Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if you run a dungeon with a normal key then deplete it, you will get a weekly chest, but no chest
    Ugh, that is NOT true. If you run a Mythic+ starting with a normal key and do not finish it in time, you will deplete the key, get one chest, and it will count towards your weekly chest. Why do people STILL think that a run in which you deplete a key will not give loot? It has NEVER worked that way.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You quoted another poster who said that depleted keys count by saying it's not true. So what do you really mean then?
    He was saying the part about not getting loot for completing the run is false, because he mistakenly thought the person he was replying to was saying you don't get loot for running an undepleted keystone without making the timer.

That triggered a bunch of people who also can't read for shit into mistakenly thinking he was saying depleted keystones don't count for weekly chest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You quoted another poster who said that depleted keys count by saying it's not true. So what do you really mean then?
    I quoted a post with two statements, and specified exactly to which part I was referring. So what I "really mean" is exactly what I said. You need to read past the first 3 words of a post.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    That triggered a bunch of people who also can't read for shit into thinking he was saying depleted keystones don't count for weekly chest.
    This.
    Last edited by Smog; 2017-01-23 at 05:58 PM.

Let's be clear, if my friend X has a +15 depleted key can i use that key and finish the instance (no matter the time) and still get 900 loot from weekly chest?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people triggered in here. Wow...

Normal Keystone, done in time, chest at the end, upgraded key, and counts for the weekly.
    Normal keystone, not done in time, chest at the end, depleted key, and counts for the weekly.
    Depleted keystone, done in time, no chest at the end, upgraded key, and counts for the weekly.
    Depleted keystone, not done in time, no chest at the end, still depleted key, and counts for the weekly.

ANSWERS FOR ALL!!!
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2017-01-23 at 06:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Let's be clear, if my friend X has a +15 depleted key can i use that key and finish the instance (no matter the time) and still get 900 loot from weekly chest?
    Yes, but you will not get a loot chest from the run itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Yes, but you will not get a loot chest from the run itself.
    I sh*t on 870 loot
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    I sh*t on 870 loot
    The loot at the end of a dungeon is 15 ilvls lower than what the weekly cache gives, so a +15 would be 885 loot (baseline).

(Assuming Blizzard hasn't changed this.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    The loot at the end of a dungeon is 15 ilvls lower than what the weekly cache gives, so a +15 would be 885 loot (baseline).

(Assuming Blizzard hasn't changed this.)
    There is currently a cap at 870 for 12+, but that's getting increased tomorrow with the Mythic NH release. So you're correct starting tomorrow.

edit: and holy shit before a bunch of people get triggered again because they can't read, I'm talking about the dungeon chest itself, not the weekly cache.

So i have +12, no point in doing +15 for this reset?
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

+15 will give you a 900 ilvl item.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dungeon itself won't have the upgraded loot for this week, but the weekly cache that you'll open on Tuesday will. So if you do a 15 this week, you'll get 870 from the dungeon but 900 from the weekly cache. Next week, you'll get 885 from the dungeon.

smog u are on the wrong train here.

the question was if a depleted key (the key is depleted before you start the run) will count weekly chest, the answer is : yes.

U can use your friends depleted 15 key, go in, clear the instance and enjoy the loot box at the weekly reset.

I really find it funny (and a little awkward) if people state something very wrong in a very convincing way (seems to be a very american skill that even rewards as high as becoming president in the US) so i wanted to clarify this.

If you want the best loot from the chest inside your class hall, you need to run a +15. If you only care about the loot that drops from inside the instance, then a 12 is the same as a 15 (until the reset).

Start a run with an Active key, finish within timer: You upgrade your key, you get appropriate chests at the end of the run, you get an item in your weekly cache.

Start a run with an Active key, finish after timer: Your key depletes, you get a chest at the end of the run, you get an item in your weekly cache.

Start a run with a Depleted key, finish within timer: Your key becomes active again, you get no loot at the end of the run, you get an item in your weekly cache.

Start a run with a Depleted key, finish after timer: Your key stayed depleted, you get no loot at the end of the run, you get an item in your weekly cache.

For runs finished in any of these ways this week, your chest Tuesday will contain:
    +11 completed: 880
    +12 completed: 885
    +13 completed: 890
    +14 completed: 895
    +15 completed: 900

Before reset tomorrow, end-of-run chests can contain up to 870 baseline (+11 and up), with the chance to +forge.

After rest tomorrow, end-of-run chest can contain up to 885 baseline (+14 and up), with the chance to +forge.
    Last edited by Boyinawell; 2017-01-23 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyinawell View Post
    Start a run with an Active key, finish within timer: You upgrade your key, you get appropriate chests at the end of the run, you get an item in your weekly cache.

Start a run with an Active key, finish after timer: Your key depletes, you get a chest at the end of the run, you get an item in your weekly cache.

Start a run with a Depleted key, finish within timer: Your key becomes active again, you get no loot at the end of the run, you get an item in your weekly cache.

Start a run with a Depleted key, finish after timer: Your key stayed depleted, you get no loot at the end of the run, you get an item in your weekly cache.

For runs finished in any of these ways this week, your chest Tuesday will contain:
    +11 completed: 880
    +12 completed: 885
    +13 completed: 890
    +14 completed: 895
    +15 completed: 890

Before reset tomorrow, end-of-run chests can contain up to 870 baseline (+11 and up), with the chance to +forge.

After rest tomorrow, end-of-run chest can contain up to 885 baseline (+14 and up), with the chance to +forge.
    It's almost as if everything in this was already stated on this page (except for the breakdown of the weekly cache loot that has a typo)

Thanks for the heads up on the typo. I had done the first part of the post, gotten distracted, and then finished it a while later and the discussion had gone way beyond needing it... but I didn't want to just delete it, haha.

Just wondering if the weekly chest will give Nighthold gear?

Depleted keys will still count towards the cache if you completed the dungeon regardless of timer. You still get 1 chest at the end even if you deplete the key also.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Just wondering if the weekly chest will give Nighthold gear?
    The weekly Mythic+ cache rewards items from the highest dungeon you've completed. Not raid items.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -