Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Germany's Polizei are not US police and don't have the same restrictions placed upon them. For instance:

A US servicemen who was described about 6ft, male with short close cropped hair raped a women in Germany. The polizei knew his name from the victim. They entered a club in Stuttgart and proceeded to check every single male's ID that fit the above description. Which is pretty much all of them. One guy, who made the mistake of thinking the police in Germany had to follow the same rules refused to show him his ID. They simply pulled out their baton (a spring loaded club) and beat him to the ground. The polizei then reached into his pocket, pulled out his ID and inspected it. He was not the person they were looking for and they left him laying in a heap on the ground and moved to the next person.

You do not tell the police in Germany that you will not comply with showing proof of who you are. You don't have the right to refuse items like a blood test if they ask for one from you.

I think its okay, in cases like the cologne new years party, where there was an undeniable suspicion, that the events of last year could repeat itself.
    Checking african looking men in a place and time like that, is as okay as checking bulky looking guys covered in fan articles in front of a soccer game or bald people in black jackets near a pro Israel demo.
    General profiling without a VERY good reasons is inneffective and will probably just lead to frustrated and disillusioned immigrants. Hard to integrate those into society.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    General profiling without a VERY good reasons is inneffective and will probably just lead to frustrated and disillusioned immigrants. Hard to integrate those into society.
    After several attacks i think we are done with playing nice and political correctness. we rather frustrate them than sitting idle and twirling thumbs, waiting for the next ugly events.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorperson View Post
    Its thanks to those muslims i as a middleeastern atheist have to be treated like shit by these white people. I am honestly growing tired Muslims themselves are forcing me to soon go violent against whites because i cant take this shit anymore.

I am serious. Piss me off, and ill finally punch back.

Also white women cries about being treated like shit, majority votes for a man that says grab em by the pussy. Worthless people.
    If Michael Jackson can do it, you can do it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The police have no business stopping seemingly law abiding citizens in a whimsical fashion. Innocent until proven guilty and due process must prevail.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't give a shit because I know how people are going to respond to it and my response was to a response and further responses to that response.
    This is where you are wrong, police has the right to "Stop and account" and the "Stop and search", this applies to anyone as long as they are at a public area.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I think its okay, in cases like the cologne new years party, where there was an undeniable suspicion, that the events of last year could repeat itself.
    Checking african looking men in a place and time like that, is as okay as checking bulky looking guys covered in fan articles in front of a soccer game or bald people in black jackets near a pro Israel demo.
    Fun Fact: Of the proclaimed 1500+ "North Africans" ~425 were identified. 30 of those were actual North Africans.

Whether they can do it or not is immaterial to whether they should be able to or not.
    Why shouldn't they? How else would they be able to search for a criminal if they, for instance, rob someone and run away?

Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    Fun Fact: Of the proclaimed 1500+ "North Africans" ~425 were identified. 30 of those were actual North Africans.
    Could you please provide the source?

You need probable cause to detain people here.
    Detain yes, stop you and ask questions / id, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Could you please provide the source?
    http://www.sueddeutsche.de/news/pano...0113-99-864407

The article is in German, they got the Identity of 674 and the nationality of 425. 99 Iraqis, 94 Syrians, 48 Afghans, and 46 Germans. 17 Moroccans and 13 Algerians. The police did not disclose the nationalities of the rest.

They can ask questions because anyone can walk up to a person on the street and talk to them. I don't have to identify myself and I can just walk away from them if I don't feel like talking to them, unless they have reasonable cause to detain me.
    Not speaking to the police is reasonable cause in my book. No law abiding citizen refuses to talk to the police where I come from. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not speaking to the police is reasonable cause in my book. No law abiding citizen refuses to talk to the police where I come from. :P
    I was once stopped by police as I walked home as I walked past a pub some ways back, they stopped me to ask me some questions but I just went along with it and told them I'd never even been in the pub, its just my route home. Nobody should just walk away from a police investigation if they are being stopped and questioned.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorperson View Post
    Its thanks to those muslims i as a middleeastern atheist have to be treated like shit by these white people. I am honestly growing tired Muslims themselves are forcing me to soon go violent against whites because i cant take this shit anymore.

I am serious. Piss me off, and ill finally punch back.

Also white women cries about being treated like shit, majority votes for a man that says grab em by the pussy. Worthless people.
    I am sorry you suffer that dude. religion causes shit like this to happen to those who don't follow it, since it becomes so ingrained into a culture. Its like nobody would look at someone of an eastern decent and suspect them of being violent, because places like japan, china and korea aren't held by a theocracy, they have no major religion at the forefront of their culture, where as the middle east does, making it a pain in the ass for anyone not following any religous dogma.
    I've talked to a few on atheist sites who get fed up with the presumption.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Well, i am german, and i have a problem with racial profiling, as it is against our grundgesetz.
    How so? Please elaborate

I don't give a shit because I know how people are going to respond to it and my response was to a response and further responses to that response.
    Nice goal-post shifting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    How so? Please elaborate
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artike...ik_Deutschland

in english:

Quote Originally Posted by German Grundgesetz / Basic law
    Article 3 (Equality before the law).
    (1) All persons are equal before the law.
    (2) Men and women have equal rights.
    (3) No one may be prejudiced or favored because of his sex, his parentage, his
    race, his language, his homeland and origin, his faith or his religious or
    political opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Germany's Polizei are not US police and don't have the same restrictions placed upon them. For instance:

A US servicemen who was described about 6ft, male with short close cropped hair raped a women in Germany. The polizei knew his name from the victim. They entered a club in Stuttgart and proceeded to check every single male's ID that fit the above description. Which is pretty much all of them. One guy, who made the mistake of thinking the police in Germany had to follow the same rules refused to show him his ID. They simply pulled out their baton (a spring loaded club) and beat him to the ground. The polizei then reached into his pocket, pulled out his ID and inspected it. He was not the person they were looking for and they left him laying in a heap on the ground and moved to the next person.

You do not tell the police in Germany that you will not comply with showing proof of who you are. You don't have the right to refuse items like a blood test if they ask for one from you.
    What fiction book did you get those ideas from?

- - - Updated - - -

It's more like you're complaining because I won't use the set of goalposts you want me to use.
    Well you were the one who made claims about the OP's source, then when corrected claimed it was not relevant.
    So which is it. Your claims are irrelevant or they are wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't count national identity though.

That said, you can't blame the german people for thinking this way given all the shit thats been happening. I know a lot of politicians are afraid of approaching something like this because of what happened 70 odd years ago, but if nothings done to sort the issue then its just gonna get worse.

If people from another country don't want to integrate into a new country they are forcing their way into, then they can piss off. If their not prepare to integrate, then kick them out.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    They simply pulled out their baton (a spring loaded club) and beat him to the ground. The polizei then reached into his pocket, pulled out his ID and inspected it. He was not the person they were looking for and they left him laying in a heap on the ground and moved to the next person.
    Are you living in Germany, and have seen something like that happening personally? I really, really doubt that this ever happened - and if it did, there definitely would have been serious consequences for the policemen.

OT: Are (some) people still upset over the police keeping away some 'Nafris' from the New Years Eve celebration?

10+ Year Old Account
    People who aren't profiled tend not to see the problem with profiling.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

No, we havent. The NSU case is quite recent. Also, right wing violence is growing every day.
    So is left wing violence. You make it sound like one side is escalating when in fact most instances of violence on both sides are reactionary.

And lets face it, the only time someone actually pretends to care about right wing violence and anti-semitism is when some neo-nazi knuckleheads are the prime suspects. When jews are threatend, hurt or murdered by other religious groups who hate them on account of the dogmatic nature of their faith, when their memorials are defaced and heritage is defiled by anti-israel protestors or anti-semites people want to know one thing: was the perpetrators political ideology something german nationalistic neo nazi like? If the answer is yes we need to organise a march for peace right the fuck now and remind everybody about the evils of fascism. If not, move along, nothing to see here. Thats how MSM and the public approach it and it is disgusting.