Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Warning: warcraftlogs - logs with bugged Vendetta

Just wanted to tell you all, that many logs are faked / manipulated at the moment. For example look at the #2 rogue for nythendra:
    Its a 4:20~ fight length and he uses vendetta 9 times (lol) - with an uptime of 95%

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&ability=79140

This results in a lower iLvl % performance for all the normal (non-cheating) players.

Possible not fake. There is/was a bug with vendetta that made its cooldown very low

Deleted
    I cant connect to US server... maybe someone can contact that guy? Would be really interessting what happened there...

There was a bug with Vendetta relics reducing CD of vendetta by 90s instead of 9s or something similar. It was fixed very fast, but still some logs got out.

As 'sensational' as the title of this thread is, it really should be 'Possible bug/exploit with rogues on warcraftlogs', not making it sound like the page is littered with falsified reports.

Just tweet at @KihraOfTemerity or post on forums and the uploader/guild will be banned off the site if they are manipulating the log.

If it's an exploit you can report the exploit and he will make sure everyone who uses the exploit will be unable to rank.

Deleted
    I send an email to the website owner - didnt respond yet (this was about 8 hours ago)

Deleted
    there are parses up with 300+ vendetta uses (more or less on each gcd).

Yea some rogues macroed vendetta to every ability and got full energy on each button press....

Deleted
    There was a bug with vendetta earlier , 32 second cooldown for me ( 20 of them uptime ).

it was hotfixed within a few hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but are logs not glorified .txt files?

What would stop people from editing them to display YUGE numbers?
    I think there exists some kind of encryption. Its not that easy. But still: This doesnt mean its impossible to manipulate em. What bothers me more, is the pure ignorance of the website owner (he earns 7000$ / each month with patreon and does not react). I even made a forum post on the warcraftlogs forum. No response. Seems like hes just ignoring it.

His job would be, to wipe the rogue logs completely before next ID (thats the only way to fix this imo).
    Last edited by mmocb8ab3d640e; 2017-01-14 at 01:08 PM.

There's currently a 24s CD Vendetta bug in play, i've seen 2 cases of it. One in the Rogue Discord where someone had posted a screenshot of it, and in a Heroic Nythendra where the top Rogue had beaten me by 181k with a 2ilvl difference between us. I've made a forum about this problem on both the Rogue / Bug page on the battle.net forum, PLEASE get more attention to this. It's currently tilted "24s CD Vendetta", the logs are posted on both of them if you want to examine it for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    I think there exists some kind of encryption. Its not that easy. But still: This doesnt mean its impossible to manipulate em. What bothers me more, is the pure ignorance of the website owner (he earns 7000$ / each month with patreon and does not react). I even made a forum post on the warcraftlogs forum. No response. Seems like hes just ignoring it.

His job would be, to wipe the rogue logs completely before next ID (thats the only way to fix this imo).
    he must answer to you? the assa top logs of guarm dont have bugged vendetta, so he erased the bugged ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan
    I think there exists some kind of encryption. Its not that easy. But still: This doesnt mean its impossible to manipulate em. What bothers me more, is the pure ignorance of the website owner
    And you wonder why I'm ignoring you....
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

The big kids are cheating. <sniff> My epeen is diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    /10 char
    Last edited by Lougarou; 2017-01-16 at 09:42 PM. Reason: clarity

10+ Year Old Account

LOL and /thread

Deleted
    Seriously, if I was you and would get that much money every month I would react the same way... I mean - as long as the stupid crowd keeps on paying me for doing nothing and not reacting to people reporting problems - who cares? good job man - good job

Seriously, if I was you and would get that much money every month I would react the same way... I mean - as long as the stupid crowd keeps on paying me for doing nothing and not reacting to people reporting problems - who cares? good job man - good job
    you do realize logs are being reset with NH, right? Or, if i'm wrong(and kihra is the one who knows for sure), it still doesn't change the fact that this past week is pointless as far as logs in EN/HoV go.

The bug has been fixed, and logs going forward should be largely without bugs that affect your butthurt.

You realize that money is not profit right? WCL is not a cheap site to run from a purely hardware standpoint. Storage costs, bandwidth costs, processors, etc all adds up. He's not making a $7k/mo killing on the site.. as far as I know, he still works his normal day job with WCL supplementing because it doesn't support him full time yet.

There was a time he was going to shut it down because (at that time, before it got as popular as it is now) the costs were somewhere north of $5k /mo.
    Last edited by Auton; 2017-01-16 at 10:17 PM.