Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's got a Darksiders vibe. Can't wait to see the actual models.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Someone put it together with photoshop.
    something like this

Really reminds me of this set

Also T8

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I can't believe how well that came out with just icons. :P

I think the set looks pretty good, the colour looks similar to LK gear too. We'll see if it will beat T19 in looks when the armour models actually come out, it's gonna be a big challenge though.
    nah, thats the thing with sets

either they are cartoony and basic (for people who like em) this set, and the inquisitor set for example
    or they are extreamly detailed and serious looking (for people who like that) like the last teir, and lets say guldan armor for locks from mythic BRF

a good example is here

very cool detailed armor, some people LOVE IT, alot going on, huge amounts of detail, every inch looks different, has shading, has trim and differant textures and apperance

very basic, there is very little detail (armor wise not texture wise) the armor is very basic, there is wide areas with little going on, and only suttle changes, few colourso fp icking, and looks like its on a very differant level

now i love both sets, but for differant reasons one looks very basic, simple, but that allows stuff to be picked up easier
    its easy to see the horns on the helm, horns on the sides, skulls on the shoulders, peaked top

but the other its so detailed yes it looks amazing, but its so detailed you can miss some things, like alot of people dont notice the helmet has creepy teeth and just how the whole thing has something going on, there is very little space that is just "a plate of armor" there is a spike, or a strap of leather, peak of trim, or tuft of furt crossing it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    aw yiss, skulls and spikes what i hoped for, but needs more skulls and spikes.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

im not seeing the mythic set on the front page with the horns, texture issue maybe? (hopefully)

Main Page today, Full set revealed.

Deleted

I like it in that it's something different from usual.
    The cowl with the plate visor is a nice touch, but because of the collar I fear that it'll look crap and/or clip on anything other than human males. I play male undead and there the bottom of the helmet doesn't really connect to the chest, only at the back.

Edit: just found out you can look at them in modelviewer and the result is still acceptable I guess.
    Not quite impressed by the color choices, but haven't seen Mythic version yet. T19 had crappy colors for normal, heroic and pvp as well.
    This goes for most classes tiers in Legion really. Devs seem intent on not only making the normal/heroic models look sub-par to Mythic, bt the colors as well.
    Last edited by mmocaaa1948e8d; 2017-01-21 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Looks cool to me!

Deleted
    Seen the model on the front page. I really like the set, it's something different, but wtf is wrong with Blizzard color choices?
    I mean, cream and light blue? Light grey and yellow? Brown and purple?

Seriously, did they forgot how dk class fantasy works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48
    I knew it :P.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Seen the model on the front page. I really like the set, it's something different, but wtf is wrong with Blizzard color choices?
    I mean, cream and light blue? Light grey and yellow? Brown and purple?

Seriously, did they forgot how dk class fantasy works?
    We should hold votes to decide the dysphemism of the year/expansion... class fantasy would surely make it by now. But I agree, the colors are aweful, but so is the overall design. I'm certainly not interested in going from elven made full plate to skyrim lvl 2 bandit starter gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48
    I knew it :P.

- - - Updated - - -

We should hold votes to decide the dysphemism of the year/expansion... class fantasy would surely make it by now. But I agree, the colors are aweful, but so is the overall design. I'm certainly not interested in going from elven made full plate to skyrim lvl 2 bandit starter gear.
    I agree the design looks like a pvp sets from Pandaria, but in terms of dkish looks I doubt they can suprass T19 this expansion. Going for something different is the right choice, but ffs they have to stick to darker color schemes. Leave this kinds of palettes to paladin and warriors, and bring back Wrath color schemes.

I just wanna know why he is wearing those house slippers. I feel like he should be holding the morning newspaper and a cup of coffee.
    Not very intimidating, even if the slippers have spikes on them.

Greetings Death Knights,

Looking at the tier 20 sets that were datamined I am slightly concerned. All the other classes except monks and demon hunters got their tier 6 updated which was amazing. What Blizzard did was first update the actual tier 6 and then get inventive with the mythic version and reimagine it. That was cool!

But with death knights they took our starting armor set and get inventive with it from the get go. I mean if you look at it, really only the shoulders and the chest of the original set sort of remain. The "basic" non mythic version is already reimagined. Even the color scheme from the original version is missing.

Why not just update the actual armor set for the base non mythic version like the other classes?

7+ Year Old Account
    @Archmage Kalec

the dk one is cool isnt it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    @Archmage Kalec

the dk one is cool isnt it?
    It looks like a defunct reploid to me, but then again if something reminded me of Mega Man, it's automatically a win in my book.

It is the most awful looking set I have ever seen. I mean it literally looks worse than the original starter gear. Nothing DK about it. It makes you look like a cartoon wearing cheap slippers.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about this basic version--what's up with the sleeveless look anyway? It's PLATE ARMOR, not mail--but I'm cautiously optimistic about the mythic one if the icons are anything to go by.

It looks like a rogue armour set to me :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pleasantly surprised at actually how great this new tier looks. I wasn't expecting it be as nice looking as it is. I do have 2 small critiques that I hope they will be looking into (IMO) as I understand these are still early preview (although I doubt much will change other than the showing of the Mythic set, etc.)

My changes would be to add a small armour plate to the heel of the boots (or even switch up the boots to be like the new Warrior ones as those are fuggin' AWESOME!) and to add a loin cloth thingy to the belt (in the style of of the Warlord's Primal DK set - imagine something like Skeletor but with the matching shoulder spikes on the draped leather bits).

[EDIT] REALLY not feeling the colours though... I would have loved to see starter set colours and then the NPC recoloured brown starter set, etc. and then push forward from those colour schemes.
    Last edited by Ruunicus; 2017-01-22 at 12:05 AM.

Keep in mind that all of the tier sets for DKS being displayed are NORMAL/HEROIC/CASUAL PVP gear.

The elite/mythic isn't out just yet, but I can imagine with the icons posted from OP that the gear will just be the same... with horns added to it.