Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And they are getting banned in more and more countries. So despite gay marriage being also more common, the slippery slope nightmare of Putin isn't exactly becoming reality.

And you know that because they tell you so by saying no?

For this to be as binary as you claim celebrities would need to be a hive mind.

*When you hit argumentative rock bottom, try to gig through it by attacking other people's avatars on hope there's some other side you can enter that way*

You really have some kind of a victim complex about anime. Show on the dolly where anime touched you.

At which point has he been? Also, given that it's unlikely you made this comment because of Putin complaining about PC, just gotta lol.

Coming from the person attacking other people's avatars, this is rich.
    I must admit, it's a motivating reason for keeping my avatar and signatures as anime art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i just see a lot of anime fans defending him.
    Really? Where? I have to disagree with that. I've never seen that pattern.

Well as an Atheist i strongly disagree with many of his points and I literally Despise him, but when i look at the new SJW and Feminazi movements how can i not agree with the rest?? We let a cancer like SJW grow in our society and it is spreading!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Just about every single person in this thread bitching about censorship, is actually complaining that the reply wasn't censored... thus making them feel shamed...
    Or, since the topic is PC, they aren't complaining about the reply, but what they are replying to themselves in the first place, i.e. people trying to police speech that is offensive or triggers their PTSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I must admit, it's a motivating reason for keeping my avatar and signatures as anime art.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Where? I have to disagree with that. I've never seen that pattern.
    various threads. its kind of hard to miss the avatars/sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Ok I gave it a read. So dejure the age of consent is 13,de facto 20+. Japan has such weird laws regarding sex; for example its only considered misdemeanor when an under 13 year old woman have sex with an older man, which seems like an odd thing to add. Also that makes me wonder why then japan has an obsession of sexualizing minors? WEIRD

Anyway TY for the explanation.
    What's so weird about it? It's practically nothing more than a Romeo and Juliet law that prevents criminalizing teenagers that have sex with each other.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yes on the first, but what the hell on the second?
    A mod agreeing with Putin's complaints about PC? I.e. a person that's
    socially inept and say inappropriate, misogynistic, racist or homophobic things and get pissed when people don't agree with them
    (as per the first reply) (also, I'm being facetious right now)? Damn, MMO-C standards are getting low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You should try My Little Pony sometime. That really gets people going.
    I actually have no good things to say about MLP... the community it has spawned is really awful.
    Each to their own I suppose. They seem to be having fun and they're not hurting anyone. Still, it's pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    [Now, the de-jure age of consent is number 1. It is impossible for anyone in any occasion for anyone under this age to consent in any sexual behavior in Japan. On the other hand, the rest of the rules are the rules of relationship. It does not unconditionally ban relationship for someone younger then the age provided.

Its literally right there. Also in Japan manga alone makes $5 billion annualy and culturally speaking thats what they export. So its fair to say why Japan as a whole sexualizes minors. (And yes Im aware of the nuances in Japanese culture and the place anime & manga have in it and how disconected from reality it is, but based on sales alone it still means it has some levels of acceptance and some nuggets of truth about, specially when it comes to tropes)
    What if I told you that there's more to manga and anime than sexualizing minors? Mind = blown.

Deleted
    This is what I got when I watched RT for the last few years... So is it "new"?

people who say such things like to conveniently ignore that the ME/etc was far more "enlightened" than the west in the past as well.
    when you have a rise in right-wing politics and religion is when things go "backwards."
    Or authoritarians from any side of the spectrum.

Deleted
    i didnt realize historical facts were political correctness. the taliban, isis, etc are all right wing extremist groups.
    I don't see the relevance of their history to them being inferior/backwards to the current situation. How does that relate to public stoning,female opression and general idioticy?

You feeling the need to make excuses like 'they were good before' for such atrocities is typical for this excessive political correctness

Or authoritarians from any side of the spectrum.
    true, although historically speaking it is much rarer to see it on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    P.s. saying others live in echo chambers, while living in your own made up fantasy world is ironic. Just saying.
    So is the idea that electing Trump "sends a very clear message that political correctness will not be accepted". A person who gets a seizure, aneurysm and 20 types of cancer all forcing him to throw a Twitter tantrum whenever someone criticizes him in any way already outhright called for safe spaces that he agrees with. Yeah, that's like totally not the other side of the same coin.

Deleted
    I've never experienced this as a problem. If you can be elaborate and explain your viewpoint well, people will listen. Most people don't, and then go and complain about how PC shut them down.
    This isn't so much about people you meet face to face, but about the people that are able to reach a lot of people, i.e. through media or politics. They are the ones that create the echo chamber and they sure are the ones that perpetuate excessive political correctness. As much as I disagree with trump on a great many things, his statements on the media aren't entirely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    I don't see the relevance of their history to them being inferior/backwards to the current situation. How does that relate to public stoning,female opression and general idioticy?

You feeling the need to make excuses like 'they were good before' for such atrocities is typical for this excessive political correctness
    where did i excuse any atrocities? also, the relevance is that there is "backwards" or "forwards", just wherever things are.
    it can easily change, and has done so in the past. the west is seeing a rise in right wing extremism, which is what leads to such things. it is best to learn from other people's mistakes.

Dunno. Not sure what you mean. Example?
    Almost all replies from the left side posters in the thread about Twitter "attack" on Trump's son, for example. Plenty of left side people pointing out that the right wing can be just as PC when something is inconvenient enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Putin is a itty bitty fellow. Obama is only 6 1.
    Holy shit Im taller than Putin.

i just see a lot of anime fans defending him. i dont think he is a fan of a medium that is often accused of enabling pedophilia.
    And I see plenty who don't (then again some get lumped with literal neo-Nazis by other posters despite being left wing, just because they don't applaud nonsensical part of the left wing). Now what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Who cares about the community? It's a TV show, not a lifestyle.
    But the community ruins it by association. Some people take things far too seriously.

And I see plenty who don't (then again some get lumped with literal neo-Nazis by other posters despite being left wing, just because they don't applaud nonsensical part of the left wing). Now what.
    now we know that maybe its a bad idea for an anime fan to also be a putin fan?