Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    TIL Vladimir Putin is an edgy teenager who gets his world-view from /pol/

Deleted
    Can anyone bellieve that Trumps goverment already is lying about numbers for his party?

How will it be when its about serious issues?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Legalizing homosexuality being a slippery slope towards pedophilia acceptance is one of the core arguments Putin has for shit treatment of homosexuals, so it's not particularly surprising. His nonsense has the same value as other things that he shits out of his mouth though, i.e. none whatsoever.

That's rather binary thinking.

Believe? Unlikely. But he's bound to latch onto it, given how he basically created a trolling doctrine of foreign relations.

Well, GOP promotes child-like finger and hand size through their president, so maybe he was thinking of them.

This sums up my thoughts pretty much.

I like how you present two possibilities, yet the language you use presents the totally-not-paranoid second one as the truth. And Trump being supported by Nazis doesn't make him unsophisticated, true. His total lack of sophistry however, does.

I mean, I can understand people projecting lack of consent on pussygrabbing part of his speech even though he only made such remarks in regards to kissing. Some kind of group illiteracy fueled by clickbait articles and outrage, but still. But married? Trump said he didn't go anywhere with the married woman from the story and the marital status of any other woman was not mentioned.
    Not binary at all. If you're not racist, misogynistic or homophobic then there is nothing to complain about with pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    you are literally describing the temperament of the left

and generally, when confronted with the facts of reality and what is actually causing problems in the world, the left generally screams "racist misogynist xenophobic homophobic" and any other type of phobic they can think of

and the west is sick of it, which is why brexit passed, trump won, italy took their freedom back, le pen will win the french election, and merkel will lose the german election

get used to living in reality again lefties
    I'm not leftwing and most of the racists/homophobic/misogynistic people can go die in some pit for all i care.

Deleted
    Putin is just doing the usual thing of trying to distract from how shit he is running his country right now.

Sad thing is, his cult following are so out of touch with reality that they will eat up every word he says like a dog licks up its own vomit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why, please tell me why this became a TRUMP topic. Again.

/sigh

Anyway, on topic, Putin is a crackpot who needs to cool down a bit. He got too much excitation with Trump and he don't know what to say anymore.

Also, you have to love how Putin associate "Homosexuality" with "Pedophilia". Thanks Putin.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Not binary at all. If you're not racist, misogynistic or homophobic then there is nothing to complain about with pc.
    There are other aspects of PC than race, sex or sexual orientation to start with. And even those three come in two varieties. And I'd say when PC people start calling for censoring whatever slight they can thing of because it can maybe be offensive, I'm not sure how racism, misogyny or homophobia apply when one complains about that. Besides, both sides of the spectrum complain about the other being PC. Does the left exhibit racism, misogyny and homophobia when the right loses their shit about Trump's son being made fun of? I kinda doubt. Which makes your narrative reductionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who complain about political correctness tend to be the ones who just want people listen to their stupid rhetoric without criticism.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

"The excesses and exaggerations of Political Correctness in these countries indeed leads to serious consideration for the legitimization of parties that promote the propaganda of pedophilia"
    The first part of this statement contradicts the second part.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Both entirely true and accurate.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    This isn't so much about people you meet face to face, but about the people that are able to reach a lot of people, i.e. through media or politics. They are the ones that create the echo chamber and they sure are the ones that perpetuate excessive political correctness. As much as I disagree with trump on a great many things, his statements on the media aren't entirely incorrect.
    People hear what they want to hear. With some elementary understanding of recommender systems and clustering algorithms, you could actually go about proving such a thing. Open a YouTube account--a fresh one--and listen to some music. The algorithm begins to incrementally expand to media you might like and before you know it, starting off with Kygo, you transition to a more pop hip-hop artist--perhaps The Weeknd--and a few tracks later, your walk takes you into more hardcore hip-hop. Of course, there are many paths you could have also taken from that pop electronic vibe of Kygo to electronic country to Tim McGraw, but this actually is a difficult thing to achieve with politics.

If you watch an anti-SJW video, you will get nothing but conservative and anti-SJW videos, almost forever, unless you just so happen to stumble onto a uniquely different video like a segment of What Would You Do that just so happened to have baited conservatives and other people alike (you'll know it by the thumbs down and the comments). So, to exit your circle-jerk cluster of conservatives, you must continue watching those ultra-rare What Would You Do recommendations until the algorithm realizes you've moved on from your conservative cluster into a cluster of individuals more open to different material.

It is virtually impossible to move from the right to the left as you could do moving from hip hop to trance and that is an algorithm, statistical and graphical in nature, being so biased with the data it learned from that it will rarely recommends things outside its circle. Circle jerking would exist with or without the people delivering the content because the data we give are representative of the people who will watch us.
    Last edited by twiddler; 2017-01-23 at 04:31 AM. Reason: plural

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Both entirely true and accurate.
    So much truth in 5 words
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    At this point, the only person that can save America is Putin.
    Well, Putin is basically the president now so...

Deleted
    Political correctness prevents me from defending pedophiles from what I see as unjust and unconstructive treatment. What would Putin think of that?

7+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window
    Same thing happened with LGBT question

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Putting Trump in power sends a very clear message that political correctness will not be accepted. People in echo chambers can be PC, but it shouldn't come from the top.
    Hahahahaha!

You're not going to enjoy the next decade or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Honestly America you need to wake the duck up. Stop pretending like Trump has anything smart to say or is going to do anything good for the world. He might actually bring some jobs back to the us, and some temporary growth. It he is going to fuck with everyone else while doing it, just like his companies. He will ruin you in the long run.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

Grabbing a woman by the pussy is sexual assault.
    then why wsnt he arrested right then and there?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    People hear what they want to hear. With some elementary understanding of recommender systems and clustering algorithms, you could actually go about proving such a thing. Open a YouTube account--a fresh one--and listen to some music. The algorithm begins to incrementally expand to media you might like and before you know it, starting off with Kygo, you transition to a more pop hip-hop artist--perhaps The Weeknd--and a few tracks later, your walk takes you into more hardcore hip-hop. Of course, there are many paths you could have also taken from that pop electronic vibe of Kygo to electronic country to Tim McGraw, but this actually is a difficult thing to achieve with politics.

If you watch an anti-SJW video, you will get nothing but conservative and anti-SJW videos, almost forever, unless you just so happen to stumble onto a uniquely different video like a segment of What Would You Do that just so happened to have baited conservatives and other people alike (you'll know it by the thumbs down and the comments). So, to exit your circle-jerk cluster of conservatives, you must continue watching those ultra-rare What Would You Do recommendations until the algorithm realizes you've moved on from your conservative cluster into a cluster of individuals more open to different material.

It is virtually impossible to move from the right to the left as you could do moving from hip hop to trance and that is an algorithm, statistical and graphical in nature, being so biased with the data it learned from that it will rarely recommends things outside its circle. Circle jerking would exist with or without the people delivering the content because the data we give are representative of the people who will watch us.
    I think I get what you're trying to say. And im sure this is unavoidable to a degree, but let me just say this. As a european american news seems like a SUPERUHHh BOanNANZaIIiii FuCKFESTERuhhh.. With which I mean that over here, everything is reported on fairly neutral 95% of reports, on all news agencies.

When I was in america (brilliant country & ppl btw) i didnt see one.single.single report that made me think i wasnt being nudged towards a direction.. I thought cnn came close till i saw a reel of how they reacted to the trump announcement to run. .. And from what ive seen about fox news makes me think those people ought to be transported solely in white windowless vans with padding.. I mean only this week i saw some blonde woman say some heinous things sbout interracial couples..

This phenomenon boggles my mind. And in my eyes it exacerbates this echo chamber you described im big ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    where did i excuse any atrocities? also, the relevance is that there is "backwards" or "forwards", just wherever things are.
    it can easily change, and has done so in the past. the west is seeing a rise in right wing extremism, which is what leads to such things. it is best to learn from other people's mistakes.
    Ive observed that if you make a statement that the SJW boys would deem PiC you get a buttload of excuses/reasons why things are the way they are, preferrably whilst reminding us westerners we are in favor to blame or at the very least that we should feel guilty about our own history first/imstead.

Whilst ofcourse being true in their statements you effectively start producing a massive smokescreen which bogs down any hope of discussing actual current problems, so whilst youre not explicitly excusing these horrors - everyone has to be aware of your compassion and understanding before these matters can be discussed.

This is what happens on the world stage/ in politics too, people spending time over and over again assuring eachother they're super PC whilst failing to adress the actual problems in societies they are discussing. I label this behavior excessive political correctness as it serves no purpose other than being a gutmensch.

Comparing right wing extremism,populism (All these childish 'terrible' platitudes for the other side of the political spectrum) led western societies to middle eastern one seems another product of this hysteric frenzy the PC upper class are going through. It is entirely dictional though, so please do calm down, theres a great big ocean of grey between the puritan white the left has idealised and the reality and barbarity you see in some cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Not controlling other people's lives just because you dislike their life choices has nothing to do with being on the "left", it is just valuing human rights. Changing languages doesn't have anything to do with it either, it is just, IMO, something that should be happening constantly, as our society and the world evolves. The argument about immediate offense is, of course, silly, but there are some good arguments in favor of such change having a positive effect on the society long-term. Much like essentially eliminating "negro" from English helped ease racial tensions quite a bit.

Putin preaches his nonsense simply because he is a traditionalist who cannot accept that the world is evolving. You should hate taking his side, indeed, because his side is inherently irrational.
    I don't see a single good reason why the absolute - orders of magnitute bigger - majority should go out of their way to accomodate the whimsical notions of the left-overs. Reducing the information value of your language is certainly one of these changes I don't see as reasonable. Language does evolve naturally, not because some people in ivory towers, drunk on their sophistry, force it upon people. But anyway, this was about pedophilia and unless someone has some actual current examples (even my green party one was decades ago) I don't see him standing on solid ground with his comment. Even the journalistic scum of neogaf is hugging pedophiles under the pretense of wanting to help them (which I can agree with), not openly advocating for it. I haven't seen a remotely relevant party in the west that actually wants to bring back catamites .

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    America so PC its government doesn't even murder their political enemies.
    Sorry, did extrajudical drone killings already stopped?