Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Right but JP was created before we discovered dinosaurs had feathers, and Jurassic World simply continued that for continuity.

I'm not sure that people actually deny the fact, I think they don't care.
    Oh yeah, I'm not criticising Jurassic Park for it, but it is one of the main reasons for the perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I've seen all of the Jurassic Park movies - er documentaries - and none of the dinosaurs have feathers. There's even a pictures of somebody who shot a dinosaur, again sans feathers. Q.E.D.
    The Jurassic Park documentaries stated that they filled in "missing" DNA with the DNA from other species. The feather gene may have been in the missing part of the genome.

No seriously, who denies this stuff?
    that's my question. I would assume people simply don't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I mean we've found imprints in raptor bones that indicate they had feather-like structures protruding from their "arms". We've found fossil imprints of smaller species of raptors that were feathered.

We've even discovered a perfectly preserved dinosaur tail encased in amber that had feathers!
    Who are these people? Do they exist?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    First off, we're not sure how exactly they looked, you can't just say all dinosaurs had feathers, they didn't exist for only a few thousand years. The time with dinosaurs spans over a hundred of millions of years. Secondly, people in profession don't deny feathered discovered dinosaurs. Only Pop culture "denies" it, because we created this popular image of how they're supposed to look in the past.

People who have a genuine interest in dinosaurs don't deny the fact that some dinosaurs had feathers, most people however only think of dinosaurs the way they are represented in popular culture.

Because there's no evidence that they had feathers, feathers and scales are different like day and night. No lizard has feathers today and no bird has scales today, and no intermediate between scales and feathers has and will ever be found.

The "find" is imagination. We cannot even see what it is in the amber. What' the evolutionary benefit of half feathers on a T-rex? Use your damn brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    Just because Ken Ham says there's historical science and observational science doesnt mean the scientists actually devide science like that, nor that science before approached reality in different way.
    I said historical evidence, and observational techniques outlined in the scientific method. You can use this to find the irrefutability of dino feathers too.

Because it looks stupid! I want to deny it! Partially because they would be more badass without feathers, and also because I love reptiles, so feathers ruin that Deep down though, I know I need to let go.

Ah, I wanted to study paleontology
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

It's pretty frustrating that people deny the fact that therapod dinosaurs had feathers.

I mean we've found imprints in raptor bones that indicate they had feather-like structures protruding from their "arms". We've found fossil imprints of smaller species of raptors that were feathered.

We've even discovered a perfectly preserved dinosaur tail encased in amber that had feathers!
    Because giant, fast, carnivorous lizards - are metal as fuck.

Big land-bound birds are just goofy.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well we both know how pathetic such a creature would look like .
    Yet somehow that creature would have venomous spurs on its legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    Because there's no evidence that they had feathers, feathers and scales are different like day and night. No lizard has feathers today and no bird has scales today, and no intermediate between scales and feathers has and will ever be found.

The "find" is imagination. We cannot even see what it is in the amber. What' the evolutionary benefit of half feathers on a T-rex? Use your damn brain.
    Except for the whole "finding a dinosaur tail encased in amber... with feathers in tact" part. And what's the evolutionary benefit of terrible mutations like albinism and the handful of genetically persistent diseases? Evolution doesn't work by "benefit", it works by whether or not those with the mutations are repeatedly successful at breeding.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, People still deny they even actually existed. Denying them having Feathers is not a far stretch.

Pretty sure only SOME dinos had feathers. The raptor sorts did, while the sauropod sorts did not. yes no?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Anyone who thinks that dinosaurs with feathers couldn't look cool hasn't seen many birds tbh

I refuse to believe my childhood fantasies were giant chickens. Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    I refuse to believe my childhood fantasies were giant chickens. Nuff said.
    A T-rex chasing you is much less intimidating if it looks like a chicken eating corn.

Lies... they wore feathers like the raptors in WoW... !

Proof:

Deleted
    Because it depends on the dinosaurs. I'm sure not all dinosaurs had feathers, the same as not all current animals have feathers, for example.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2017-01-17 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Flintstones, The Land Before Times, Denver the Last Dinosaur, Jurassic Park. You name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Because in the documentary trilogy they have no feathers.
    "documentary trilogy" - lol'd

Probably because they don't have feathers in Jurassic Park/world movies.