So I thought legendaries sources were:
    -Raid bosses;
    -World bosses;
    -Dungeon bosses;
    -Mythic+ chests;
    -Weekly chests;
    -Emissary caches
    -PvP weekly chests.

But this guy got one from the Wanted panther(Bahagar) quest in Val'sharah. Was this always possible to happen? I'm feeling bad for not looting some of them now lol.

Even if it had dropped and you didn't loot it, it would have been sent to you in your mailbox.

Can confirm, last week a Guildie got a Legendary off of a Danger mob he killed in Azsuna for a Wardens WQ. He was baffled, as were we all when he told us.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I always assumed they dropped off everything, just lower chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Pretty sure they said pre legion ANYTHING you kill has a chance to drop one, so everyone doing something has a chance, just the easier it is, the less chance it is.

Honestly though, if you've not been looting because you're too lazy to click a mob - with the aoe loot option as well. You derserve to miss out on it,
    You know - one of the things I LOVED about SWTOR was that there was a beacon of light that shone from every mob killed that indicated what the max quality of the loot was. For example, if an Epic item dropped off a trash mob, there would be purple light shining from it. This already happens in Hearthstone and Overwatch as well.

It would be lovely if WOW ever incorporated that feature.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Also PVP boxes.
    I got one of mine as the BG ended, popped up under the scoreboard where you click Leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    They drastically increased the number of places where you could get one in 7.1.5

Most notable are from Blingtron 6000 and fishing pools...

I got one from pvp. Not a pvp box, but I got it from the end of match rewards at the score screen.

I believe a Legendary can 'drop' from any loot that is generated in the middle of your screen vs in the loot window.

Guildy of mine last night got a legendary just from world trash mob. It really appears literally any loot source has a chance to drop a legendary.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    You know - one of the things I LOVED about SWTOR was that there was a beacon of light that shone from every mob killed that indicated what the max quality of the loot was. For example, if an Epic item dropped off a trash mob, there would be purple light shining from it. This already happens in Hearthstone and Overwatch as well.

It would be lovely if WOW ever incorporated that feature.
    True I remember it, I still stand by what I say though

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Doesnt it get sent you anyway in the mailbox?
    Nope, only if its blue or higher and its in a dungeon or raid boss, not sure about raid trash but I dont think so

Edit:

Could be wrong, just seen someone say blizzard said in a blue that legends would get mailed if missed from a normal drop

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    They drastically increased the number of places where you could get one in 7.1.5

Most notable are from Blingtron 6000 and fishing pools...
    Fishing drop was confirmed fake, so I think there's still many sources that Don't drop legendary, even if people start rumors like that.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614762251#6
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Can confirm that we believe the screenshot is indeed fake. After checking, there aren't any fishing pools that award Legendaries so if this player truly did get a Legendary, it's a bug.

They also drop from those random chests you find out in the world. Got 1 from them myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You are meant to be able to get your legendary from any kill as well.

Got my Prydaz from a murloc.
    Would love to see proof. Like fishing, non-boss mobs are not supposed to drop legendaries, otherwise you could farm large packs of quick-spawning non-bosses to up your BLP. Even if it didn't up your BLP, this would still be an incredible way to farm leggy's even with a ridiculously low drop rate as farm groups could kill thousands of mobs in a relatively short time with no real limit. Never has a single legendary off a non-boss made it into the wowhead database nor have I seen a SS (which would still be unreliable, see the fishing legendary hoax). From the WoWhead guide which is based off a Dev interview:

LEGENDARY ELIGIBLE SOURCES
    Dungeon bosses
    Raid bosses
    World bosses
    Emissary Caches (rewarded after completing 4 world quests)
    Arena wins
    Rated/Unrated Battleground wins
    PvP Strongboxes
    Mythic+ Weekly Caches
    Rare mobs
    Treasures
    Blingtron 6000 Gift Package

LEGENDARY NON-ELIGIBLE SOURCES:
    Individual World Quests
    Daily Quests
    Storyline/Levelling Quests
    Non-boss mobs
    Fishing
    Gathering
    Source: http://www.wowhead.com/legion-legend...ries-in-legion

The Dev interviews this information was based off of are linked in the page linked above.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-01-24 at 12:29 AM.

I loved the original idea that they could drop from any mob. Of course they would have made them farmable kinda but I still think it would have been nice.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Blizzard has stated many times, including the loading screen tips that anything can drop a Legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Would love to see proof. Like fishing, non-boss mobs are not supposed to drop legendaries, otherwise you could farm large packs of quick-spawning non-bosses to up your BLP. Even if it didn't up your BLP, this would still be an incredible way to farm leggy's even with a ridiculously low drop rate as farm groups could kill thousands of mobs in a relatively short time with no real limit. Never has a single legendary off a non-boss made it into the wowhead database nor have I seen a SS (which would still be unreliable, see the fishing legendary hoax). From the WoWhead guide which is based off a Dev interview:
    Can't honestly claim to have proof, unlike others, I don't take a screenshot of every orange I see. That has gotten old since Wrath for me. Though, can say it is from the big elite murloc on the 'murloc island' in the Aszuna zone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The more important question is, does killing non-boss elite-rares contribute to bad luck protection proc chance? If this is the case, i will be farming everything that moves and has a silver dragon around its neck.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I'm feeling bad for not looting some of them now lol.
    why dont looting mob? O_o
    For sparing half of a second?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    Legendary are everywhere, but when i loot its more like "Really...No Gear" RNG.
    Atm only have 1 fkin legendary, and seems best way to get them its raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    why dont looting mob? O_o
    For sparing half of a second?
    I don't always loot, especially if the mobs are too far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Can't honestly claim to have proof, unlike others, I don't take a screenshot of every orange I see. That has gotten old since Wrath for me. Though, can say it is from the big elite murloc on the 'murloc island' in the Aszuna zone.
    That sounds like a boss mob, not "any" mob. Careful with your phrasing/assumptions, especially when it's now clear you're not even exactly sure what it dropped off of. That's how rumors get started.