Skorpyron with Raddon's Cascading Eyes

I understand why they had to nerf the demonic build. It was because of this fight. I literally stood still and eye beamed for my rotation. I had to throw a stun out very often to help tanks survive but I had no use for pretty much any other ability. It's probably one of the funniest fights for a dh. I thought I'd need fel barrage or chaos cleave but nope eye beam all the way. I took nemesis but in hindsight momentum might be the better option. I could probably do a lot better next time. Btw equipped my gear with higher mastery for that higher eye beam damage.

I have anger of the half giants but swapped it out as crit chance is literally useless for this fight as Eye Beam always crits. Interesting change though, a fight which makes our best stat, our worst if you have a specific legendary.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done I was actually dead for maybe 20 seconds of this fight too.
    Last edited by oodle; 2017-01-18 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    I understand why they had to nerf the demonic build. It was because of this fight. I literally stood still and eye beamed for my rotation. I had to throw a stun out very often to help tanks survive but I had no use for pretty much any other ability. It's probably one of the funniest fights for a dh. I thought I'd need fel barrage or chaos cleave but nope eye beam all the way. I took nemesis but in hindsight momentum might be the better option. I could probably do a lot better next time. Btw equipped my gear with higher mastery for that higher eye beam damage.

I have anger of the half giants but swapped it out as crit chance is literally useless for this fight as Eye Beam always crits. Interesting change though, a fight which makes our best stat, our worst if you have a specific legendary.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    DH in my run used a Momentum FB build. He just eye beamed and FB. Absolutely destroyed other DHs with Nemesis and CB builds. But your log is sick. I expect an Eyebeam or Raddons nerf incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    DH in my run used a Momentum FB build. He just eye beamed and FB. Absolutely destroyed other DHs with Nemesis and CB builds.
    As Demonic served little purpose, should I take fel barrage next time? I figured the haste bonus from metamorphosis would at least speed up the eye beam casts. Does fel barrage easily outdamage an eye beam with of course the talent taken for eye beam.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done I was actually dead for maybe 20 seconds of this fight too.
    Perks of having 3 legendaries, waist/ring/head. Will probably swap my ring for Raddon for this fight tonight (would swap waist but have nothing to swap it for )

Hoooooly crap yall took padding to a whole new level. I thought my group was terrible because we pulled so many unnecessary scorps with 173 crystalline and and 18 volatile.... You guys were at 574 crystalline and and 46 volatile!

I had an idea that skorp heroic was gonna be a heavily padded boss, but good god!

I doubt you will see a nerf. Aff locks and fire mages are both parsing substantially higher than DH on this fight on average form what I have seen. Both specs having parses over 4 million damage while top DH is barely over 3.

Wow that strategy. You probably could have killed the boss 3 minutes faster if you did the proper pull rather than running to where the scorpions pour out.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like aff locks need a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Hoooooly crap yall took padding to a whole new level. I thought my group was terrible because we pulled so many unnecessary scorps with 173 crystalline and and 18 volatile.... You guys were at 574 crystalline and and 46 volatile!

I had an idea that skorp heroic was gonna be a heavily padded boss, but good god!
    Funny thing, we weren't actually trying to pad for logs. This was just the strat the raid leader thought would work, i mean it did but obviously other people are getting 5 min kill timers and we're getting 8.

My dps dropped pretty low for this fight due to the like 30 adds rofl. Put a couple settings a low lower and still had major drops.

Meh, who gives a hoot, its fun to hit 400 targets at once! I respect the strat, and am jealous I didn't do it with you.

Initial thought was that momentum would be way better, but I donno, if you dot up the small scorpion you see with nem and burst it down, you have 25% damage to all of them for 1 minute.

Just whatever you do, don't dot the boss with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Meh, who gives a hoot, its fun to hit 400 targets at once! I respect the strat, and am jealous I didn't do it with you.

Initial thought was that momentum would be way better, but I donno, if you dot up the small scorpion you see with nem and burst it down, you have 25% damage to all of them for 1 minute.

Just whatever you do, don't dot the boss with it!
    That's pretty much what I was doing with nemesis. Who knows it might have been the better choice. What I'd like to know is if Fel Barrage is a way better option then say taking demonic. It probably is, especially if it crits. I want to fight skorp heroic again and hit 4 mil dps lol.

Sorry i am on phone, cant actually see what talents you used. Is this with demon reborn and demonic? Or did you take unleashed power?

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    Sorry i am on phone, cant actually see what talents you used. Is this with demon reborn and demonic? Or did you take unleashed power?
    I took unleashed power because the raid leader wanted me to take care of stunning the huge amount of adds coming out and prevent the tank from dying. Actually worked quite well if it's timed. I had demonic on, but the only part of that I noticed was the increased haste.

I wonder how WCLogs is going to fix the massive padding Skorpyron has

They tweeted that at first they would invalidate logs with excessive padding but now they will just not count Skorpyron for All Star and Statistics.

https://twitter.com/KihraOfTemerity
    Last edited by Murdnunoc; 2017-01-18 at 06:58 PM.

lol people are going to figure out precisely how many extra scorpions they can pull so that max paddage can go down. Might as well just allow everything!