Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    They have NEVER made it mandatory. Not once. That is a totally untrue statement.
    All they have done is make it so that if you complete the 5 timewalking dungeons, you gain an extra bonus roll, that is all. That isn't mandatory, that is a BONUS.
    Now, if they required it so you actually had to go through every single old dungeon or timewalking event in order to actually do new content, you might be onto something, but the statement you have made just absolutely is not true.
    Yes, becuase missing out on one extra piece of loot every week won't hurt you at all?
    You're being ridiculous.

It's very much mandatory.

Also, the Molten Core event a few years ago was horrible in every way. I don't what to suffer through something like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Am I the only one who preferred TW the way it was tuned in WoD? Where it helped to learn the fights, and specialized TW gear sets were a thing? I thought that added something to the game. Now they're just something to rush through so we can get that extra seal of broken fate.
    It's kinda hard to balance them properly. Timewalking dungeons are queue-able for people at the old level cap. These players obviously don't have artifacts and they are missing some key talents. They have to be doable for a group that's lacking all of that.

Only reason I would want timewalking raids is for them to add missing pieces of old transmog sets to them.

Oh nice more rehashed content because they're too lazy to make new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Please read the definition of mandatory in the dictionary., I am sorry, but the only person being ridiculous here is yourself. None of the bonus content is mandatory, just usual self-justification of players thinking that everything HAS to be done.

Also, the MC Event was in no way shape or form required in order to progress. Where the hell do you people come up with this ridiculous horsecrap.
    No, the MC event was not, timewaling dungeons are.
    If Blizzard were to add timwalking raids they would be as well.

As I said, Blizzard alwasy overdo things like this. I'd rather they made new raids rather than spend time remaking the old ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I pray they never add Halls of Reflection to the current lineup, the way they tune these things now. That dungeon should forever be remembered for the scary fun instance it was, not laughed off without even being appreciated.

Wait, whaaaaat? People like that instance?

I just remember it as total aids, having to wait 291042 years for waves of mobs :S

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    The worst part about the Molten Core run were the people who had no clue completely inventing mechanics that weren't a thing, or taking dumb shortcuts that were more trouble than they were worth because "That's the way I do it when I solo the level 60 version."

Like... having the whole raid swimming through about 3 miles of lava to skip TWO ELEMENTALS and half of them dying on the way and then the healer managing to die trying to res them and wasting about 20 minutes by the time the whole raid gets over there...

Or the completely imaginary tactic where people decided that casting AOE spells is what causes additional adds to spawn on the Firelords, when in actual fact it's purely on a timer. I had people try to get me kicked for using Whirlwind (part of my single target rotation at the time). "You're spawning more adds stop it!!!!"
    thats some next level, i did it for the mount and never went back, because it was boring and people were retarded enough, but those sound completely insane kinda reminds of the old vanilla "Onyxia Deep Breaths more" joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    thats some next level, i did it for the mount and never went back, because it was boring and people were retarded enough, but those sound completely insane kinda reminds of the old vanilla "Onyxia Deep Breaths more" joke
    See I thought it was just one guy, but I did, I don't know, maybe ~15+ runs of the raid during the event trying to farm the Weapon Enchant and I had at least one person (often more) be utterly convinced about this AOEing the fire elementals thing and whining at others about it on at least half of those, if not more.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think we need more Timewalking.

Timewalking Dungeons sounded fine, but it's actually extremely awful. The rewards are not nearly worth doing it and the nostalgia is non-existing. I mean, they bring back some of the WORST dungeons of all time, like Dark Portal, Arcatraz, Ankahet Old Kingdom and a few more. Running them a thousand times for the mount is just depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Wait, whaaaaat? People like that instance?

I just remember it as total aids, having to wait 291042 years for waves of mobs :S
    You're probably thinking of runs after we out-geared it. I'm remembering the times when we struggled to get those waves down, and welcomed the brief respites to catch our breath. All instances lose their luster when you're running them over-geared, which is a lot of what this thread is about. TW raids could be fun if they involve some challenge and get adrenaline pumping, but will be <sigh> if they are undertuned like LFR and the current interation of TW dungeons.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

if LFR molten core is anything to go by, i won't give blizzard my money, it's a feature that will take too much time and drain the content elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    timewalking raids sounds great and if they do it, it will probably along the lines of Aniverssary Molten Core. However.... after TBC this will become a problem cause of A multiple groups ( 10 and 25 man) and different difficulties.

No Tusk Club.

Yeih another round of dogshit pseudo content.

Don't see the point personally. You couldn't give modern gear away, unless you changed the loot tables totally, honestly think about some of that gear scaled up. So your incentive has to be nostalgia, mount, or special transmog (not justifiable enough to make it hard content basically). Then there is the issue of time change between how classes were then and how they are now, not going to be a good thing. Certain mechanics could be impossible while others will be a laugh. Think of dispells and how bad that was just in MC revamp.

Honestly, I'd rather them leave old raids alone. You are better off going back and soloing them than you are trying to force the square peg in the triangle hole, that Timewalking raids would be. I see the mocking quote of "Timewalking Aids" being a thing. I mean, yay Naxx for a third time? Some of those places without resist gear. Ony for a third time. Doing Yogg again....or Mimiron....or good god how awful would Vezzaxx be with the modern game systems if the fight was exactly how it was before.

Without really solid rewards it is going to be hard to justify the time to do it "right" and make it like it used to be. Otherwise it is going to be LFR level and the rewards basically meaningless or a chance at a mount or transmog (same as soloing the content basically). I'd pass on this idea as a whole and leave those places in my memory banks and have new content instead or if they put in the effort it would take to truly bring those raids back and give me something for it, I'd go back then (basiaclly Naxx 2.0, Ony 2.0) would be the only way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What part was "poorly"? I mean, I admit I do feel it dragged on and slogging through it with 40 people that were used to faceroll LFR wasn't really fun - but at the end of the day they need to make a call on the difficulty: Make all mechanics completely ignoreable or they tune it to a difficulty that can wipe the occasional LFR group. That said, I think we wiped 4 times in MC (but because there was the mount reward, nobody threw a fit or dropped out).

But that place certainly brought no "nostalgia" back
    It was horrible how they just took the old mechanics of getting the whole raid covered by debuffs when we cannot spam dispels anymore. Even if people have been dispelling anything, by the time their dispel CDs were available again, the whole raid was covered once more. Why even make this shit dispellable if you could not cleanse the raid until the next wave, anyway? I also had the subjective impression that the tuning was somehow off, and in general, groups have been very bad. I have run MC back then in the end of Classic, and also knew to expact many bad people in an LFR scenario, but MC definitively set the worst LFR experience for me at that time. I did not even try to farm the illusion, only did the run once on every max level character to get the head piece, and was glad that my 4th character got the pet, because I could not stand to go into that place once again, even if I had managed to powerlevel one or more characters. And I assure you, I am quite resistant regarding the amount of bads in LFR.

Also the way they handle taunt-immune bosses in timewalking makes me cringe. Yes, some classes still have aggro-drop tools, like rogues, hunters and mages, but others do not. And usually tanks have the aggro, but what to do in cases when something stupid happens? I especially "love" such cases when playing a healer. OK, dungeons are incredibly easy most of the times now, except when you get a bad group, but I would expect the worst from TW raids based on the MC experience.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I have to admit I hated and loved that experience. Hated it, because it became indeed a numerous wipe run that took a couple of hours. Loved it because even after 10 years and people thinking they are so clever nowadays and used to raids with so many mechanics kept messing up exactly like we did on our first five or so runs as n00bs.
    Funny to contrast that with the discussions comparing raid difficulty in Vanilla relative to today. Especially when you remember that MC was a LFR-tuned re-release of the single easiest raid in WoW to begin with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Interesting point; Can you recreate difficulty without things like MP5, arPen, Defense Rating, specific talents, old ability cooldowns and durations (taunts, buffs, mana costs, etc)?
    And, most importantly, threat.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-01-23 at 01:52 PM.