Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Lefties say Republicans are a dying breed. If true it would be more like shitting on their future.
    Who cares what either side says, both sides are acting like shit flinging monkeys while the nation is going down the drain by the minute.

Time to start panicking! Fearmongering Squad, assemble!

Deleted
    Good, we will not continue to hurt our economy and workforce because of doomsayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Does it even really matter? You're basically saying you're fine with causing our own extinction as long as it's a long time from now.
    How do you know Global Warming will cause extinction?

Won't it just turn the whole planet into a Tropical Climate?

Won't the ice melting open up more land that can be farmed/lived on?

I really doubt that Global Warming is going to be the cause of human extinction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy. That sure doesn't sound good. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/issues

And civil rights
    And LGBT issues
    And education
    And health care
    And veterans
    And social security
    And ethics

and more.
    Come the day and come the hour, money and ethics shake hand together, they will be added again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post

I really doubt that Global Warming is going to be the cause of human extinction.
    So much science, deliberation and careful consideration of available evidence in this post. Endus would be impressed.

I don't even...

Where's the facepalm emoji?

Its not about global warming, its climate change.

Its called climate change because it leads to decreased rainfall, droughts in some localized climates.

The land opened up would be replaced by the raise in sea level.

But by far, the most dangerous outcome is positive feedback, which is like interest on the climate. The increases in temp compounds till we see stuff like the avg temp at 160F.
    Last edited by usiris; 2017-01-20 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't any of you listen to his Trump's speech? We're under the protection of God, nothing is going to happen.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Who cares what either side says, both sides are acting like shit flinging monkeys while the nation is going down the drain by the minute.
    The US is stronger than ever. Now we need to increase productivity even more in 2017. As far as the climate I'm sure renewable energies can beat fossil fuel but as of right now they can't replace most of it efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I don't even...

Where's the facepalm emoji?
    The scary thing is that people just like him really are the ones in charge now. The people who have posted on this thread talking about scrapping all environment regulation and minimum wage laws etc to try and bring the all holy manufacturing back to the US. Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Time to start panicking! Fearmongering Squad, assemble!
    8 years of fear mongering the kenyan muslim maoist and its only now were gonna point out how had the scare tactics are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Didn't any of you listen to his Trump's speech? We're under the protection of God, nothing is going to happen.
    And also the police and military. Trump doesn't trust god enough, get the pitchforks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I lol'd when I heard that. Nothing says religious like sexually assaulting women and creeping underage...oh wait, that actually fits.

The US is stronger than ever. Now we need to increase productivity even more in 2017. As far as the climate I'm sure renewable energies can beat fossil fuel but as of right now they can't replace most of it efficiently.
    You do realise you cannot just keep ignoring this issue forever. At some point it is going to hit and hit hard. Where you live for instance rising sea levels, much worse drought. You speak and act like this problem is 100 years away and that it won't have a huge impact on America and your "productivity".

10+ Year Old Account

Where do you think all that extra water is going to? You know, the massive quantities currently forming huge sheets above the ocean?

Do you think these things through before you speak or do you just let the words dibble out while your mouth hangs open?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Thanks Obama.

And yeah, solar, in a lot of states, already blows coal etc. out of the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Cutting a few regulations isn't going to change that. You'd have to undercut worker protections to make any significant headway. We're better off letting manufacturing go where it will and taking advantage of cheaper prices brought about by specialization while we find other ways to employ people.
    Not just worker protections but a whole host of other factors have to be undermined before manufacturing capital will return. Its a race to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    Its not about global warming, its climate change.

Its called climate change because it leads to decreased rainfall, droughts in some localized climates.

The land opened up would be replaced by the raise in sea level.
    Ah, I would have thought that more water with higher temperatures would evaporate more water, which in turn would create more rain.

Also, doesn't Ice take up more mass than water (since ice is water in an expanded solid state)? So wouldn't the ice level reduce more than the resultant water level would increase?