Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Shouting in someones face isn't assault.
    Actually in most civilized society the proximity of his yelling it is.

Based on what laws I am reading regarding this context, at very minimum it would be a Class C Felony if someone was willing to take it that far.

People often mistake assault for battery or vice versa.

And for people who can be non-biased, he is clearly "chest pushing" the guy.

But whatever. Just more lower end aggression that is acceptable when the left does it. Someone on the right did this people would be losing their minds.

Also, not sure if its been shared before, but apparently hes bitten off more than he can chew before so now he has demoted himself to picking on people ever shorter than he is lol:

Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-23 at 06:18 PM.

He might be one of those people who takes everything very literally

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    He is 5.9inc, thats 175cm, who can he beat up?

Tyson is 1,78m and he was beating the shit out of people higher than him(+1,9m).

I know that Shia is not a boxer, but the height doesn't mean that much in fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Actually in most civilized society the proximity of his yelling it is.

And for people who can be non-biased, he is clearly "chest pushing" the guy.

But whatever. Just more lower end aggression that is acceptable when the left does it. Someone on the right did this people would be losing their minds.
    It's definitely uncivil but I have little sympathy for someone who went there with the intention to troll the protesters and not trying to engage them in any sort of constructive manner. Meeting yelling protesters with yelling is just going to end up with you getting shouted down. Color me shocked!

I remember this dude getting pummeled and walking away like a dog with its tail between its legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    There's no such thing as threat of assault. It's redundant. The threat of danger from an individual is what constitutes assault, whether they physically touch you or not. For instance, holding a gun to someone's head. That's assault even if they never touch you or say anything.

I think you're trying to argue you don't have to wait for someone to actually physically attack you before you can use self defense, and that's correct. But you're using words wrong.
    I'm using the terms as they're being used as part of the discussion. If it helps let me revise. You DO NOT have to wait for someone to physically hit you before you can defend yourself.

If a reasonable person watched the video without knowing the specific positions of the actors would they believe the smaller man feared for his safety? I'd say a lot of people would believe it. Add to the fact the hostile surroundings limiting avenues of escape and I think had he hit shia he'd probably walk. My issue with the whole thing is that so many think physical intimidation is okay. It's not okay when it's someone on the right or left on the political spectrum. You don't win arguments because you're bigger than the other person and had the details been reversed I have no doubt that there would be more outrage...

Deleted
    That's biggest loud of fucking bullshit I've ever heard. Did you press charges on your friend?
    No because it's BS

Nobody isn't saying Shia isn't a cunt but the troll was a bigger cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I know you're annoyed that the bad man yelled at someone you like, but c'mon.

That you think this is about "sides" is your problem, not mine.

I'm not even American; I don't have a horse in this race.
    To be fair, in some areas of the world, it would already legitimise a discussion about assault and possibly coercion. If that dude can prove physical harm to his hearing, he'd roll in millions in a year's time or so.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think talking about the height difference is being a little too fragile and wimpy too me. Two men were yelling at each other. The 4chan troll wasn't some 10 year old kid here. If two men want to square up you can't just give points to the smaller man especially when the difference isn't even that extreme. 5'9 is still a short man too.

Except someone on the right is doing this. In the very same video. They're doing exactly the same thing to each other.
    All I see in the video is Shia getting into physical contact/proximity with the other guy? I did not see the trump guy approach him? Is there more to the video?

I mean in the end fuck both of them, but some of the other stuff posted in Shia's defense is all wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archimonde9999 View Post
    Shia Lebeouf - Hollywood Actor - went quite berserk at an anti-trump rally/art-project recently.

The video below shows Shia getting quite aggressive (see 0:28 in video below).

I understand Shia is a very muscly/buff actor and could probably beat up alot of people - but do you think he is crossing the line with this physical jumping into/shouting down at another smaller man?

Politics aside - I respect freedom of speech and the right to protest - but is Shia crossing the line here with the physicalness?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ct-launch.html

The dude was obviously trying to incite a reaction from the crowd and Shia didn't use violence. So no, I think it was fine.

TLDR: Guy trolls, Shia counter trolls.

(And this is coming from someone who didn't vote for Trump nor Shillary, so no bias here.)
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-01-23 at 06:32 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

He obviously chose to be in the area they were protesting in. So he approached the group. He was right in front of the camera. If anything, the trump guy would be closer to assault. He actually put his hands on Shia where as Shia never actually used his hands, at least in the video. Regardless, who approached who doesn't seem to really matter because they're acting in the same manner.
    I didn't see him use his hands? Can you give me a time mark?

Are you sure if he did it was not in response to Shia's sudden proximity? In most places a threshold is passed where you are legally justified in using physical contact without first being physically touched.

Also the camera seems stationary? I don't think anyone is holding it.

Again, fuck them both, but for the sake of conversation Im all ears.

That's biggest loud of fucking bullshit I've ever heard. Did you press charges on your friend?
    He cupped his hands on my ear and screamed nearly as loud as he could, you don't think that can do damage? It was an accident.

51 seconds it looks like he uses his hands to shove him a bit, not very clear. A very clear one is when he touches his face at 57 seconds. At 1:04 he raises his hand up to push him away, then again at 1:06 and right after he attempts to put his hat on Shia's head, which is the only time Shia uses his hands to swat it away.

Not that I think any of those instances are very threatening, but more so than NEVER using your hands. The part where he touches his face is pushing it pretty close though. I probably would have punched the guy at that point under different circumstances. (I wouldn't be at a protest in the first place).
    Fair enough. I just have a personal dislike for Hollywood twats like Shia I guess.

The guy is a loonie farm.

Fedora guy does get second place for douche flute.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Im glad you all think violence and hate are valid tools to get ones ways. So much in common with Trump, unity is grand!
    yelling =/= violence.

otherwise

trolling should also be considered violence

"Trump supporter disrupts protest with violence"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archimonde9999 View Post
    Shia Lebeouf - Hollywood Actor - went quite berserk at an anti-trump rally/art-project recently.

The video below shows Shia getting quite aggressive (see 0:28 in video below).

I understand Shia is a very muscly/buff actor and could probably beat up alot of people - but do you think he is crossing the line with this physical jumping into/shouting down at another smaller man?

Politics aside - I respect freedom of speech and the right to protest - but is Shia crossing the line here with the physicalness?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ct-launch.html

The symbolism of him aggressively shouting at someone yet shouting "We will not be divided!" is a testemant to just how divided we as a country actually are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

"Physically dominates" xD. Few people on this planet are less of a twat than Shia Lebeouf, our little 4chan troll is one of them. Purposely puts himself into a confrontational situation and then gets exactly what he was asking for, not even assaulted but shouted at. I thought the right wingers were meant to be the hard cases? Threads a gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always hit or miss for me. I liked Holes.
    I thought he did a pretty good job in Fury but the Transformer series really tarnished his reputation imo. Well no not really as they're pretty popular but I did not think he was interesting in those movies.

It's always hit or miss for me. I liked Holes.
    I mean I can roll my eyes at most Hollywood actors and their politic opinions and still go enjoy their movies.

However Shia ranks up there with a handful of other child turned actor who still act like manchildren. You can't help but run across shit about him when reading any MSM website and the guy is just fruit loops. Like Mel Gibson fruit loops.

His often co-star Meagan Fox is another dimwit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you look far into the phrase itself it's silly anyway. Obviously we want to be divided from the truly hateful people.
    Personally I think the entire idea around the project to be kind of stupid. It's more art then protest. Protests are supposed to be disruptive where the most people can see and hear your message. Standing outside of a museum at 4am yelling a mantra over and over to a live stream people can easily ignore is kind of counter productive imo but Shia has never been the brightest fella I'll admit.