Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    So it's a one minute cd reduction over six minute fight.
    Is it that great of an effect then, my dear carnivorous flamingo?
    That's not the point. The point is WHY it should be great for Ret and much less great for everyone else? Do you understand that you're complaining about a targeted nerf, when in fact the trinket was giving you a targeted buff? So special treatment is only fine when it's in your favour?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    That's not the point. The point is WHY it should be great for Ret and much less great for everyone else? Do you understand that you're complaining about a targeted nerf, when in fact the trinket was giving you a targeted buff? So special treatment is only fine when it's in your favour?
    The answer is why the feth not.
    Warriors and uhdks did get extra benefit from Gur'thalak yet did not sustain no nerf back then.
    Warriors did benefit extra from Sporadic Appendages recently yet did not sustain no nerf. Etc etc.
    The point is different classes are supposed to behave differently, are they not?

Ursok paw was beyond shit for Ret, why it didn't sustain no buff. So was nature's call.
    What gives?
    Do you find it plausible that three raids into the expansion, we are going to still rely on a trinket from a dungeon?
    How come Ret can get no trinket from two raids in a row and Noone bats an eye?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    since it placed us well in the upper third. If you now cull this trinket which made us good (please note NOT op) what do you think where will we end up?
    Are we doomcallers? Yes we are since we lived with a permanent doom curse for years. We are traumatized that way. We do distrust them so much. But all for a reason.

Funny sidenote: Hunters for a first in a decade we crap and whined for about 5 minutes and got a buff promised

Makes no sense what so ever. How can they justify a nerf to an item that less than 1%~ of rets even have at this point. Look at logs! Maybe when overwhelming majority of rets have it and they see it needs a nerf that could be understandable.
    Taking the trinket out of the game would of been the same effect as this nerf for ret. Please some explanation! I really do not want to be running VotW for rest of the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Ursok paw was beyond shit for Ret, why it didn't sustain no buff. So was nature's call.
    What gives?
    Do you find it plausible that three raids into the expansion, we are going to still rely on a trinket from a dungeon?
    How come Ret can get no trinket from two raids in a row and Noone bats an eye?
    I agree - that feels quite bad. Until NH most of the good DH trinkets were from M+ as well and with all the runs I did, I didn't see Memento drop even once... So I can definitely relate to the feeling.
    On the other hand, ret is in a fairly decent spot either way, it's not like you're feral druids. Plus it's still possible that the trinket will be slightly un-nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Am I literally the only one enjoying how everything is built around Crusade in ret these days?

Also, Blizz did try to nerf Crusade. What happened was huge backlash from the ret community.
    Well yeah... what else do we have but crusade?

And to answer... dunno if you are the only one, but i don't enjoy it, no. I also can't understand how anyone does. Its cyclical and repetitive. Nothing like the reactive gameplay we had on WoD and i loved.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-01-19 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    Funny sidenote: Hunters for a first in a decade we crap and whined for about 5 minutes and got a buff promised
    That doesn't sound right. I feel like hunters and mages are the top-tier 'forum complain' class in any given expansion.

Deleted
    Did you rather want ret abilities themselves nerfed?

Rets are strong, rets are strong even without the trinket, you are fine, its okay. Being #1 is always gonna result in some form of nerfs.

Trust me, even after this, you will more than make it, just be happy you are not stuff like ferals who have a hard rotation and not even getting rewarded for it, now thats something to be salty about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post

Rets are strong, rets are strong even without the trinket, you are fine, its okay. Being #1 is always gonna result in some form of nerfs.

Trust me, even after this, you will more than make it, just be happy you are not stuff like ferals who have a hard rotation and not even getting rewarded for it, now thats something to be salty about.
    We weren't number one...
    The frustration comes from the fact that blizz overdid the nerf and sent us back to mythic+ VotW to get our trinkets while everyone else gets them from the raid. It really isn't ok.

Also, yes i'd rather a change to the abilities. It's dumb for an item to behave different just for one class.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-01-19 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Does anybody have sims with FCM and NH trinkets?

WoW development these days feels like...

Deleted
    just tried 3 rounds on dummy with trinket on. used a stopwatch. crusade cd reduce was:

1st round: 5 sec reduce
    2nd round: 15 sec reduce
    3rd round: 15 sec reduce

guess over all we will be between 5-15 sec after the nerf. dunno if this trinket is even worth in 90% of the fights. maybe in very long ones

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post

Hard rotation Kappa
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    "We are number one!" cit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    The strength of the trinket is completely dependant on the fight length.

At a 10-15 second cooldown reduction you aren't likely to get more uses of wings during most fights. Same amount of crusades without the extra damage from using FCM during crusade means it would be a dps loss during those fights. If you know reliably what the fight duration will be, and if you'll be able to get another use of wings then its worth using. If you know you won't then its not worth using, if you are unsure... then maybe its not worth it either.
    Yup.

It's going to be kind of strange to have a trinket that will be BiS on a few fights and basically useless on others.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Math isn't your friend if you don't understand how 1.2 RPPM is significantly worse than 4.2 RPPM.
    It is significantly worst. But the trinket went from broken on rets, to still very strong on rets.

Please read the whole convo before chipping in What you said has no relevance.

I find it very balanced being denied even a potential chance at being THE top dps, what with virtually any other class having said opportunity here and there, and some classes having it for granted on a regular basis.
    Gotta pay for the very tremendousestest utility we possess, I guess.
    Being an epitome of balance is tough, sure as sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It is significantly worst. But the trinket went from broken on rets, to still very strong on rets.

Define "broken" would you please kindly.
    It could proc more often for rets, providing higher dps gain?
    Aren't different classes supposed to interact differently with trinkets?
    Where's FCM nerf for rets, then?
    It provides us with higher dps just as well than for other classes.
    Is it preposterous to wish for Ret being able to achieve top-tier levels of dps?

Lmao -10s on Crusade is "still very strong" in your book? Are you by any chance a dev?

10+ Year Old Account

Right, and it isn't like you're here just to rub salt in the wound. I mean it isn't like your attitude toward Rets is deliberately inflammatory.

Convergence of Fates: now activates 70% less often for Retribution Paladins (other specs unaffected).

Ahahahaha sorry buddy! Looks like Ret is now right at the very end!
    Whoops, I found your motive for being here.

Don't try to lecture me when you came in this thread just to bait people.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2017-01-19 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.