Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then you obviously didn't read the article

- - - Updated - - -

The ruling means that bus drivers will have to do more to ensure wheelchair users can get on buses, by pressuring non-wheelchair users to move from the designated wheelchair space.
    Okay? And so what?

Thats not what OP made this about.. He made the thread and asked a specific question.. What rules are actually currently in place, has no relevance to that question..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

P.S.: whoo I am being quoted in a signature.
    I liked it Fitted a lot of the conversations that were going on as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Okay? And so what?

Thats not what OP made this about.. He made the thread and asked a specific question.. What rules are actually currently in place, has no relevance to that question..
    You're talking rhubarb now

Thread is about designated wheelchair bays... You can have a fictitious argument with yourself about the validity of designated wheelchair bays but the rest of us are discussing the story

Those big ass prams don't belong on a bus, period. Get a compact foldable one like a normal person if you want to ride a bus and be a polite bus rider. That lady on the bus with a pram is an asshole.

Thread is about designated wheelchair bays...
    Yes.. And whether it's fair for you to ask someone with a pram to move..

I've given my stance on this. stop ignoring it just because you feel that wheelchair users has a higher priority than other people..

Pram's are used for transporting babies, Prams can not be folded down the same way as a Stroller.. Even when folded, a Pram would be to large for the small bags area.. In a busy bus, you want to move people with a pram off the bus, just so you can get a spot.. thats damn selfish in my opinion..

Had there only been talk of strollers, I would agree with you. That they should just fold it and hold their kid..
    This isn't possible with a pram..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Yes.. And whether it's fair for you to ask someone with a pram to move..

I've given my stance on this. stop ignoring it just because you feel that wheelchair users has a higher priority than other people..

Pram's are used for transporting babies, Prams can not be folded down the same way as a Stroller.. Even when folded, a Pram would be to large for the small bags area.. In a busy bus, you want to move people with a pram off the bus, just so you can get a spot.. thats damn selfish in my opinion..

Had there only been talk of strollers, I would agree with you. That they should just fold it and hold their kid..
    This isn't possible with a pram..
    Most parents don't use public transportation with big ass prams because it's inconvenient and against common sense. It's got nothing to do with priority but respect. If it was a designated pram bay I would say the mother has every right and should use it but it isn't and she doesn't

Most parents don't use public transportation with big ass prams because it's inconvenient and against common sense.
    I see more prams than strollers on the bus.

But then again, we do have that area reserved for several objects. Still doesn't change my opinion, that prams should count as a wheelchair.

Deleted
    Yes I am selfish for wanting idiots to understand wheelchair bay is for wheelchairs only

- - - Updated - - -

I see more prams than strollers on the bus.
    Are you English? No? Then that's irrelevant.

Yes I am selfish for wanting idiots to understand wheelchair bay is for wheelchairs only
    No.. You are selfish, for wanting to kick someone with a pram of the bus so you can get a spot.

I understand that you don't see prams often anyway?.. But for whatever reason that someone has to bring one on a bus, it should not be okay to make them get off, because they can't fold it neatly away or move it due to overcrowding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Only ever saw parking spots designated for disabled. Judging from the number of bald, musclebound BMW drivers I see in these spots, mental handicaps count as well.
    White short sleeved shirt and oakleys.

"Im in sales"

Deleted
    No.. You are selfish, for wanting to kick someone with a pram of the bus so you can get a spot.

I understand that you don't see prams often anyway?.. But for whatever reason that someone has to bring one on a bus, it should not be okay to make them get off, because they can't fold it neatly away or move it due to overcrowding.
    I looked into prams, almost all have a removal carriage and fold up. The baby doesn't need to be awoken. Fact is you either fold up and sit down, wait for another bus or risk getting asked to move because rules

10+ Year Old Account

How is it not the same in reverse if the person in the wheelchair can't get on because the spot designated for people in wheelchairs is being filled by someone not in a wheelchair who refuses to move?

Your argument makes sense if the bus is full and there is no where else for those occupying those seats to go, in that case the person in the wheelchair would have to wait...

But you are arguing that a person in a wheelchair should wait for no other reason than someone refusing to sit somewhere else other than the place purpose built for a person in the wheelchair to sit.

Its not made for someone to set their stroller... Its not made for someone to set their groceries. Its made to comply with laws regarding disability and give them access to public transit.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its not made for someone to set their stroller...
    I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT STROLLERS.. OP IS NOT TALKING ABOUT STROLLERS..

How is it not the same in reverse if the person in the wheelchair can't get on because the spot designated for people in wheelchairs is being filled by someone not in a wheelchair who refuses to move?
    Do you understand the concept of first come, first served?

It's what is used for everyone on the bus..
    If a second wheelchair user comes along, after a wheelchair already occupy the spot.. They have to wait..

Now, my opinion is that prams (NOT STROLLERS), should count the same as wheelchairs. Because they are not always easily folded, and even when folded, uses to much space for that area for small bags.. The large baggage area, is the same as used for wheelchairs.

So, the only possible scenario in a crowded bus where someone had to bring a pram (for whatever reason) and a wheelchair user shows up.. Is for you to kick off the person with the pram..

This is what I am arguing is not fair.. First come, first served. Should apply in that situation.

But you are arguing that a person in a wheelchair should wait for no other reason than someone refusing to sit somewhere else other than the place purpose built for a person in the wheelchair to sit.
    No, I am saying a wheelchair user should not be able to get a parent with a pram kicked off the bus when it's crowded and they have no way to neatly fold their pram or move it out of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked into prams, almost all have a removal carriage and fold up. The baby doesn't need to be awoken. Fact is you either fold up and sit down, wait for another bus or risk getting asked to move because rules
    You can remove the main carriage (what the baby sleeps in), you can fold down the frame holding the baby carriage, so it doesn't take more space than what the undercarriage did, you can even remove the wheels..

This is true for pretty much all prams, cheap and expensive.. Some expensive ones, can fold even more or better than that.

Now.. Where do you want the parent to put this undercarriage, the frame and the baby carriage?

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT STROLLERS.. OP IS NOT TALKING ABOUT STROLLERS..

Do you understand the concept of first come, first served?

It's what is used for everyone on the bus..
    If a second wheelchair user comes along, after a wheelchair already occupy the spot.. They have to wait..

Now, my opinion is that prams (NOT STROLLERS), should count the same as wheelchairs. Because they are not always easily folded, and even when folded, uses to much space for that area for small bags.. The large baggage area, is the same as used for wheelchairs.

So, the only possible scenario in a crowded bus where someone had to bring a pram (for whatever reason) and a wheelchair user shows up.. Is for you to kick off the person with the pram..

This is what I am arguing is not fair.. First come, first served. Should apply in that situation.

No, I am saying a wheelchair user should not be able to get a parent with a pram kicked off the bus when it's crowded and they have no way to neatly fold their pram or move it out of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

You can remove the main carriage (what the baby sleeps in), you can fold down the frame holding the baby carriage, so it doesn't take more space than what the undercarriage did, you can even remove the wheels..

This is true for pretty much all prams, cheap and expensive.. Some expensive ones, can fold even more or better than that.

Now.. Where do you want the parent to put this undercarriage, the frame and the baby carriage?

The difference is you CHOOSE to put your kid in a big ass pram instead of something more portable like an infant carrier that sits on a collapsible stroller.

A person in a wheelchair has no choice but to use a wheelchair. I'm quite sure there is no wheelchair bound person alive that does not wish they had another choice. The fact people can't see the difference is mind boggling

Deleted
    It's irrelevant anyway whether it's a pushchair or pram. Fact is it's for wheelchairs only! You're free to lobby a movement about this ludicrous PRAMS ARE WHEELCHAIRS movement but you wouldn't get much support because it's silly

- - - Updated - - -

The same please people store bicycles and the carriage on their lap

The same please people store bicycles and the carriage on their lap
    Maybe you have more space than we do.. You do not have enough space to sit with such a carriage on any seat in the busses I take.

It's irrelevant anyway whether it's a pushchair or pram.
    No it's not.. it's entirely relevant, because those two things are miles apart.

Deleted
    Maybe you have more space than we do.. You do not have enough space to sit with such a carriage on any seat in the busses I take.

No it's not.. it's entirely relevant, because those two things are miles apart.
    They're really not

Even considering that some wheelchair users are annoying entitled pricks, like some on this board, I can't help but side with them over women with prams. As someone who regularily uses public transport it is a kind of striking realization after a while that women for some reason always choose the most humongous prams they can find. I'm talking the size of 2 shopping carts strapped together. Men on the other hand usually, if they do, carry their kids around or have smal foldable ones, somtimes even prams that belong in the "doll" category. But for some reason it's always the women that have these enormous carriages with offroad wheels, tripple and quadruple suspension and only stopping short of giving the thing actual driving capability.

Even if they knew how to fold them, by the time they have taken out all the garbage for that to be possible they are usually already at their destination, if they even know how to do it. When someone tries to cram their deluxe pram into a full tram or bus I can't help but wonder if they have lost any kind of common sense. Is it really neccessary to have these huge prams? A wheelchair user usually has to have the thing while the parent with pram just selfishly chose the one without any regards to their surroundings. Theoretically you could also fold them.

And while we are at it, unless you are on your way home from work, how about doing your shopping outside of the rush hour? That would often help to avoid 99.9% of these conflicts. Same goes for the senile old farts that have already retired and always take the busses when the school kids are on their way or when they are on their way home during rushour. Damn, using public transportation makes me hate mankind even more ..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-19 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Good shit. I rarely get up for people with Kids on Public transport anyway. Since it wasn't my choice for them to breed so why should I need to inconvenience myself for other peoples poor choices.

Whereas on the other hand I will always give up a seat for disabled or elderly passengers since they actually didn't make that choice.
    Unless of course that disabled person chose to do something stupid to put themselves in that situation, and of course elderly are only elderly because they chose not to commit suicide to avoid being old and a burden. Seems like a kind of arbitrary way to decide who is and isn't worth you being inconvenienced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I feel like enough conversation and a little humanity would have resolved this without needing to go to court, but whatever.
    It's actually been a long lasting thing,