Weeb's do not watch Hentai with other weeb's.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Have any of the bigger anime youtubers released their Watch, 3 episodes, Drop for winter 2017?
    Demo was the only one I liked who did this and he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Weeb's do not watch Hentai with other weeb's.
    I have before at a con.

Is it too early to declare an aots? Kuzu no Honkai is mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Dragon Maid

Dragon Maid AOTS

How did you guys get into anime?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    One night when I was bored, I asked on a certain forum "what is a good anime to watch for a newcomer?" or something like that.

Most people suggested Cowboy Bebop, so I watched it. It was really good.
    Afterwards, I went with the second most suggested option, Death Note. It was really good, and I didn't think anything would ever top it.
    Then, I went with the third most suggested option, which was Code Geass. It was amazing and it is still one of my favorite anime.

The rest is a sad, sad history of a decent man descending into degeneracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

The rest is a sad, sad history of a decent man descending into degeneracy.
    After Japan was your low point.

Naruto was suggested to me as I started high school.

Spiraled out of control from there. Despite saying that though, my anime experience is a drop in the bucket compared to most here, I've always really read manga up until like a year ago. Technically anime started with Steins;Gate after I beat the VN of it.

10+ Year Old Account

I guess? I don't know, it was always extremely popular here when I was a kid and I sincerely don't know anyone from my "time" that hadn't watched any anime at all. Even my extremely normie female friends watched things like Inuyasha, Card Capture Sakura and Sailor Moon. Not to mention the entire Dragon Ball series.

I also don't know any guy in my Uni class who doesn't/didn't watch any anime at all (and I'm not talking about watching something 10 years ago), everyone still watch shit.

First anime I had to download to watch was Naruto though, I can still remember the pain of having dial-up and not being able to do it at home at all even when RMVB episodes were like 20MB each... Happened more than 10 years ago though, I remember when the first episode of Naruto Shippuden aired in something like 2007 (not really sure) and all my school friends were hyped to finally watch it rofl

- - - Updated - - -

You're late, I claimed it one page ago.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2017-01-22 at 04:44 AM.

Started off watching stuff on Toonami before school in the morning. Prince of Tennis, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Dragonball etc. A decade later, one of my close friends in Skype one day was talking about anime and I made the mistake of looking it up and then I found this place. I stared into the abyss and it gazed back at me essentially.

@Artorius I have Mashu's shield to protect me from you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    After Japan was your low point.
    When a man is cast down from the Heavens and forced to return to the land of the living, it is only natural a part of him would be left behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started off watching stuff on Toonami before school in the morning. Prince of Tennis, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Dragonball etc. A decade later, one of my close friends in Skype one day was talking about anime and I made the mistake of looking it up and then I found this place. I stared into the abyss and it gazed back at me essentially.
    @Artorius I have Mashu's shield to protect me from you.
    >Spending 10 years without watching glorious nippon animation and still trying to say Mashu's shield would protect him

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheez_TV

Quality morning servings of Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonball, Beyblades, etc.

Getting older, I saw bits and pieces of Naruto on Cartoon Network/Toonami.

I had lots of mates in high school who were big anime nuts, but I hadn't really gotten into it like they had yet. When I entered university I got bored and started watching streams of the Dragon Ball Z that I knew and loved. That lead to Naruto streams, then Bleach streams, then One Piece streams, then Fairy Tail streams, then etc etc. I started looking up airing anime and getting recommendations from forums and at some time when I was about a year or two out of uni I became a proper airing enthusiast and participant of this community.

Now I'm just an old cunt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Youjo Senki 03 - Okay, I ended up watching this. It's pretty good. I'm surprised it's made by a completely new studio, it has some crazy production values. I assume the director can take some credit for the quality, since he also worked on Punchline which (despite some of its other flaws) was also really well put together.

I read Dragon Ball and Ranma when I was little. At some point I started reading FMA and Naruto as well. Started looking into scanlations at some point and found stuff like FT. Then one day I saw Higurashi Kai's opening and thought it looked and sounded pretty neat. Then I just ended up watching it. SnK also pushed me further into trying out anime instead of just reading manga.

Urara 3 - Chiya goes awoo

dang cute anime grill goes to broly
    Last edited by bals; 2017-01-22 at 09:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did any1 check Granblue Fantasy The Animation yet? I was bingewatching all 13 episodes of voltron yesterday so i had no time (season 2).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched Pokémon and a few episodes of the original Digimon when I was young, but that was just another 'cartoon' for me since I had no idea what anime was.
    When I started watching anime was when someone lent me the first 25 episodes of Naruto to watch, after that I watched the rest of the available episodes on Youtube, and when I caught up I just went and searched for more anime to watch.

Manga 'Yuru Camp△' Receives Anime Adaptation

The cover of the March 2017 issue of Houbunsha's Manga Time Kirara Forward magazine will announce on its release on Tuesday that Afro's comedy manga Yuru Camp△ will receive an anime adaptation. More details about the anime will be announced at a later date.

Yuru Camp△ began its serialization in Manga Time Kirara Forward magazine in May 2015 and currently has two compiled manga volumes. The third volume is set to be released on February 10, 2017. The manga revolves around the camping adventures of Rin and Nadeshiko who met each other to see Mt. Fuji.
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1586287

I'm with the Toonami crowd, although for me it wasn't as direct.

I first saw anime at a local video store where on an upper shelf in the back they had Akira. I was pretty young and thought, "Hey, a cartoon!" Turned over on the back and it had pictures of people being splattered and mutating, and I was like O_o. My second contact was also not as positive. I loved Beast Wars when I was 12 and I came home every day after school to watch it. Then one day, as I sat myself down, it came on in place of my beloved 90s CGI toy-sellout: "I want to be...the very best...like no one ever was~." I had a distinct, "What the $#@! is this?" moment.

It wasn't until high school that I was sucked into anime through Toonami, but I still regarded much of it with suspicion. While I avidly watched series such as Gundam Wing and Rurouni Kenshin, others simply disturbed me. The first time I saw Cowboy Bebop I didn't like it very much; in fact I thought it was depressing and disorienting (which to be honest, it is). However, as time went on I kept at it and here I am now. ;P