Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Gladly.

1. High school graduation rate record high 83%
    The 2009 stimulus bill gave huge funding to local schools. Higher per-student funding is associated with higher graduation rates.

2. Unemployment from 10% to 4.7%
    The policies of Presidents don't affect the unemployment rate? The auto bailout saved 1.5 million jobs alone.

3. 82 straight months of private sector job growth. Longest streak ever
    See number 2.

4. First drop in federal prison population in decades
    LOL what? Commutations anyone? Appointing Eric Holder.

5. Veteran homelessness dropped by half
    It was one of his stated goals in 2009. He signed a bill increasing funding for veteran homeless. He appoints the HUD secretary to carry out his stated goals.

He had his hands over all this.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I wonder how independent the FBI actually is? If the IRS was corrupted that leaves me with two possibilities....

1) The FBI is independent and Saint Obama is a blameless white lamb.

2) The FBI is as janky as the IRS was and surprise, the administration found itself not guilty.
    This logic will lead you to believe what ever you want. You are no longer arguing evidence or results of investigation, but the validity of the result. Meaning, you can do that to anything you choose to, regardless of reality.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Everyone in Washington, that is not there due to an election, is a bleeding heart Liberal. That's just a fact.
    I'm not sure you know the difference between a fact and an opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The good economy is what people are going to remember Obama for, the economy is voter's number one concern and things are pretty good right now.
    You've obviously not tried to grow a business in Obama's economy of tepid, often stagnant, growth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Buy stock in tinfoil.
    ... he's their number 1 customer!
    ... but, I slept with your wife!

https://youtu.be/LOetkFopHK0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    You've obviously not tried to grow a business in Obama's economy of tepid, often stagnant, growth.
    Yep, while you didn't invest properly, as the Dow jones nearly tripled during his term.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I consider opening up combat roles to be a positive. Freedom is awesome.
    Yeah, 'til you are laying there with a blown off leg, trying to retreat, and the woman next to you can't drag you because she has no upper body strength or leg strength. Instead her ass will just run off and leave you to die or be captured.

Is Syria an accomplishment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yep, while you didn't invest properly, as the Dow jones nearly tripled during his term.
    The only sector of Obama's economy that has gone gangbusters is the stock market. The investor class (i.e. "the 1%") has been further enriched by this President. That's it.

I'm ok with you thinking that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but it reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/Dbcp__YIU40

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The only sector of Obama's economy that has gone gangbusters is the stock market. The investor class (i.e. "the 1%") has been further enriched by this President. That's it.
    What is the stock market?

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    The policies of Presidents don't affect the unemployment rate? The auto bailout saved 1.5 million jobs alone.
    I also think people fail to realize, that the unemployment rate goes down when people drop off unemployment, when they can no longer receive the benefits, but are still out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Yeah, 'til you are laying there with a blown off leg, trying to retreat, and the woman next to you can't drag you because she has no upper body strength or leg strength. Instead her ass will just run off and leave you to die or be captured.
    Then that woman shouldn't be in the infantry. I'm not saying they should have quotas, or even reduced standards. If they meet the same standards as the men, then there is no logical reason to keep them out.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm ok with you thinking that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    But you tried to state your opinion as a fact. Are we going to play this game again? You tried it last week, and you got beat down by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, not their own facts. I hope you learn the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but it reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/Dbcp__YIU40

- - - Updated - - -

What is the stock market?
    I miss those guys.

I consider opening up combat roles to be a positive. Freedom is awesome.
    Logic is better. If any of your relatives serves in the army i wish them good luck when they have to rely on a woman to lift them or help them in a combat situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot was achieved during his presidency. I'm thankful for many of these policy changes and a lot of them were long overdue. He was a surprising President. I wasn't so sure before he took office as he seemed to move through the political ladder rather quickly. He didn't have a long record to review, so I wasn't quite sure what we could expect. I've only been around for 5 presidents now. Of those five, I feel Obama was the best. We have a new president taking office today. Again, I find myself unsure of what to expect. I'm cautious, but I want to believe that more good can be done. Obama's presidency wasn't perfect, but I do think it was one to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Logic is better. If any of your relatives serves in the army i wish them good luck when they have to rely on a woman to lift them or help them in a combat situation.
    My stance is logical. If there are standards, and someone meets those standards, their gender is irrelevant. If the woman passes those standards, and still cannot do the job, then the problem lies with the standards themselves. Logic is great, freedom is awesome. Lucky for me, I have both on my side.

Then that woman shouldn't be in the infantry. I'm not saying they should have quotas, or even reduced standards. If they meet the same standards as the men, then there is no logical reason to keep them out.

- - - Updated - - -

But you tried to state your opinion as a fact. Are we going to play this game again? You tried it last week, and you got beat down by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, not their own facts. I hope you learn the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss those guys.
    I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, including you.

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, including you.
    And I have backed up my opinions, many times. Can you back up the "fact" that everyone in DC who is not there due to an election, is a bleeding heart liberal?

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think people fail to realize, that the unemployment rate goes down when people drop off unemployment, when they can no longer receive the benefits, but are still out of work.
    I don't think people who say what you are, understand that it's how it has always been. When the rate was hovering around 5% in the 90s, the above was true. 11% during the recession, also was the same. As far as talking about the unemployment rate, not realizing that it doesn't include those who quit looking, doesn't actually impact the significance of a low percentage at all.

I don't think people who say what you are, understand that it's how it has always been. When the rate was hovering around 5% in the 90s, the above was true. 11% during the recession, also was the same. As far as talking about the unemployment rate, not realizing that it doesn't include those who quit looking, doesn't actually impact the significance of a low percentage at all.
    Many people honestly believe that the adjustment to exclude those who quit looking for work was done under Obama.

Unemployment rate went down by over 5%, and the Labor Force Participation Rate that you refer to went down by about 3% since Obama took office.

Also keep in mind that while the LFPR has decreased over the past decade and a half, we're still within 5% of the all time high which was in 2000 at about 67.3%.