Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Keystone Affix - Bursting

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Bursting (New) - When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 20% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks"

Am i the only one who think this is worse than Bolstering? AoE kill 5 mobs and the whole group is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Bursting (New) - When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 20% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks"

Am i the only one who think this is worse than Bolstering? AoE kill 5 mobs and the whole group is dead.
    It's going to by far be the hardest affix. Astronomically worse than the others on that tier.

Imagine doing a 15 CoS with Bursting, Fortified and any other affix. How do you kill imp packs? If you burst 3 and wait 5 seconds, you still have 6 left. Even just a couple ticks of Drifting Embers can one shot you and you could at most 7 seconds with a stun rotation. Realistically, you have at most 9 seconds to get the imps fully under control, (3 or less) so you can get interrupts on them, or else it's a wipe.

I don't see a clean way of handling packs like that. You're just going to die unless you have the perfect group comp for it and you all play perfectly. You would pretty much need a full immunity group. Just burst them all down and cloak/bubble/block/magic bop it off. Assuming those abilities even work.

It definitely seems a little punishing at 20%. But... that is, theoretically, what the PTR is for. Probably will see it get toned down.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's going to by far be the hardest affix. Astronomically worse than the others on that tier.

Imagine doing a 15 CoS with Bursting, Fortified and any other affix. How do you kill imp packs? If you burst 3 and wait 5 seconds, you still have 6 left. Even just a couple ticks of Drifting Embers can one shot you and you could at most 7 seconds with a stun rotation. Realistically, you have at most 9 seconds to get the imps fully under control, (3 or less) so you can get interrupts on them, or else it's a wipe.

I don't see a clean way of handling packs like that. You're just going to die unless you have the perfect group comp for it and you all play perfectly. You would pretty much need a full immunity group. Just burst them all down and cloak/bubble/block/magic bop it off. Assuming those abilities even work.
    probably not all mobs will explode, much like not all mobs give bolstering/sanguine

You have 2 of those packs in the entire dungeon... just use personals\def cooldowns, and don't do both in a row. What's so wrong about it?

They could potentially selectively apply it to mobs that are less "fodder"-like. Several places with swarms of bats/spiders that could be really problematic too.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Is this within a small AOE or does it hit everybody a billion yards away?

If it hits everybody regardless, this is an impossible affix, imagine pulling to first boss on Maw of Souls...everybody would just drop dead instantly from the burst.

If it was a small aoe like 5yards it would be ok, on par with Sanguine.

Wow that sounds like a miserable affix. Hopefully that gets changed before 7.2 goes live.

Should be like 10% of max health, otherwise it's just going to obliterate people. Gonna force you to burn single targets, which is definitely the least fun way to do dungeons.

Is it going to be a 10+ affix together with tyrannical and fortified?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post

If it hits everybody regardless, this is an impossible affix, imagine pulling to first boss on Maw of Souls...everybody would just drop dead instantly from the burst.

Since those mobs you are referring to are not bolstering the boss, I would assume that they don't burst either.

It's over 4 seconds, so 5% hp per second. At 3 million HP that's 150k per second per stack. But even at 5 mobs killed, if everyone was at 100% when the mobs died, the healer only needs to heal for 1 hp for you to survive.

I think this will end up being a contender to bolstering/tyrannical, and likely replace tyrannical in the sanguine+overflowing+tyrannical rotation. If the explosion can be out-ranged, line of sight-ed or similar, the only big hassle will be to heal everyone up before the next pull.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Is it going to be a 10+ affix together with tyrannical and fortified?
    Bursting is on the 2nd tier of affixes so it competes against skittish/necrotic/overflowing which you can see on the blizzcon slides unless something changed since then.

Time for a math lesson.
    I have 100,000 health. 5 mobs burst, I'm taking 100,000 damage over 4 seconds. That means I'm taking 25,000 damage per second. I'm not dead.

depends what school is the damage too. Is it physical? is it holy? chaos?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

7+ Year Old Account

It's okay, I forgive you for forgetting about healers.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

That 20% needs to be 5%... maybe even 2%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post

So not being able to do the biggest pull in all M+ makes it an impossible affix?
    Geez, ofc if you do everything the same as now, you will die on the big pulls, but as M+ is supposed to be, you adjust your strategies depending on the affixes!

Would be stupid if it didn't have a range [radius] of its explosion...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, wonder if the combo could be "Bolstering, Bursting, Tyrannical"?

Its a +4 affix iirc