Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So just a random thought about lfr

What would you think about having to watch a short cinematic about your role in a lfr raid before your allowed to queue for it the first time? Something like a 30 second video for each boss that explains the bad crap to look for before you go in. What do y'all think? Would it make a difference?

i think it would make no difference at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    You assume they would watch it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

So an interactive thing that makes you actually move out of fire to continue the cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilyan85 View Post
    So an interactive thing that makes you actually move out of fire to continue the cinematic?
    People have learned ages ago, not just from this game, that standing in big red circle on the floor = bad. If they haven't figured that out by now a quick intro to show them isn't really going to help.

What problem are you trying to solve? Because the problem of clueless players standing in the fire has already been solved by making the fire damage in LFR so low that it can trivially be healed through.

Most of the "its lfr why bother" mentality comes from raiders
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    its lfr why bother
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

na people would just skip it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't LFR already give built in warnings nowadays about standing in fire, and deaths to mechanics?

LFR is fine the way it is.

Really.

It doesn't need any changes, it's now back to MoP levels where it made sense as a gateway to raiding and as solo gear-progression.

Just deal with 2 to 3 weeks of +3 det stacks and then it'll square away.

Deleted
    The problem with LFR are trolls who want to ruin other's pelple game time and AFKers who want others play for them. If there were ONLY unskilled players in LFR the system would work perfectly ok and no videos or other discusions would be needed.

Deleted
    Would it make a difference?
    What kind of difference? What is the actual problem you're trying to solve here?
    It would make the LFR runs longer, that's one difference for sure. But I think you forgot to define the problem statement. It's kinda hard to answer.

I think it's working perfectly well for the intended purpose already.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-01-17 at 06:25 AM.

Proving Grounds were in WoD intended to do exactly this.

I wouldn't really consider them to be a success so I'd say, nah. Shitty players are still gonna suck. There's likely a contingent of decent players in the LFR who do little to nothing simply because they don't have to, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    there will be an addon to skip it

I'd like to see proving grounds silver being a requirement for LFR. However, most wipes are caused by lazy people or people unwilling to improve themselves and no video (or similar thing) is going to help with that problem.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2017-01-17 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Proving Grounds were in WoD intended to do exactly this.

I wouldn't really consider them to be a success so I'd say, nah. Shitty players are still gonna suck. There's likely a contingent of decent players in the LFR who do little to nothing simply because they don't have to, as well.
    Since they introduced the boost in WoD, they needed some way of making sure people with fresh characters had some idea about their buttons before they were let in to mess things up in 5-man heroic queue (where that kind of thing is actually visible at the start of the expac).

Unfortunate side effect was that many of the people who've been playing before the boost had absolutely no idea about their buttons either, so it wasn't exactly successful (the whole "you need the leveling experience to learn your class" was proven bullshit though)- and I guess it was widely hated feature (even though I personally love PGs and would like to see further iteration - much like Brawlers).

LFR is what it is - a way to see the content. I wasn't aware that there's a huge amount of wiping past the initial release week or two?
    Often it's enough that 2-3 people out of 25 know their class and execute the mechanics. LFR is just fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    What would you think about having to watch a short cinematic about your role in a lfr raid before your allowed to queue for it the first time? Something like a 30 second video for each boss that explains the bad crap to look for before you go in. What do y'all think? Would it make a difference?
    I seriously think it would not make a difference. Most people would just let i play in the background while they did something else and other people would proberly feel like the feature was invasive.

Forcing people to watch a video is the wrong way of doing it. If you want to make some form of video guide, you have to make sure, that people actually want the information and use it. If you take a fresh new guy and show him a LFR guide, he would proberly not understand half of what is said and will just leave more confused and not smarter.

Blizzard need to create players, that want to improve and who want to seek out things, that help them improve.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The problem is not with LFR. lt doesn't need a gate or a training vid. Those exist on YouTube if you really care.

The problem is with the complete change of pace and playstyle from leveling content(which is entirely solo), to end game(which is almost entirely group-oriented).

There are no large group encounters before level cap. The game does not ever prepare you, or train you, or even introduce you to many of the concepts used in raiding until you're in a raid. That's the entire reason why LFR is so faceroll easy! It IS the proving grounds. It IS the introduction.

What the OP is asking for is a training gate for the training content. That's silly. LFR is fine where it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    People have learned ages ago, not just from this game, that standing in big red circle on the floor = bad. If they haven't figured that out by now a quick intro to show them isn't really going to help.
    Except that sometimes, you have to stand in the circle on the ground.