Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You're confident that 100% of guns from mexico are being caught by customs?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should work on getting gangs off the streets. Admit it you dont' like this because it's Trump doing it.
    Right, by sending the feds in. Worked wonders for Mexico amirite?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ok. Let's end the war on drugs and shift from criminalization to rehabilitation for drug users.
    Let's also institute living wages and free tertiary education to ensure people don't resort to gang violence.

Wait, I forgot which party Herr Drumpf belongs to.

Maybe we should work on getting gangs off the streets. Admit it you dont' like this because it's Trump doing it.
    No, I don't like it because it's inhumane and won't even work.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I don't like it because its bad when the President makes vague threats that quite possibly exceed the authority of his office.

What do you want him to actually do?
    Especially when those threats are in response to criticism. It's no coincidence this happened after Rahm criticized Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is 228 shootings in 3 weeks "American?"
    Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How about federally imposing some fucking gun control.
    Remember kids - guns kill people all on their own.

Peoples civil rights were violated at the Chicago trump rally, they were physically attacked, they were threatened and their cars were vandalized only for supporting trump. Its no different than the 60's when the fbi was sent to Mississippi for alleged civil rights violations.

Well Trump managed to address the issue in the douchiest way possible so I'm not surprised people are annoyed/upset by it...federal intervention may work in the short term but he is not offering a long term solution. "Having the feds come in" is like trying to cover a gaping artery wound with a band-aid.

There are several sociological, economic, cultural factors contributing to the situation in Chicago and those will all have to be addressed for any sort of real change. Also you're going to have to get people to trust the police again and there is a reason people in Chicago don't trust the police, especially black people. CPD has quite a corrupt history, unfair for the majority of the law-upholding and abiding officers who put their lives on the line everyday but that is the truth of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we should have someone in the government who actually understands how to get it done. Not who brags about how great he is all the time, while having no clue about anything happening beyond his business empire.

And, let's be honest: Trump doesn't care about the gangs on the streets. Who he wants to get off there is the protesters, which there will be plenty in the upcoming years. The guy is an extremely authoritarian narcissist, he can't handle the idea of someone telling him he isn't doing a perfect job.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatizm View Post
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Meanwhile, people don't kill people, drugs kill people.

Welcome to Republican logic for banning dangerous things.

Conservative hypocrite deflection game is on point tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatizm View Post
    Nope. They just make it exponentially easier to do so.

Weird, right?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The most priceless thing on his Twitter is the comment section.
    I wonder if he knows it has a comments section, or if he's literally never scrolled down.

I just thought of a plan: tell him about the comments section and watch as he doesn't reappear for the next 8 years after getting caught up in 4,000 flamewars at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So far in January there have been 45 homicides in Chicago.
    The victims as of today
    35: blacks
    4: Hispanics
    2: White/ everything else
    4: Unknown

http://heyjackass.com/

Lot of people here seem to think that the standard for federal intervention is "Chicago has a crime problem"

Then you start reading the first couple of comments on his twitter and just keep face palming every time you read those neighborhoods need investment. Who would invest in neighborhoods with rampant crime that isn't a lunatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lot of people here seem to think that the standard for federal intervention is "Chicago has a crime problem"
    Chicago has a crime problem that isn't being dealt with by local or state governments.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Then you start reading the first couple of comments on his twitter and just keep face palming every time you read those neighborhoods need investment. Who would invest in neighborhoods with rampant crime that isn't a lunatic?
    Perhaps a government that doesn't necessarily need to make a profit?

- - - Updated - - -

Chicago has a crime problem that isn't being dealt with by local or state governments.
    That's not a legal threshold for martial law or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Meanwhile, people don't kill people, drugs kill people.

Welcome to Republican logic for banning dangerous things.
    Drugs cause mental/physical addictions and relapses. It's a cute comparison unless you'd like to argue how a gun can literally change the brain chemistry and thinking patterns of another person.

Also makes you wonder if the current Repub candidate is doing work to limit the amount of drugs being carried across the border by people.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Nope. They just make it exponentially easier to do so.

Weird, right?
    Makes you wonder how Gun Ownership % in each state barely correlates with the crime in each state when compared to one other.

It's almost as if the social connotations, wealth, standard of living, culture and livelihoods surrounding certain areas affect crime more than the availability of guns.

Weird right?
    Last edited by Astigmatizm; 2017-01-25 at 03:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    So far in January there have been 45 homicides in Chicago.
    The victims as of today
    35: blacks
    4: Hispanics
    2: White/ everything else
    4: Unknown

http://heyjackass.com/
    Darn liberals, now they gone and invented race fluid people!