10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else having issues with Call of the Scarab?

I had been in a raid group for about three hours farming the badges to summon the special mobs but it was getting very tedious and almost impossible to even continue with due to the amount of people in raid and general saying or asking the same thing: "what do we get from this?", "what the point of this?", "where the achieve?" "What mount we get?" "Where pet?" "No stuff at vendor?", "where my toy?" etc etc etc... When trying to explain the significance of the event and that it’s for bragging rights essentially, people would instantly drop out and leave. The amounts of “this is pointless” “screw this!" "Blizz really f'ed up" is infuriating.

It took three hours roughly to grind 1250 tokens, and that was with about 15-20 of us joining with other groups, giving all our tokens to the nominated holder. Admittedly it was anticlimactic after defeating the summoned mob, but the amount of people dropping out, quitting leaving and just instantly giving up was really disheartening.

Defeating the zone/world bosses that spawned would constantly evoke rage in general by others, "wtf where is the gear?" "What do they drop?" "Are they bugged" is just unbelievable.

I have been loving collecting the green set pieces, some cool leather sets dropping and some really nice low level weapon mogs, but the majority of people taking part then rage quitting are making it really hard to continue with.

Its hard to get people to stay and take part. I'm finding it great fun, just a shame its hard to get community spirit.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

People often want reason to do something and whats the point in doing it? Who cares about having a Horde or Alliance flag up on your server if server communities have been dead for years.

These events would have worked a LOT better in earlier WoW when your server mattered more.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The cross realm groups and raids where constantly phasing in and around us that you may as well have been doing it solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    These events would have worked a LOT better in earlier WoW when your server mattered more.
    Supposedly from what Blizzard said it's not server specific, it's region wide. So why should I bother working my ass off while majority of the servers in my region (the active ones not the dead ones) are dominated by the opposite faction? I can already see who's gonna win this. If it was server specific then at least it would make some sense. To, you know, mark your territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Supposedly from what Blizzard said it's not server specific, it's region wide. So why should I bother working my ass off while majority of the servers in my region (the active ones not the dead ones) are dominated by the opposite faction? I can already see who's gonna win this. If it was server specific then at least it would make some sense. To, you know, mark your territory.
    Thats retarded
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg