Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It feels like they've been running 1-2 of these a month for the past few months >.>

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It feels like they've been running 1-2 of these a month for the past few months >.>
    You know...'closed beta'...the new advertising/demo. Not to say anything specific about this game, but I feel there is a direct proportion of how open a game's 'closed' beta is to how confident they are people will buy/play it. These games, lots of chances to play.

WoW Beta? It's like some shadowy organization that requires a blood sacrifice.
    BAD WOLF

It feels like they have to. Theres no buzz or excitement about it because no one can figure out if its relevent to their interests or not. When the only way people are going to figure out your game is to let them play it, well, you might as well let as many of them play it as possible. Most of the info about it I've seen online has been reviews from MMO centric websites, so much so that I've been wondering who the target audience actually is. Seems like it would be best off marketed more towards the people who are interested in MOBA's or CCG's rather than MMO gamers.

They've also done an absolutely horrid job explaining what exactly Atlas Reactor even is. When I gave it a try the brief into Tutorial, while it did show me the basics of how to play, did nothing at all to tell me what I was getting into. Hell, they even missed out letting you know how you win a game, which is probably one of the most basic of the basics. Had to jump into a game and figure it out for myself.

I get that Trion are trying to make something original, and to that extend I suppose they have succeded, but they could at least try coining a new term. "Turn-based Deathmatch" maybe? "Tactical MOBA"?. Whatever it is, they've nailed the look and feel of it at least. The gameplay ideas are solid, but their execution leaves a lot to be desired, a lot of the time turn phases just seem to blend together.

I still think its going to be a niche title that would really benefit from being free to play to make sure it had something resembling a decent sized population. No amount of free weekends are going to change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like it's been forever since we first heard about Atlas Reactor and even longer that it's been in a Closed Beta stage

Well, the wait is finally over, Atlas Reactor will launch on October the 4th with early head start on September the 30.

From today it's now in Open Beta so everyone can jump in and take a look, if you haven't played in a while it's like a totally new game, new Freelancers, new styles of gameplay, the works.Plenty of videos out there on YouTube but found a beginner friendly one to get a feel of how it plays right now.

**Edit** the launch video seems to be out

Last edited by Slipmat; 2016-09-15 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added launch trailer

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that Atlas Reactor is launched and out the door Trion Worlds are having an Atlas Reactor 'Sweepstakes' competition which is on for the next 2 days, it's only open to players from the mainland USA:

3. Be a legal resident of one of the fifty United States (or the District of Columbia).
    It seems all you have to do is log on during the next two days and play at least one game. All the rules and stuff were posted, funnily enough, on the Rift Forum.

Full article: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...onditions.html

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Now that Atlas Reactor is launched and out the door Trion Worlds are having an Atlas Reactor 'Sweepstakes' competition which is on for the next 2 days, it's only open to players from the mainland USA:

It seems all you have to do is log on during the next two days and play at least one game. All the rules and stuff were posted, funnily enough, on the Rift Forum.

Full article: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...onditions.html
    TRION just keeps dropping the ball it seems :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    TRION just keeps dropping the ball it seems
    Not really, i found the reason why it also got posted on the Rift Forum, if you log in from today you get 15 free Patron Days for Rift, not too shabby at all.

Log in to Atlas Reactor from Friday, Oct. 7 at 5:00pm (PT) to Sunday, Oct. 9 at 11:59pm (PT) and get 15 days of FREE Patron Time in RIFT!
    Source: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...t-patron-time/

Not really, i found the reason why it also got posted on the Rift Forum, if you log in from today you get 15 free Patron Days for Rift, not too shabby at all.

Well..it might have triggered the comment, but it's not the reason for it. It's been since the dungeon nerf (and included) in Rift, that TRION has been dropping the(ir) ball(s).

Turned based multiplayer games make you wait excruciatingly long times, think Heroes of M&M.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Looks pretty good. Although I did laugh when they were talking about it's "Unique Visual Style" when it looks just like TF2 and Overwatch .

I'm not in a mad rush to sign up, but I'll keep an eye on it.
    Remember their marketing? "You're not in Azeroth anymore!" They'll probably adjust it for Overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    My first thought was overwatch look alike as well =)
    I signed up for alpha, but I need to watch some more actual gameplay videos. I'm not thaaat into turned based games, I like a little action =) But perhaps they are giving it a bit more action feel since it's simultaneos turns. Time will tell.
    It makes me think of EQN and Wildstar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    I didn't think rift was shit, it fell to shit.

Who knows, maybe Trion has the right idea. Almost every game released is the "best most wonderful thing ever" for a time, and then "complete and utter shit" shortly thereafter. (edit: actually it's always "wonderful" or "shit"... it just depends how many people are on each side of the fence and for how long)

There's a few outliers that people continue to praise for a long time, or that people realize right away is not worth the money. If you hit the former, congratulations; if the latter, welcome to bankruptcy court.

Maybe the right idea is to just keep releasing games and riding the hype wave.
    Rift was good until you left the starting zone.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Atlas Reactor, the premise is interesting and I'm cautiously optimistic for the game. I'm just skeptical of Trion as a company.
    I'm really weary of Trion, NCSoft, and ANet.

Not totally unique. Japanese game did this 10 years ago. Almost exactly same systems.

Still looks good though.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune

End of Nations. Was being developed by Petroglyph for a while but got pulled from them after alpha problems, brought in-house at Trion where it was dramatically overhauled/redesigned to be more of a moba type game and then quietly shelved.

As for Atlas Reactor, the premise is interesting and I'm cautiously optimistic for the game. I'm just skeptical of Trion as a company.
    Everyone is wary of Trion with the scummy shit they did with Rift and Archeage. Rift was fine when it launched then it just became a cash cow and Archeage is just blatant pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy 15 days patron. Now I'll be able to queue for specific bgs and dungeons when that should be standard and not gated behind a sub perk....
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-08 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like free stuff? MMORPG.com have 10,000 codes to give away for Atlas Reactor, Trion's new simultaneous turn based game, on offer is a skin for PUP, one of the Freelancers in AR plus some loot boxes that have cosmetic looks for other Freelancers.

Simply make an account or log in with an existing MMORPG acount here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/...-giveaway.html

Atlas Reactor goes F2P

Can't say I'm surprised tbh. Only 3 months out of launch and it's gone F2P

http://www.pcgamer.com/atlas-reactor...to-play-again/

They should have just made it fucking F2P like they originally intended to imo instead of dicking about with going from F2P to B2P then back to F2P. Can't say I am a fan of Trions business models recently but well that's my opinion from playing Rift and Archeage.

(Megathread is a bit old so I didn't want to bump it but if mods want I'll repost it in there)
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-19 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised tbh. Only 3 months out of launch and it's gone F2P

http://www.pcgamer.com/atlas-reactor...to-play-again/

They should have just made it fucking F2P like they originally intended to imo instead of dicking about with going from F2P to B2P then back to F2P. Can't say I am a fan of Trions business models recently but well that's my opinion from playing Rift and Archeage.

(Megathread is a bit old so I didn't want to bump it but if mods want I'll repost it in there)
    Not really surprised to be honest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Probably the fastest I've ever heard of anything going F2P. My ongoing dislike of Trion makes it hard to feel saddened by this in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Probably the fastest I've ever heard of anything going F2P. My ongoing dislike of Trion makes it hard to feel saddened by this in any way.
    My sentiments exactly. The only half decent game they have going for them these days is Trove. And I'm stretching it when I say half decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game was always F2P but you could only play a random Freelancer each time, now it's full access to everything, not a big fan of twitch based games so didn't bother too much with AR, the reflexes aren't as fast as they once were.

It seems to have a following judging by the amount of players who participate in their Ranked Matches, Season Two starts January 31st for those interested.

Game was always F2P but you could only play a random Freelancer each time, now it's full access to everything, not a big fan of twitch based games so didn't bother too much with AR, the reflexes aren't as fast as they once were.
    No it was not.

https://www.atlasreactorgame.com/en/...ducers-letter/

It switched from F2P to B2P, and unless I missed it there was never any free option left. They had free weekends and I believe trial key thingies, but absent those there was no way to play the game for free.

No it was not.

https://www.atlasreactorgame.com/en/...ducers-letter/

It switched from F2P to B2P, and unless I missed it there was never any free option left. They had free weekends and I believe trial key thingies, but absent those there was no way to play the game for free.
    It had a really crappy Free Mode that was limited.

https://www.atlasreactorgame.com/en/...-mode-is-live/

But still B2P to full F2P in 3 and a half months says the state of the game right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, i already stated that it was always F2P just that you got a random Freelancer in a rotation so you never knew which char you got to play with.