Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Hey! People always want to bring up these same things the USA did back during the dates given in that article of how bad the USA is. If Canada gets a pass due to the date and in the past then the USA should get the same pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job going to the Nazi/Fascist route. I'll file your post into the not worth discussing anything with as you have nothing worth bringing to the table.

Both sides get triggered so easily. It was the right word to use in the context of what I said, but you can go ahead and be afraid of it. Try actually replying with an argument next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The Canadians should have shot our border patrol... I guess?
    Might makes right! If they really wanted in, they would have gotten Canada to declare war on the US and walk through the front door. Anything less and they weren't that serious and thus we didn't need their support

US-Canadian border is not as dull of an affair as some people here seem to think, it is a means by which criminals have indirectly entered the country in the past. From a customs official's perspective, you have to think about why two French nationals would head to Quebec to meet friends instead of travelling directly to DC. Country-hopping makes terrorists more difficult to trace.

Of course, they could have simply wanted to go sight-seeing in Quebec or were doing any number of things before travelling to the US as a group, things that were entirely benign.

Considering the fact that I know people personally who flew from overseas to NY and DC to protest and the low percentage of people crossing the US border who are detained, I'm going to assume that there was something in their background check that tipped off customs.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If the difference between entry and denial is "Do you support president trump yes/no"

Then there is clearly something very fucking wrong with our country. And you sick motherfucking fucks who can't see that are part of the goddamn problem.
    Yes I 100% agree. That should not have been a question. Also if they were going to the protest rally then the answer should have been obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Might makes right! If they really wanted in, they would have gotten Canada to declare war on the US and walk through the front door. Anything less and they weren't that serious and thus we didn't need their support
    It works for America.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, Canada has denied entry to Americans who have come to protest. You have no right to enter a foreign country.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

If the difference between entry and denial is "Do you support president trump yes/no"

Then there is clearly something very fucking wrong with our country.
    This is only the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Just an FYI now that Obama's out of office we call him expresident.
    Only when using present tense, not wen using past tense and talking about atime when he was president.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Both sides get triggered so easily. It was the right word to use in the context of what I said, but you can go ahead and be afraid of it. Try actually replying with an argument next time.
    Pot and kettle and all that.

This isn't a rule unique to America. A lot of countries wont let you in if your stated reason for visiting is to protest, especially political. A lot of countries specify in their Visa's that if you join in on a politically motivated protest then your Visa will be revoked and you will be deported.

Just say your reason for visiting is tourism.

I'm confused about something.
    Why didn't the French national have a visa in the first place? same with the British one? Don't you need a visa to enter the U.S anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    When I entered Quebec for my first time I was asked a lot of questions one of which was I planning to attend or initiate any protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Meh, Canada has denied entry to Americans who have come to protest. You have no right to enter a foreign country.
    This exactly. I'm pretty sure the US has plenty of angry lesbians to march down the street, they don't need to borrow more from Canada.

Wow, the custom's officer didn't let them in the country. Two of them were French and not Canadians but I don't see what that has to do with it.

It's another one of those things where I wish I was there and could witness it for myself, the article is pretty one sided.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Hey! People always want to bring up these same things the USA did back during the dates given in that article of how bad the USA is. If Canada gets a pass due to the date and in the past then the USA should get the same pass.
    What in the fuck are you talking about? You should probably try to read the conversation before you jump into, it because none of what you said, and none of the article linked, have annnnything to do with what was being talked about... No one made the claim your trying to make either...
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2017-01-25 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    What in the fuck are you talking about? You should probably try to read the conversation before you jump into, it because none of what you said, and none of the article linked, have annnnything to do with what was being talked about... No one made the claim your trying to make either...
    If I recall someone asked "Canada seems pretty chill, what did they fuck up?" But I guess you didn't want an answer to that question.

Canadian here. The US has the absolute and unlimited right to deny anyone entry into their country for any reason - let alone adding to an already inflamed political situation to which we have no right to participate.

Sure we can comment all we want from afar, and throw shit and garbage at Trump and his people - but you have no right to go to another country and protest their systems.

If I recall someone asked "Canada seems pretty chill, what did they fuck up?" But I guess you didn't want an answer to that question.
    We were talking about the present, not 250-80 years ago... Even after taking the time to go back and read, you still missed it.. sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    We were talking about the present, not 250-80 years ago... Even after taking the time to go back and read, you still missed it.. sad.
    I see just being difficult to be difficult. I'll stick you in that file Its great to be able to just pick and choose what I want in history and just ignore everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Canadian, I'm fine with this. We shouldn't be getting involved in yankee politics anyways and a Trump presidency isn't all bad for us (depending on how the trade winds blow).

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Not a valid reason to deny temporary travel into the US.

Then there is clearly something very fucking wrong with our country. And you sick motherfucking fucks who can't see that are part of the goddamn problem.
    It is 100% the problem. People are too stupid and now too proud to admit they elected what is essentially a bumbling monster with all the power. Authoritarianism is just step 1. Prepare to have all your rights and all your livelihoods stripped away until you're nothing more than a meat bag being farmed by the 1%.

This is Donald's future as president, people. Not some land where everyone gets a small loan of a million dollars from their father, or where someone gets to report a billion dollar loss just to be exempt from taxes. He's just going to make it impossible for anyone not currently a 1%-er to work their way up to that legitimately.

Not to mention this absolutely SICK fixation with the Mexican border. The wall is -not- a feasible solution AT ALL to -any- of the U.S.-Mexico border problems. You want to fix immigration? Fix the visa renewal system, allow it so these people that are coming here LEGALLY, with green cards and work visas, can stay longer or renew quicker so they can continue working. The majority of these "illegals" are actually people who came here legally to work here legally, but get bent over a railing when it comes to actually staying here because it takes as long as their visa is active for it to be renewed.

Yeah this turned into a huge anti-Donald rant and frankly "Hilary" might not have been that much better, but there is no Hilary anymore. This is Trump. We don't blame Gore for the stupid that was W. Bush. Anyone blaming the stupid that is Trump on anything other than the stupid that is Trump is delusional. The problem is his followers have accepted being delusional because it's better to be crazy than to be wrong, apparently.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.