Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I think that's called "projection"

Like when pastors talk about how evil and wrong it is to have buttsex and then they are found buttsexing men in airport bathrooms.

- - - Updated - - -

If somebody has a Hitler-like mustache, is a comparison to Hitler wrong then? No, because obviously you aren't comparing the atrocity that Hitler committed to someone who hasn't committed atrocities, you are only comparing one aspect of the whole situation.
    Dude are you serious? When you compare someone you dont like to Hitler its obvious you are not refering to his moustache. But thats besides the point ethnic cleansing goes beyond "things one dont like" and the comparison is idiotic even of taken by that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Tons of people get punched in the face every day for much less. We don't encourage it of course, but sometimes it just so happens to someone that you despise and you don't necessarily hate the outcome.
    People are clearly encouraging it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    One of the few gifs that I appreciate... even after the 20th loop.
    What bothers me the most is that they are culturally appropiating Pepe.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-01-21 at 04:42 PM.

Seems fair enough.

I mean it's assault, but that happens everyday. So this is only newsworthy in the context that the guy who got punched is a open racist creating propaganda and promoting ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We should consider the possibility that as weak as that "attack" was, he may have set it up to gain sympathy and smear people who don't like Nazism.
    Not to bring past topics, but yeah, kinda like a martyr of some sorts sorry, couldn't help myself and had to poke the fire!

So is calling someone a Nazi no longer considered "Godwining" since Nazi's are "just people with opinions that differ from your own" now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We should consider the possibility that as weak as that "attack" was, he may have set it up to gain sympathy and smear people who don't like Nazism.
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Are you sure you aren't part of the alt-right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So is calling someone a Nazi no longer considered "Godwining" since Nazi's are "just people with opinions that differ from your own" now?
    I think this is one of the few cases where it's actually valid :P

I'm sorry but Pepe...that just doesn't work for me...Were I a Nazi I'd wonder at how far the ideal has fallen...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Just because it "goes beyond" things i don't like doesn't mean it isn't also included under the banner of things i don't like.
    This is a semantics argument at this point. But lets go. The label things one does like has a meaning. It implies somewhat minor disagreements. Disagreeing on whesther or not one ethnia should be "cleansed" is beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    On the day of the presidential inauguration the most American thing happened. Somebody punched a Nazi in their fucking racist piece of shit face and I applaud the man. Sorry you don't talk to a Nazi especially one like Richard Spencer. A good blast to the face is the least he deserves.
    This sounds pretty fascist to be honest. Are you even american? Is it american to just fly off the handle and use violence to suppress first amendment rights? Oh, I get it. It is american if you think a certain way right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    Assault is a crime, last time I checked.
    Wasn't Spencer the one being punched...

I don't believe that assualting someone who simply wants to speak is productive. It simply strengthens his support.

Terrible ideas should be put out in the open were they can be ridiculed. Resorting to thuggery only makes this worse.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This sounds pretty fascist to be honest. Are you even american? Is it american to just fly off the handle and use violence to suppress first amendment rights? Oh, I get it. It is american if you think a certain way right?
    No one surpressed his first admendment rights. The first amendment doesnt pritect you from society checking your ass when you say something stupid. It protect you from the government arresting you.

And stated earlier, nothing is more American than punching Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

We should of never let progressives open pandora's box...

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    What bothers me the most is that they are culturally appropiating Pepe.
    I don't even know what Pepe is or what they did with it. I'm not that much into memes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    A guy supporting ethnic cleansing got punched. Unless you are responding directly to someone saying the puncher is above the law, the tact of bitching about the punch and not the ethnic cleansing is wierd... just, bizarre...
    These are the same people who are seriously bewildered to why they're being called nazis.

Bet you didn't see that coming.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    No one surpressed his first admendment rights. The first amendment doesnt pritect you from society checking your ass when you say something stupid. It protect you from the government arresting you.

And stated earlier, nothing is more American than punching Nazis.
    It would also be in his rights to pull a gun and blow the brains out of the person who assualted him.

You don't attack people because you dislike them...

Godwin doesn't apply when nazis are the topic, naturally. It only applies when nazis are off topic. Say, a discussion about homosexuality. The theory is that when the discussion has reached a point that someone says "Incidentally, nazis killed gays, too!" you've pretty much said all there is to say about the topic and are dragging out nazis because you have nothing else useful to say.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Get off the high horse there buddy. When somebody is calling for ethnic cleansing he loses any semblance of trying to be part of a rational discussion.