Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Eh, keep 'em. Might need them in 7.2, 7.2.5 or/and 7.3.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    You have 475k resources and you didn't farm them? That's not possible, you farmed them hard when you probably didn't have to. That's almost 100k a month, you could have stopped after the first 100k and never had to do any farming again
    He/She probably just clears the WQ map on a daily basis. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't consider that farming.

Just like Apexis crystals.....im sure towards the end of the expansion Blizz will add something to buy with them

475k seems ridiculously high, unless you continuously have a follower assigned with 2xOR item equipped , or have some class hall trait which always gives OR when completing WQs (hunters have one, right? prolly others).

I would not mind some dumps for OR, even if it's something simple like converting OR to alts at 4 for 1 basis or whatever. If it's anything collectible, people will whine that they need to farm for it, so just make it something useable in Legion, but not beyond.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Would've been nice if there were an equivalent of the Trading Post for it.

In time we'll see something for them. People just hit AK25 earlier this month, they just added the alt catchup mechanic, it is still the first Tier technically, and they added the vendor in Dal not long ago...a few months, but still. I wouldn't be surprised in 7.2 or 7.3 that we get a vendor to trade them for profession materials, mounts, or something along those lines.

I use mine for coins, missions, and I boosted all possible 110s to AK20. From there I'll bank them and keep sending missions. Anytime I get near 10k I do my best to spend at least 5k.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2017-01-16 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    As is artifact knowledge, am I right?
    Well you don't need to farm resources for AK, especially now when AK 20 is only 1000

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Gold quests are never useless!!!

I only wish they would give a trickle of resources like they did in WoD. I know why they don't, just wish they did.
    Unless it rewards 10,000g nah

i have about 250k atm. i've stopped doing world quests that reward resources but i just cant seem to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    its not a item on the follower, its a class upgrade, everytime i have a combat ally and do a WQ i get 100x ressources
    Switch it to the other one. I have this shitty option on my warrior and would never pick it. Rather take 1 WQ free per 18 h can do some profession related quests and save my mats to get free bloods or tick the FFA pvp quests that are usually an unfun gankfest. On most of my chars there is an option for free bonus roll coin on that row so I pick that instead, can coin a world boss or something on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    He/She probably just clears the WQ map on a daily basis. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't consider that farming.
    I would. WQ were supposed to be "choose and pick what you need" and not "OCD 100% complete every day". What's the point of that? Would take hours to circle all the map and clear everything. God forbid you have alts and try to do the same on those.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Resources are useless unless you're raiding

Champion Missions and Hall Upgrades are really only useful if you're going to raid/mythic
    I'm making 1800-3600 gold per day from missions. It's a nice passive way to generate gold. Not useful to everyone, but some of us don't have millions of gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    where do u get 450k resources from? I have like 8k at most...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    475k resources is an extreme amount that is likely far outside of what most people will grind for.
    The problem is we don't have to grind for them specifically.
    There is no consistent dump for them in any decent quantity.
    1k isn't a lot for characters progressed beyond the order hall progression now, to spend on getting AK up on another character.
    I don't have that amount, but still something like over 60k.

Seals are the only regular dump, and that isn't enough or relevant for everyone.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-16 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have around 17k on my Main. Most of my Alts are between 2k and 8k. Only one Alt has finished its Order Hall Research Tree. I also trade my Blood of Sargeras in for OH Resources. 475k is a crazy amount to have.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

On my main I only do the WQs that give artifact power unless it's a PVP quest in which case I do them regardless of the reward. Only other exception is if I have to do other WQ types for the daily emissary quest. I do not use a follower that rewards order hall resources on WQ completion and I send my followers out on order hall missions as often as I can. I currently have 58k order hall resources on this character.

On my 2 alts that I only do emissary quest WQs (prioritising AP quests) I have sub 5k order hall resources most of the time and have even ran out a few times.

There's no way you get 500k order hall resources unless you keep doing WQs that reward them and aren't spending them on order hall missions.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've been using them to upkeep my alts, mostly.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got 97k myself. I don't bother with the resource WQs if it can be helped but my combat follower just amasses them like crazy. Could make a good dent in there if I was bothering with alts

I thought the 180k I had where a lot. And that is just from doing Emissary quests (resources only when there is nothing else) and the pvp quests outside that. I do have the 100 per WQ OH trait (follower has 2 gold). I had follower qui9pment with resources for like the first month, when it felt like it was needed, but that's it, other than say a wanted quest that's on the way to something else.

But yes, it would be nice to be able to buy something with them.
    Last edited by Throdio; 2017-01-16 at 08:05 PM.

I have problems with order resources... that being said, I use the app and always have the capped missions going.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you don't need to farm resources for AK, especially now when AK 20 is only 1000

- - - Updated - - -

You can make a few thousand gold a week if you do them consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I typically fluctuate between 0 and 3-4K because I always send dudes out on missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Around 10K is what I make via missions per week, yup.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i have around 40k on my main and people in my guild were shocked that someone had that much laying around XD The only part i hate is how my alts are dying for them cause I rarely play them while my main and primary alt have extra
    Same. I'm right at the 40k mark on my 'main' and I've spent most of my time this week doing the event quest on alts for those 5k resources because they all desperately need them. Most of my alts haven't been able to upgrade their hall past tier 3 and some I've struggled to maintain AK research. The compendiums were a small help (on those who could use it), but I'd love it if there were other ways to share my main's bounty of resources with my alts.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson