Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Recommended ilvl for Heroic Nighthold?

What do you guys think would be the recommended ilvl for Heroic Nighthold? Most of my guild is running between 874-880 gear with most around 876-878. Is that good enough for heroic?
    Last edited by Dvorjak; 2017-01-17 at 05:12 AM.

Not even close...maybe top guilds can clear it with that ilvl i mean EN Mythic was cleared with 864,but cesual guilds on progres runs...atleast 885

\tenchars.

885-890 most likely

890 would be best to start with

might get a couple of bosses down, from there on you'll need to gear up as the weeks go on.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    880 is what my guild is asking for

Maybe just look at what the I lvl for normal NH.
    Its 875 soooo maybe 875?

Deleted
    I always keep the golden rule of itemlvl that drops -10, so 875 for first 3 bosses and 880 onwards, prolly 885-ish for gul'dan (but if you are not that itemlevel yet you will likely be much higher before you even reach him).

People saying 885-890 for first part are flatout trolling, 890 is the itemlevel that most of the raid drops....

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    I always keep the golden rule of itemlvl that drops -10, so 875 for first 3 bosses and 880 onwards, prolly 885-ish for gul'dan (but if you are not that itemlevel yet you will likely be much higher before you even reach him).

People saying 885-890 for first part are flatout trolling, 890 is the itemlevel that most of the raid drops....
    Yes but you need to keep in mind that the raids are built around titanforging. ToV needed better gear than what dropped inside the raid before the nerfs and NH will probably follow the same pattern.

I'm 888 and our guild is going to do normal first to get a feel for the fights.

If you're 874-880 i think you're severely overshooting if you think you should be entering hc unless you plan to kill a boss a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm 888 and our guild is going to do normal first to get a feel for the fights.

If you're 874-880 i think you're severely overshooting if you think you should be entering hc unless you plan to kill a boss a week.
    Nice joke mate.
    No one will tune heroic that high to finish NH hc.

Guldan and Star Augur/botanist will prolly be the only high tuned fights in that place.
    If anything else needs 880+ to be cleared blizzard would of fucked up once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    Maybe just look at what the I lvl for normal NH.
    Its 875 soooo maybe 875?
    there is no way u can clear it with 875...if u think u can clear it with 875-880 u prob wont clear it in this patch at all not even with 895 gear

- - - Updated - - -

I even think that guilds will start with mythic first 2,3 bosses before they go for curve,something like in HFC HC (they skiped archimonde,and went for first 3 mythic kills than back to him on HC)

Deleted
    Theory : in the same difficulty, you should be able to jump into the next tier if you're more or less fully geared in the previous tier.

Real life : Blizzard fucked it up on several levels.
    -Just like HFC where it was extremely hard to jump in heroic-HFC if covered in heroic-BRF gear, they want you to spend some time gearing up on normal mode first. Why ? because it makes content last longer.
    -The horrible warforged/thunderforged system blurs the lines between the raids. Heroic EN drops 865, heroic ToV drops 875, but most guild not doing mythic have easily a 880 item level because of this. To keep a reasonable challenge, they most probably tune Nighthold higher than the base gear level of previous raids. Too bad for you if you weren't lucky with WF/TF.

Quote Originally Posted by dimisrb View Post
    there is no way u can clear it with 875...if u think u can clear it with 875-880 u prob wont clear it in this patch at all not even with 895 gear

- - - Updated - - -

I even think that guilds will start with mythic first 2,3 bosses before they go for curve,something like in HFC HC (they skiped archimonde,and went for first 3 mythic kills than back to him on HC)
    I never said a full clear. I think your should be able to get started in NH heroic with 875. Your guild should be able to get the first 3-4 bosses and then slowly work your way in. Why do I get the impression that people think they should be able to clear it with little difficulty on heroic? Progressing is a slow rewarding process, a concept that sadly is not understood by many

It would be dumb if they tuned it for anything higher than what dropped there. I feel like ToV was an anomaly; If you could clear Heroic EN with ease ToV shouldn't be astronomically more difficult. Hopefully at 870-880 you should be able to down some bosses in the raid.

For guilds 860+ should be enough, for pugs probably 890+

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Nice joke mate.
    No one will tune heroic that high to finish NH hc.

Guldan and Star Augur/botanist will prolly be the only high tuned fights in that place.
    If anything else needs 880+ to be cleared blizzard would of fucked up once again.
    I'm offering my opinion. If his guild is 875 they aren't going to make inroads into HC. If you disagree just say so without acting like a dick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Typically, raid tuning is done with the expectation of an item level equal to the previous raid. Your item level should be fine, though the last couple bosses will be a little tighter.

for the average joe, probably 885-890.