Thread: Veteran Rewards

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Veteran Rewards

I am sure this has been mentioned numerous times but what do you think about a Veteran rewards system in WoW. In FFXIV after a number of days subscribed you get rewarded with exclusive vanity items, the longer you subscribe the better rewards such as mounts. Do you think a similar feature would work in WoW?

Deleted
    They had some sort of reward for people that subscribed for 10 years or something like that. Ill look and see if I find it.

Edit: Here it is. http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/18/771...rd-subscribers

Not sure if it is needed, with FF14's lower sub numbers they need to provide rewards for staying subed, similar to SWToR as well. As I found FF14 fun I could not get immersed in the end game or the grind for secondary profs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marioduh View Post
    They had some sort of reward for people that subscribed for 10 years or something like that. Ill look and see if I find it.

I missed it for unsubbing for 3 weeks for a job training I had.

I got a statue for staying subbed for 10 years so there is some veteran reward lol.

Deleted
    Well, if it was just something cool to look at? Sure.

But it wouldn't be that rare - many many people are already long-time players.

Deleted
    with subs becoming "cyclical" as blizz puts it, it could make some sense to start a loyalty program, but im sure they have done their market research and they might be afraid it would alienate a lot of casual people who sub a month here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I am sure this has been mentioned numerous times but what do you think about a Veteran rewards system in WoW. In FFXIV after a number of days subscribed you get rewarded with exclusive vanity items, the longer you subscribe the better rewards such as mounts. Do you think a similar feature would work in WoW?
    I think such a system is near garbage. And would probably be viewed as another hate against Blizzard for Pay 2 Win or milking poor saps out of their money. I think they have the best approach now, with acheesements and other rewards for just logging in at certain times, which in itself promotes subbing.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-24 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Well, if it was just something cool to look at? Sure.

But it wouldn't be that rare - many many people are already long-time players.
    I don't think that's the point. It's more like "here, you've been with us x time and we appreciate that, have this cool thing" it doesn't need to be rare. I like FFXIV's system tbh, it's just vanity items so it's all good.
    Last edited by mmocec7950f9b8; 2017-01-24 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they on average reward us yearly.

Missed that one because I switched from US account, to EU account.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, the hate might arise - but it does no matter what.

Do we really need to feel pitty towards people and call them "poor saps that get milked" over 15 dollars (or 100 000 gold) a month? What happened to personal responsibility? I can make the math like: "At the current token price of 100 000k I can buy a spider mount or stay subbed 20 months with my in game gold."
    Fair points indeed. But, I would venture to say that if enough people view this has Blizzard just going for another money grab, it could have some negative backlash that leads to real loss in subscribers. To steal from Obama, it's sometimes about the optics of it all. No wrong was done, but if it looks dirty, its just bad for business.
    I do like and say "Great thinking Blizz" when they mailed out the statues to those who were subbed for 10 years straight. They rewarded the loyal (or addicts) without attaching the strings ahead of time.

In my world, I would prefer they just give out random rewards for people who do X, versus coaxing people into doing X. But you do have a fair point in saying, we're big kids and can make our own big kids decisions about it.

Works for me, I'd win ALL the veteran rewards.

However, you just have to look at MoP CM's reward system to know what would follow a Veteran reward system... "I couldn't be subbed or put in the time needed at that particular moment or fulfill the requirements of a certain content for said reward BUT I DESERVE THE REWARDS BECAUSE I'D LIKE TO HAVE THEM!!!"...

Even the Tyrael's Charger, which was insanely easy to obtain, receives the same treatment...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-24 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    Don't forget that the reason FF14 has these rewards is because it was literally dead. They revived it with ARR and those rewards helped them to keep the players bound to the game. They started with monthly rewards and are now at yearly rewards. It's very likely that they'll drop the system in the future because there is a breaking point for newer players who see "you have to pay for 1000+ days to get this shiny stuff" and just say "fuck this shit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I got a statue for staying subbed for 10 years so there is some veteran reward lol.
    For the money you wasted you could have bought yourself 10 statues! Smart people quit in after Ulduar or Casualysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BITBYBIT View Post
    For the money you wasted you could have bought yourself 10 statues! Smart people quit in after Ulduar or Casualysm.
    No, smart people continue playing as long as they enjoy the game.

Deleted

Only a small group of people in the US got that, the rest was ignored.

Yeah, something like rift, where you get a daily reward for each day of the month. Nothing great, but decent. So maybe if you log in every day for the month, the end reward is say... a purple ap chip. At 3 weeks, a blue, green at 2 weeks. In between, things like pet battle charms, maybe marks of honor etc. Each month might have a theme like that. Yeah, not great for everyone, it's not meant to be, but a little boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, something like rift, where you get a daily reward for each day of the month. Nothing great, but decent. So maybe if you log in every day for the month, the end reward is say... a purple ap chip. At 3 weeks, a blue, green at 2 weeks. In between, things like pet battle charms, maybe marks of honor etc. Each month might have a theme like that. Yeah, not great for everyone, it's not meant to be, but a little boost.
    Yeah, I think a daily login reward would be the best way to potentially do so (acc not char ofc) as you said small things like marks of honor, pet charms, 250 reps(BoA), bloods, then give like 100k, 200k,300k, 400k ap(AK25 ofc) for 1-4 wks of logging in.

Deleted
    No I think vanilla players were very bad, too bad to get any attention to Legion mythic raiders.

it would be nice, though honestly getting my 10 year statue was amazing and beats any digital item, a pet version of it for those that got it would be cool.. mini orc o a wolf battle pet XD
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think such a system is near garbage. And would probably be viewed as another hate against Blizzard for Pay 2 Win or milking poor saps out of their money. I think they have the best approach now, with acheesements and other rewards for just logging in at certain times, which in itself promotes subbing.
    Well with this mindset about it, no wonder nice things can't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    Don't forget that the reason FF14 has these rewards is because it was literally dead. They revived it with ARR and those rewards helped them to keep the players bound to the game. They started with monthly rewards and are now at yearly rewards. It's very likely that they'll drop the system in the future because there is a breaking point for newer players who see "you have to pay for 1000+ days to get this shiny stuff" and just say "fuck this shit".
    The latest reward they just introduced in the latest patch (Squall outfit) is stated to be the last one, which is a reward for 4 years of sub time.