7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    By the way. Is there a chance devs could put their games on larger 32-64gb carts leaving enough room for future dlc to download straight to the cart?
    I talked about this with some friends in length. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No. The reason being is because video game prices have come to a point where no one wants to pay more than $60 unless it's a special edition of the game. If a game with no special attachments released at $80, people would lose their mind and no devs or producers would allow that to happen because it would mean less sales.

And no devs or producers would pony up for a more expensive cart and eat into their -own- profits. Back in the good ol' days of the NES and SNES, if a game took up more space than a typical cart had, they'd have to come on carts with bigger storage, and so the carts would be more expensive. I seem to remember Phantasy Star IV was like $80 when it first released because of this. Game prices were all over the place. I don't think we're in a market right now that could handle that.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way. Is there a chance devs could put their games on larger 32-64gb carts leaving enough room for future dlc to download straight to the cart?
    Not happening. You put a lot of risk when making a cartridge that can be both read and write out of factory than just read only.

Just a heads up to anyone getting the physical Wii U release of Breath of the Wild, you will need 3GB of hard drive space for mandatory patches, more than likely to help with pop in and load times.

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-...-3-gb-install/

Its not going to be the original. It might not be remastered quality, but they will adjust stuff when porting. And tbh, if they could hit 60fps will 360 level graphics, id be okay with that.

- - - Updated - - -

so it will be Skyrim-REmedium

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/16/...charging-grip/

also lol. Can nintendo find anymore ways to charge people? Maby not include power cables with the console.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2017-01-17 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But the handheld nature is a secondary feature, it's primarily being marketed and messaged as a home console.

Again, your issue is with Nintendo here, not any of us. Get angry that Nintendo is positioning it in direct competition to the Xbox One and PS4.
    Regardless of what Nintendo are trying to market the console as, the strength of this console is its portability, which puts in a slightly different market than sony/ms. You can't disregard this feature when comparing them, just because Nintendo are trying to convince people that Switch is able to compete with the ps/xbox in the living room as well.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Regardless of what Nintendo are trying to market the console as, the strength of this console is its portability, which puts in a slightly different market than sony/ms. You can't disregard this feature when comparing them, just because Nintendo are trying to convince people that Switch is able to compete with the ps/xbox in the living room as well.
    3 hours isnt very portable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    3 hours isnt very portable.
    Why not? How may hours of way of a power socket or extra battery will you be, then?
    Mother pus bucket!

Why not? How may hours of way of a power socket or extra battery will you be, then?
    Got me but i sure as fuck know people would lose thier shit if the ds was a 3 hour charge. Sorry but this console not only isnt a very long range portable but its not a competing home console either. instead of going for one objective nintendo again took a step to the side that no one wanted and now we wont get a solid focus in one area.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicbank View Post
    from an objective point, the Switch, and Nintendo as a whole, is currently not competing against Sony and Microsoft.
    Then who are they competing against? People who buy gaming consoles are generally aware of all three of them.

As it stands, Switch has no chance as a home console. It can turn out OK portable if they play cards right.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-01-17 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Got me but i sure as fuck know people would lose thier shit if the ds was a 3 hour charge. Sorry but this console not only isnt a very long range portable but its not a competing home console either. instead of going for one objective nintendo again took a step to the side that no one wanted and now we wont get a solid focus in one area.
    Well, they can't have it all. Focusing on the portable part would not make the console last longer on a charge, that can only be done with lowering performance or using a larger battery. The switch is as good as a portable can get today at that price. Nintendo feels it's even good enough to be a home console as well. We'll see!
    Mother pus bucket!

Well, they can't have it all. Focusing on the portable part would not make the console last longer on a charge, that can only be done with lowering performance or using a larger battery. The switch is as good as a portable can get today at that price. Nintendo feels it's even good enough to be a home console as well. We'll see!
    The switch is 300$ because of the accessories though not the system itself. That pointless HD rumble lol

They spent more money on motion control upgrades then making the switch portable
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nintendo did a piss poor job of getting 3rd parties in on development compared to sony with the ps4.
    Partly true. Nintendo will offer development kit to whoever wants to produce games for switch. So even you and me can try that kit and register for it. That way switch will get many indie games. Ofc there will be many shitty ones, but still there might be some pearls. I assume they still didin't launch that program to register for is because people will need switch to actually test their games on it, and nintendo don't want to share with their hardware with some grey people. That's why only AAA companies got one to be able to produce.
    I think that letting random people to create and add easly games to their eShop is the one way of nintendo to fill their game list for that console pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The switch is 300$ because of the accessories though not the system itself. That pointless HD rumble lol

They spent more money on motion control upgrades then making the switch portable
    You think the Switch would be half the price if the HD rumble was excluded? How do you know that these "gimmicks" aren't basically free things Nintendo threw in there to make it more exciting?
    Mother pus bucket!

You think the Switch would be half the price if the HD rumble was excluded? How do you know that these "gimmicks" aren't basically free things Nintendo threw in there to make it more exciting?
    The HD rumble alone? No

They aren't "free things" ONE JOYCON IS $50, half of a remote.

There is no such thing as free features, it was added to the price of the console. If you think otherwise, im sorry but you are stupid

The HD rumble alone? No

They aren't "free things" ONE JOYCON IS $50, half of a remote.

There is no such thing as free features, it was added to the price of the console. If you think otherwise, im sorry but you are stupid
    I think he means that HD rumble is just a marketing ploy and not an actual advancement of any kind (i.e. it's the same old rumble but with a new name and maybe slightly rumblier).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I think he means that HD rumble is just a marketing ploy and not an actual advancement of any kind (i.e. it's the same old rumble but with a new name and maybe slightly rumblier).
    they built an entire game around it?!?!?!?!!?

of course it's an advancement, they didn't spend fucking time and money on every feature if they weren't gonna sell it

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an advancement, a complete and utter pointless advancement which will add cost on to the device.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its an advancement, a complete and utter pointless advancement which will add cost on to the device.
    "hey guys we developed a more advanced motion controls, HD rumble and camera sensor in this one tiny remote and made a $50 game around it JUST FOR YOU FOR FREE"

lololololol

They spent 30 minutes during the presentation about those joycons more than the console

10+ Year Old Account
    "hey guys we developed a more advanced motion controls, HD rumble and camera sensor in this one tiny remote and made a $50 game around it JUST FOR YOU FOR FREE"

lololololol

They spent 30 minutes during the presentation about those joycons more than the console
    I just...like really though. Why? Who wanted this? Who wanted to milk cows and clink ice cubes in a glass?

2006 must have called them.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I just...like really though. Why? Who wanted this? Who wanted to milk cows and clink ice cubes in a glass?

2006 must have called them.
    The game has been negatively received. They didn't think a portable console was enough warrant for advertisement I suppose, so they developed other features and put it on the price of the console and individual accessories. $30 for a charger? Really...

In the end it cost them, lack of games and horrible internet service. Dev time should of went more into games and less into motion controls. Then maybe launch day line up wouldn't have 2 ported games out of 5.....