Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    No real reason. I mean, people like to argue that dinosaurs with feathers would look goofy and wander too far out of the Jurassic Park-established pop culture, but the reality is otherwise. You can have feathers and still be scary as all hell.
    Still looks ridiculous

When people deny the authenticity of fossils, I don't see why we should be surprised at them not believing in feathery dinosaurs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    They didn't have them in Jurassic Park, and that's people's best impression of what dinosaurs looked like.
    Jurassic Park was a documentary man!!!!!

Well birds of prey are also known as raptors, so it makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah who am i going to believe, scientists that dedicate their life to studying one particular field and know the most about it or Hollywoods Chris Pratt?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Bah who am i going to believe, scientists that dedicate their life to studying one particular field and know the most about it or Hollywoods Chris Pratt?
    I'm gonna have to go with Chris Pratt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

iv met people who said dinosaur bones are fake and were planted by satan as to test mans faith in god u know gotta love the crazy
    mr pickles

Deleted
    Jurassic Park pretty much hammered home that birds descended from dinosaurs back in 1993, they further enforced this in later movies. Dunno why people are blaming them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    You can have your oversized mega chickens

Dinosaurs ain't had no feathers

And it's pronounced jiff

Dammit
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    You can have your oversized mega chickens

Dinosaurs ain't had no feathers

And it's pronounced jiff

Dammit

My fantasy wish is for a time machine so I can prove and disprove tons of things, and make easy money by betting, but the proof would be priority. $$.

I took a class for fun on Dinosaurs right before graduating and I remember the Professor telling us (as well as reading multiple reports) that the whole feathers theory was still completely up in the air. About a decade ago, scientists were sure Dinos had feathers. Then recently, it's been called into question again and that it just goes back and forth these days -- it's not a 100% forgone conclusion but something that is still shaky and that only a few might have had microscopic feathers.

Who knows what has happened in the last few years though.

When 40-45% of Americans think the earth is only 6000 years old, I think the feathers on dinosaur debate seems a bit radical.

We need to change the skin of ALL dinosaurs-creature type in WOW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    They didn't have them in Jurassic Park, and that's people's best impression of what dinosaurs looked like.
    Right but JP was created before we discovered dinosaurs had feathers, and Jurassic World simply continued that for continuity.

I'm not sure that people actually deny the fact, I think they don't care.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It will take a while for the news to get around. Dinosaur discoveries are pretty low on the ladder of what people care about and actually go out of their way to research
    Which is a travesty
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You don't have to change. Just use observational science and historical evidence to examine the link between ancient religions, when they were released, at what points were they necessary, etc.

Then go back and look at Hindu texts, and the source of the multiple dieties, the philosophy behind Brahman and the scientific link to the concept of a universal force that basically defines energy and decay, and then see how the Tao te ching explains how outdated literal definitions are.

There's a lot that can be explained through that kind of analysis that will make you understand what the purpose of God is in society, and how the ancient philosophies can essentially link physics, chemistry, and other hard sciences to universal truths such as gravity, energy, and other abstract concepts that I think will make you respect it more when an individual prays to the river that feeds his/her family, or to a mountain that they believe to be the center of the world, etc.
    Just because Ken Ham says there's historical science and observational science doesnt mean the scientists actually devide science like that, nor that science before approached reality in different way.

Don't think it has anything to do with denial. Your average person doesn't keep up with or follow new information regarding dinosaurs so they would only remember and spout off information from when they were learning about them. Yeah the information is interesting, but how does knowing dinosaurs having feathers affect anything in your average persons daily life? Nobody cares except paleontologists and some others in the biology field who work with stuff like this.

If/when this information completely changes what we know about biology as a whole, then people will care, for now it's just updating old information...like updating a wiki page.

I've seen all of the Jurassic Park movies - er documentaries - and none of the dinosaurs have feathers. There's even a pictures of somebody who shot a dinosaur, again sans feathers. Q.E.D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Raptors are very misunderstood by most cause of jurassic park. Also it shouldnt be shocking anymore when people say "no thats not right, because this is what it looked like/happened in X movie!"
    didn't they found a raptor of Jurassic Park's size 1-2 years after the movie? I've read some people were jokingly pointing out how JP predicted it. So the only thing were the feathers, which were discovered after the movie unfortunately. But i believe they've said in some of the sequals that "they're not real dinos anyways, since they play with their genetics" so it doesnt really matter in the end.