Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There was no benefit to Canada from Trudeau's eulogy to Castro, so what interest did it serve beyond the ability of Trudeau to come out in public about his personal admiration for a mass murderer?

Castro was murderous scum, Trudeau is scum because he is an apologist for a murderous scum, you can condemn both without resorting to whataboutism in an attempt to deflect. I am a right winger, I condemn other right wingers all the time when they deserve it and anybody praising a mass murderer deserves condemnation.
    I can agree with that, my point was rather simple that the argument that the US cannot be friends with mass murders and brutal dictators is false because we already are. The second is that although we as individuals can take the moral high ground the history of countries even the ones who claim the moral high ground are filled horrible alliances and events.

We can call murderers for what they are but I find the whole good country vs bad country rather too binary for something that is far more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do you find it insulting to be autistic?
    Being, no. Being called autistic without any basis, however, yes. To both the recipient of this insult and to autistic people, because they probably wouldn't approve of their condition being used to insult someone.

It's also not insulting to be a prostitute. Do you think your mother would approve of me calling her one? Or would you, for that matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I can agree with that, my point was rather simple that the argument that the US cannot be friends with mass murders and brutal dictators is false because we already are. The second is that although we as individuals can take the moral high ground the history of countries even the ones who claim the moral high ground are filled horrible alliances and events.

We can call murderers for what they are but I find the whole good country vs bad country rather too binary for something that is far more complex.
    Some people are evil, Castro was one of them. You can deal with evil as sometimes needs must, but to eulogise a mass murderer is a sign of morally bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    More like British sailors decided to go Awol on US ships and Navy had every right to get them back.

Plus your government wanted to control British North America.
    That's a half truth.

Some of them had went AWOL. Others were just civilians that was forced in the british navy due to the British conflict with France. And even part of those were not English civilians at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    The amount of mental gymnastics that Canadians are willing to go through to defend Castro really says a lot about you seal clubbers. Because he defied the US? Gordies are so petty.
    None, nobody cares. Calm your camaro mullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No. Why would you say such a hurtful thing?
    Why do you consider it hurtful? Ableist.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Why do you consider it hurtful? Ableist.
    Context matters. Randomly being accused of having autism is clearly an insult.

You were accused of nothing.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

nobody accused you of anything. He asked you.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Canada's not the problem with NAFTA...but Mexico.

Well there's a massive drug war there, poverty to such a level no one has seen in decades and a desperation that cannot be fixed easily.

Mexico needs to sort it's problems.

He didn't accuse you. Methinks thou dost protesteth too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Mass murder generally trumps anything good that a person may have done, e.g. Dr Harold Shipman almost certainly helped sick people, however the fact that he murdered hundreds of people overshadows any good deeds he did.
    History proves you wrong? Much of 'civilization' is built on the wars and territorial expansion of kings and warlords alike. We pick and choose the ones we want to demonize as tyrants, usually the ones that don't succeed.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-24 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.