Which lock spec?

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this has been asked alot of times but what spec are you guys using for NH? I'm generally leaning on affliction but destro seems to have a much easier rotation haha! Hoping to get some insights here!

Affliction has pretty much the easiest rotation out of all three specs if you talent it that way. Destro is a bit complicated but in a similar position to aff in terms of simplicity for talents. Demo is pretty great in NH, and if you have an easier time learning its rotation, with a little luck, it will pay off.

TLDR: Play what you play best, and what you enjoy the most.

Demonology/Affliction, trust me, the rotation of single target and aoe of Destro is pretty bad and is not rewarding like demo and affli in this raid.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2017-01-22 at 08:36 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Destro/Affliction, trust me, the rotation of single target and aoe of Destro is pretty bad and is not rewarding like demo and affli in this raid.
    So you meant to write Demo/Affliction correct?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    So you meant to write Demo/Affliction correct?
    Yes, thanks for the correction, I am still upset to left to dust my scepter of sargeras with 40 traits and with relics of 890 ilvl, well at least I hope blizzard keep demonology and affliction as the top spec

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, thanks for the correction, I am still upset to left to dust my scepter of sargeras with 40 traits and with relics of 890 ilvl, well at least I hope blizzard keep demonology and affliction as the top spec
    I am still doing more damage with Destro because i have 42 levels in my artifact plus a desto legendary. I have only 35 each in affliciton/demo, no legendary's and not nearly enough practice to be comfortable yet.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I am still doing more damage with Destro because i have 42 levels in my artifact plus a desto legendary. I have only 35 each in affliciton/demo, no legendary's and not nearly enough practice to be comfortable yet.
    Dunno man, with demonology I am doing more damage in single target fights than destro and in logs the same scenario repeat itself, the only boss i see some people try destro is botanist, but also the legendaries bis are a huge boost, the only legendary with destro I have is the ring which buff the damage of rain of fire, also it seen you don't play well enought the rotation

Play the spec you like or invested in.
    They're all in a good-ok spot.
    People dislike the new Destro rota, people hate the "you move, you lose" penalty of Demo, people hate SE in Aff (but SC is a strong competitor)

affliction bro

but i got 2 bis legendaries for destro yet i still enjoy playing affliction more I hope to get a good affliction legendary soon.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#class=Warlock

gives you overview for every fight spec-wise.
    As you will see on it, you can play at least 2 specs on any fight except skorpyron maybe and be competitive ifnot top.

I prefer Affliction but will also be getting more into Demo as my character continues to collect AP. Personally, I've never liked Destro as I see it as nothing more than a mage-like spec. I like Locks because of DoTs and pets so those are the specs I naturally gravitate to.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Play the spec you like or invested in.
    They're all in a good-ok spot.
    People dislike the new Destro rota, people hate the "you move, you lose" penalty of Demo, people hate SE in Aff (but SC is a strong competitor)
    whats the new destro rota?

I haven't played in about 3 months so just curious.

Pick the spec for the class fantasy over the top performing spec or rotation. Blizz likes to switch it up every few months and for new expansions. You will be disappointed if you lock yourself into the current best when buffs/nerfs come around and change the game

Deleted
    still destruction, at the hardest bosses destruction is better than either aff/demo

nobody cares about padding dps on a bunch of free loot bosses

Right now I'm really happy that I leveled my demo artifact aswell, destro is unplayable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#class=Warlock

gives you overview for every fight spec-wise.
    As you will see on it, you can play at least 2 specs on any fight except skorpyron maybe and be competitive ifnot top.
    Why do you even link that ranking shit is beyond understanding. You need to go through statistic like this:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11/#boss=1849

If you do that you'll see that either Aff or Demo will be the best choice for anything but Elisande and that destro is rarely anything but bottom. Now that may as well change with the recent Destro buffs, so choose a spec with appealing playstyles and dedicate yourself to mastering it.

Yeah, like what I linked is somewhat different. It shows same people on same website killing same bosses.

Dunno man, with demonology I am doing more damage in single target fights than destro and in logs the same scenario repeat itself, the only boss i see some people try destro is botanist, but also the legendaries bis are a huge boost, the only legendary with destro I have is the ring which buff the damage of rain of fire, also it seen you don't play well enought the rotation
    I am still doing more damage with destro than demo because of my gear. I don't have a legendary for demo but I do have one for destro. Also, the rotation suggested on boards was not simming as the best one for me with my gear. I ran sims for myself and discovered that I do better with backdraft rather than reverse entropy and eradication because I have feretory rather than the enhanced life tap. When I tweaked my rotation using the simulator my damage went up quite a bit (though is still not as competitive as I would like it to be)

For distraught destro players, make sure you have at least 32% haste and run the sims on _your_ talents. My crit is lower than I would like so I know I need to try to get more some how. The Elissande fight is where destro really shines with havoc. That said, I have built up all three of my weapons and am polishing up demonology to try to bolster my numbers when I have the gear and maybe a legendary or two. I don't think I'm going to let the staff of sargeras gather dust in the meantime though. It's another tool in my toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightcrescent View Post
    I am still doing more damage with destro than demo because of my gear. I don't have a legendary for demo but I do have one for destro. Also, the rotation suggested on boards was not simming as the best one for me with my gear. I ran sims for myself and discovered that I do better with backdraft rather than reverse entropy and eradication because I have feretory rather than the enhanced life tap. When I tweaked my rotation using the simulator my damage went up quite a bit (though is still not as competitive as I would like it to be)

For distraught destro players, make sure you have at least 32% haste and run the sims on _your_ talents. My crit is lower than I would like so I know I need to try to get more some how. The Elissande fight is where destro really shines with havoc. That said, I have built up all three of my weapons and am polishing up demonology to try to bolster my numbers when I have the gear and maybe a legendary or two. I don't think I'm going to let the staff of sargeras gather dust in the meantime though. It's another tool in my toolkit.
    So far I would say only Botanist and Elisande are the only fight which destro might win over a affliction or demo lock with wreak havoc, but even with legendaries the majority of raiders are playing right now demo/affliction because the base damage is solid and good and with the correct legndaries you can do insane damage like the shoulders of demo. If you have 32% of haste I highly recommend you to still try demonology and read more about the Not guide here in the forum, in my case even with less haste, traits and no legendary I do more single target damage and a very good aoe/cleave compared with my destro spec.