Deleted

New PC: What do you think?

Budget: Doesn't really matter.
    Resolution: 1440p, single screen for games, dual for work.
    Games: Anything really, mostly maxed out.

Hey lads,

I'm thinking about ordering some new pc parts to replace my 3770k @4.5ghz machine. What do you think of this list:

CPU
    Intel Core i7-7700K Boxed
    € 375,95

Motherboard
    Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula
    € 371,49

Case
    NZXT S340 Elite Black
    € 98,90

CPU cooling
    NZXT Kraken X62
    € 159,95

Memory
    Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    € 124,90

PSU
    Corsair RM550x

I'll use my current SSDs, GTX980Ti, screens, etc.

Think I should replace the (case/radiator) fans that come with the NZX with something like Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 140mm? Or are the one NZX provides good?
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2017-01-17 at 01:40 PM.

Why are you planning to replace your 3770k? A 7700k isn't a big upgrade even more so if you're actually OCed to 4.5 stable. You also didn't include a budget. But more relevant why do you want to upgrade?

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3770K -> 7700K upgrade will be mostly meaningless in games. If you want a real upgrade, that is also going to be mostly meaningless apart from some few titles that are optimised for more threads, your only choice is to go X99.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Why are you planning to replace your 3770k? A 7700k isn't a big upgrade even more so if you're actually OCed to 4.5 stable. You also didn't include a budget. But more relevant why do you want to upgrade?
    Honestely? I just want something new and shiny. I haven't been following the CPU developments very closely of late, so I had no idea the upgrade was meaningless. I'm a wee bit taken aback by this though, since there's a pretty big generation gap between the two.

I don't have a limited budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    The 3770K -> 7700K upgrade will be mostly meaningless in games. If you want a real upgrade, that is also going to be mostly meaningless apart from some few titles that are optimised for more threads, your only choice is to go X99.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll try to find out which motherboards and memory modules are best for max performance and moderate overclocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all decent X99 mobos will be able to reach more or less the same OCs with Broadwell-E. 4.4GHz is what you should be aiming for with a 6800K for example.