Unhappy Dots don't hit enemies when casted "while flying" on a mount?

Hi people! ^^

When I cast Corruption on an enemy "while I'm flying" on my mount, I hear the sound of the spell, I see the animation of the spell and it even costs me mana, but the enemy doesn't get the Corruption debuff or any damage.
    After casting the spell I only dismount and fall to the ground. While I'm falling to the ground and cast the dot again, it works and hits the enemy!
    I mean the first cast of a dot while mounted "in the air" always does not hit. It's gone.. It never happened. XD

This also happens with agony and siphone life. You cast the dot, but it doesnt appear on the enemy.
    But only while "I'm in the air" with my mount. On the ground dotting while mounted works without problems.

So this issue is a little bit annoying.. I fly through the world while questing and I have to cast every first dot two times, because the first one doesn't hit. :/

Sry about my english. :|

Is this a bug or working as intended?

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelex View Post
    Hi people! ^^

When I cast Corruption on an enemy "while I'm flying" on my mount, I hear the sound of the spell, I see the animation of the spell and it even costs me mana, but the enemy doesn't get the Corruption debuff or any damage.
    After casting the spell I only dismount and fall to the ground. While I'm falling to the ground and cast the dot again, it works and hits the enemy!
    I mean the first cast of a dot while mounted "in the air" always does not hit. It's gone.. It never happened. XD

This also happens with agony and siphone life. You cast the dot, but it doesnt appear on the enemy.
    But only while "I'm in the air" with my mount. On the ground dotting while mounted works without problems.

So this issue is a little bit annoying.. I fly through the world while questing and I have to cast every first dot two times, because the first one doesn't hit. :/

Sry about my english. :|

Is this a bug or working as intended?

Sounds like a bug. could also be lag. What is your ping?

if not lag, Try this macro. it will dismount you just before you cast corruption.

#showtooltip Corruption
    /dismount
    /cast Corruption

The mob resets because it can't reach you. It happens to everyone.

This may be intentional, to prevent people getting "free hits" on mobs from the sky.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

This may be intentional, to prevent people getting "free hits" on mobs from the sky.
    This. Since the spell is an insta-hit (no travel time), there is a lag between you being dismounted and landing within a pathable range and the mob trying to reach you, so since it cannot find a proper path, it resets.
    Try casting it closer to the ground (in melee range) while on your mount and you should see better results (unless your ping is high, maybe resets will still happen).

Yes.. I think you are correct!
    Because I can dot enemy "casters" while flying (they can reach me with spells), but "melee" enemys don't work.

THANK YOU! XD

Just a limitation of the engine. If the enemy has a ranged spell (axe throw, a spell, a dot) they will use it and not reset. If they don't , they will reset