Poll: What platform you buying RE7 on.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Megathread] Resident Evil VII Biohazard

Can not wait to play this Tuseday, I'm so hyped for it.

Who else is getting it and what platform.

Now the hard choice, do I play this first of Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Would love to get the true ending in the demo for the coin but its a pain in the ass.

"I will admit this makes me miss P.T "
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-22 at 10:07 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

on the ps4, because i have the psvr

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    on the ps4, because i have the psvr
    Would love to play it in PSVR but I don't have one yet. Hope I like the game enough to play it in VR again when I finally get one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a trashy gimmick, IMO.

Not buying it, having bought every other Resident Evil ever made.

Will get it on my ps4 pro, love the look and feel of the game.

I think PlayStation 4 PRO (when I finally get one). Simply because I finally understood why playing "story" games feels much better when ran on a console + sitting on a comfortable sofa in front of at least 50" TV

As soon as i saw first person because now the VR gimmick is a fashion i just don't want to even look at this RE.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    As soon as i saw first person because now the VR gimmick is a fashion i just don't want to even look at this RE.
    If u got a XB1/PS4 or a PC that can run it u should at lease check out the demo. I felt the VR is a 2nd thought and the game is solid. Ill withhold fully judging it until Tuseday but I quite enjoyed the demo.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still haven't seen enough gameplay of the full game to decide if I'm getting it. The demo was just walking around in a mostly-empty house, which I expect the full game won't be, and the "gameplay" trailers for the full game so far only contain more walking and scripted events.

Basically, I haven't seen any action yet, and yes, the pre-RE4 games had plenty of action. If this game has none of that, I ain't getting it

Also, I have to say this is the first RE game I will play and enjoy. I really hated how earlier games had this strange 3rd person gameplay with weird camera angles and unclear movement. I'am really really happy and thankful for the 1st person view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Planning on getting it for my 2TB Xbox One.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been watching streams of this game and it looks even worse than I thought it did.

So slow and clunky with a lot of bugs. And in the few streams I see actually using the gimmicky PSVR, it looks even worse. Lot of jarring movements/skips or something like its desyncing. If it was just one stream I would assume the streamer just set their stuff up wrong, but I have seen it on every single one using PSVR, I don't understand how it isn't making them puke, its jarring just to look at it in a Twitch window, I can't imagine what its like in the headset. Though I don't know if that is the game being bad or PSVR being bad, I assume both.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I have been watching streams of this game and it looks even worse than I thought it did.

So slow and clunky with a lot of bugs. And in the few streams I see actually using the gimmicky PSVR, it looks even worse. Lot of jarring movements/skips or something like its desyncing. If it was just one stream I would assume the streamer just set their stuff up wrong, but I have seen it on every single one using PSVR, I don't understand how it isn't making them puke, its jarring just to look at it in a Twitch window, I can't imagine what its like in the headset. Though I don't know if that is the game being bad or PSVR being bad, I assume both.
    The "skips" you saw were probably people using their right stick to move the camera, which makes it turn a certain amount of degrees. 30? 45? I don't remember. They had a reasoning for it being like that instead of a steady gradual turn, but I don't remember what it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    The "skips" you saw were probably people using their right stick to move the camera, which makes it turn a certain amount of degrees. 30? 45? I don't remember. They had a reasoning for it being like that instead of a steady gradual turn, but I don't remember what it was.
    No I am talking about the camera changing locations, like the tracking lost its location or something. Not a turn, but like a slide sideways, only not a slide, it would just glitch and be in the other location.

Good reviews so far exept ign gave it lower but i dont watch them ever since they gave Alien Isolation a 5.9
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-01-23 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I think PlayStation 4 PRO (when I finally get one). Simply because I finally understood why playing "story" games feels much better when ran on a console + sitting on a comfortable sofa in front of at least 50" TV
    Gonna bite here, but whats stopping you from having the PC in the same room? A computer tower isn't exclusive to a desk, if you think that then thats your own fault.

People do realise PCs have HDMI right? Which allow them to be plugged into the same TV...

I watched the good ending on youtube and I am still gonna play the game at some point but even the good ending is a bad ending knowing umbrellas history
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-01-23 at 11:04 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm three hours into the game so far and this is definitely one of the best Resident Evil games I've played yet and the only game outside of Dead Space and Outlast to give me a few good jump scares.

Playing this in VR would be extremely unnerving to me, lol.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't like the demo, I love horror, but it was just boring. I'm not a fan of games I can't even defend myself.

Does the game change at all?