Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya Nintendo needs some kind of achievement system, even if they just called it achievements. Also tie it to the account and not the system pleaseeeeeeee.

(Zelda BOTW: Beat Gannon with the starter gear, In Under 2mins) lol.
    They'll find some way to slip a "Mii" in, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    For you, maybe. I need good portable gaming more than another box in my living room.
    then get a 3ds because the switch at launch is not good portable gaming when it only launches with 1 good game.

1 2 switch is being received negatively at events because it's cheap garbage, bomberman R will be full of microtransactions, and skylanders and just dance are trash. Leaving Zelda, but that's releasing on the wiiU so ??????
    Last edited by zito; 2017-01-16 at 06:39 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Just like Hershey is competing with McDonald's. They both make food after all...
    No Hershey's is competing with other candy makers.

Just like Nintendo is competing with Sony/Microsoft because they make video games and a console for the living room.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They'll find some way to slip a "Mii" in, somehow.
    Roflmao... Thanks for the chuckle.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Roflmao... Thanks for the chuckle.
    No problem.

I'm trying to think of a name, but most are butchering English.

Maybe Miichievements.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Achievemiints.

Well I'll be darned. There we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Achievemiints.
    Please copyright that shit so Nintendo can't use it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It's arguable not even the WiiU were truly a competitor for the xb1 or ps4 market space.

Regardless, if that were the market segment they were aiming for they wouldn't be releasing the product they now are. They're trying to compete with mobile and handhelds, the later being a niche where their own biggest competitor is their own product. Sony shot themselves in the foot with the way they handled the Vita, and is practically a non factor there.

Nintendo knows how much performance their competitors are capable of and what they can do. If they were aiming to compete in that, they'd need a console that can actually do games at 1080/30fps at a similar quality as the base PS4.

If random forum goers realize this, there's no way the executives and hardware engineers at Nintendo doesn't.
    Are we talking about the same executives that screwed over the deal with Sony which resulted in Sony developing the Playstation?

1 2 switch should've been included with the switch for free. How in the fuck does tendo think it's worth a full price game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    1 2 switch should've been included with the switch for free. How in the fuck does tendo think it's worth a full price game
    Maybe there's more to it than they've shown.

There better be.
    Otherwise yeah, it's trash, and Nintendo Land was far better.

So....
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/16/142...-charging-grip
    Every Nintendo Switch comes with a Joy-Con Grip, an accessory that holds two Joy-Con controllers in a form factor that resembles a standard gamepad. But that unit won’t charge the Joy-Con devices — for that, you’ll need to buy a separate peripheral known as the Joy-Con Charging Grip.

This may or may not have been obvious to you; the Charging Grip is listed as a $29.99 accessory on the Nintendo Switch website. Either way, Nintendo didn’t make it completely clear until a livestream on Friday morning, during which Nintendo Treehouse employees showed off the Switch hardware and various games.
    Nate Bihldorff, senior director for localization at Nintendo Treehouse, was discussing the standard Joy-Con Grip as he held it in his hands. He then explained the difference between the two Grips: “There’s also a Charging Grip accessory that’ll come as well, that you can actually plug these into — plug a spare set of Joy-Con into — and charge.”

As you can see in the image above, the two units are not identical. The Grip that’s included in the Switch box is opaque, with a matte gray finish. The Joy-Con Charging Grip is also gray, but it’s translucent — just like the $69.99 Switch Pro Controller.

In case it wasn’t clear, the standard Grip is essentially just a plastic shell that holds two Joy-Con controllers. Only the Charging Grip will charge the batteries of the Joy-Con pads; there’s a USB-C port on top of the unit. While you won’t need to buy the Charging Grip in order to keep your Joy-Con controllers powered — they’ll charge whenever they’re attached to the Switch unit — there does not appear to be a way to plug the Joy-Con pads directly into USB power or a wall outlet.

Joy-Con controllers contain a nonremovable 525 mAh battery that will last for approximately 20 hours, according to Nintendo. The company notes that the capacity of those batteries — as with all lithium-ion batteries — will degrade over time. Whether the pads are hooked up to a Charging Grip or a Switch, it will take about three and a half hours to charge them from empty to full.

The Nintendo Switch will be released March 3 worldwide for $299. For more details, read about its full hardware specifications.

Chelly
    Amazing

simply

Amazing. What a shitshow of bad decisions.

Hahahahaha, holy crap are they serious?

It's like with every passing hour there's another idiotic decision on the part of Nintendo. It's almost like they're trying to sink their own god damn console.

It's not nearly as bad as Microsoft still using AA batteries though to power their controller while selling their own fix to that.

You can charge the controllers through the dock then still, and with a 20 hour lifespan, I don't think you'll really have any issues with them being dead as long as you charge them while not in use.

Meanwhile Wii U pro controller still laughing at all other controllers with it's 80+ Hour battery life.

That's a controller that was actually worth $50 let alone the $80 Nintendo wants now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Meanwhile Wii U pro controller still laughing at all other controllers with it's 80+ Hour battery life.

That's a controller that was actually worth $50 let alone the $80 Nintendo wants now.
    I think I've had to charge it once since I got it a year and a half ago.

Whether it's because I don't touch it that much is another story, the fact that it held the charge is still impressive.

It's not nearly as bad as Microsoft still using AA batteries though to power their controller while selling their own fix to that.
    This is a thread about Nintendo not Microsoft, Please stay on topic.........

"Just making a joke to be clear"
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-16 at 08:08 PM.

This is a thread about Nintendo not Microsoft, Please stay on topic.........
    I'm just saying, I find it very strange for people to react with such anger about this, yet I saw nothing and still see nothing about Microsoft doing worse.

I'm just saying, I find it very strange for people to react with such anger about this, yet I saw nothing and still see nothing about Microsoft doing worse.
    I ment to add in I was just making a joke. I do agree that was shitty and it was one of the things I did bitch about, Along with PS4 controllers selling without USB cables.

Meh like I said only game I really care about is Breath of the Wild. And I can just get it for Wii U. Might end up getting it though for the sake of collecting but I doubt it.

I ment to add in I was just making a joke. I do agree that was shitty and it was one of the things I did bitch about, Along with PS4 controllers selling without USB cables.
    I can't tell jokes between serious at this point

But yeah, fair enough. Didn't even think about the PS4 controllers not coming with cables.

My two cents on this is it's kinda sucky, since I highly doubt it would have been that much more to add the charging feature to the bundled in one (And I mean, I highly doubt $30 is literally just covering the ability to charge), but it's not the worst thing that could have happened (Like...AA batteries....)

There were plenty of criticisms over Microsoft continuing to use AA batteries rather than an internal, rechargeable battery with the Xbox One.

The difference was that at least it was simply a continuation of their "solution" at the time with the 360, and that it didn't come out of left field.

I've literally not seen a single person who didn't assume that the baseline controller thingy for the joycon thingies (fuck, all this shit is a pain in the ass) would charge the joycon thingies. That's the bigger thing here, people are utterly confused by the decision...until they see that Nintendo has a $30 solution that they're selling separately.