspecting you're arguing for. This bill is atrocious and I'm hoping it's struck down. But screaming "FUCK YOU MY BODY MY CHOICE" doesn't solve a thing and makes people shake their head.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    She's clearly militant on the topic at hand
    As are those who want to control what I can or can not remove from my own body. Fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wonder what the venn diagram is of people who think abortion should be illegal but who also think a property owner should be able to evict non-paying tenants.
    Please! We all know they will cry BIG government or Libbbbbbberals trying to take this away when it does not support their views.

This is NOT political issue, it is a human rights issue that affects ALL women to the point where they can now be raped if men wish to continue their gene pool.
    So this is your logical progression, Denying abortion is promoting and legalizing rape? It sounds like you are correlating the two to be one in the same. So the only thing stopping men from raping women more often is because the woman can get an abortion?

I guess I can see why you want to do bad things to lawmakers like this, you are basically saying his is raping you and all women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    No not really deal with it when you're killing potential life. Are you one of those people that thinks its okay to get an abortion whenever you want during the pregnancy? That's ridiculous. Some states don't allow abortion past 20 weeks. Which is reasonable but I'm willing to say you can't get one past the third trimester which is about 28 weeks in. Any later than that and you should only be able to get one because of an emergency health issue that affects the mother.

It's ridiculous to expect to be able to get one right before birth which is what I'm suspecting you're arguing for. This bill is atrocious and I'm hoping it's struck down. But screaming "FUCK YOU MY BODY MY CHOICE" doesn't solve a thing and makes people shake their head.
    The people telling women they are going to control whether or not they can remove anything from their own bodies brings this on themselves.

I don't feel sorry for them at all for any war that results from THEIR instigation.