Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Oddly, I've never encountered a druid bot, at least not that I know of. Mine are almost always warriors or DKs, mostly DKs.
    The bots I notice on my server are always DKs, DHs and Druids in tank specs, since they can't be dazed.

There's also this problem with nodes that are ungatherable but don't despawn, I have a suspicion they bug out because of bots mining them from underground or something.

Recently I encountered such a bugged felslate node, tried to mine it but it wasn't lootable, I gave up after a couple of tries and then I stood there witnessing 2 bots hitting at it repeatedly for at least 5 minutes, reported both and left. Any human being would realize this node doesn't work, it's futile to keep mining at it. A bot doesn't think, so gets stuck in a loop.

They're also a plague of any premade group with auto invite, you join any group for world boss or something only to see 15 tank specced druids / DHs / DKs trying to realm hop despite it doesn't even work because they're in Suramar while the group isn't (so it won't even phase them since 7.0 changes to realm hopping).

But yeah, I could think realm hopping is not a give away of a bot, but mindlessly hacking at a bugged node obviously being stuck in a loop is a dead giveaway of a bot. No one can tell me "oh but these are legit miners", even most dense human being would give up after 10-20 tries...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I run that route for about an hour once a week. Haven't seen a bot there. Are you sure the people you see are bots?
    I've seen quite a few bots, its easy to see. You see 3-4 people running same route, making same movements as if they are running on waypoints, making weird robotic turns etc. They need another banwave at this point.
    Nothing and Everything

10+ Year Old Account
    People often say that i'm a bot when i autorun towards closest herb spawn while browsing youtube. I mean, i tab the game out only to steer the character in right direction, stop, gather, mount up, and if i would see a non-sense whisper like this one i would definitely ignore that. Maybe even add this person to a blacklist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    I've seen quite a few bots, its easy to see. You see 3-4 people running same route, making same movements as if they are running on waypoints, making weird robotic turns etc. They need another banwave at this point.
    Yep, that exactly how i do my herb runs. Also a protip for "weird robotic turns" - you use your LMB to turn your camera towards desired location (next turn, for example), then you press and drag RMB for only 1 pixel worth and boom your robotic swag weird turn is achieved.
    3-4 people running same route - i often have my wife on /follow because she is a herbalist too. Does it makes us a bot? Also people who run towards a dungeon entrance - are they bots too because they run same route?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-01-27 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    i play this game for over 10 years, i know when its a bot moving pattern + every time i talk to these dh 1400 hp never one answer me, im even saying 1-2-3 test bot, these 2 proof are more that enough to see clearly that pretty 100% sure its a bot

any bot have a special way to turn around, very easy to see

- - - Updated - - -

just seen 6 this morning, dont think so
    I don't reply to assholes like you who send me text like that. I will spend hours out there running the exact same loop. Just because someone does not reply to you sending them moronic messages don't just assume they are a bot. Don't you have a Trump speech to go watch or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    Most of the bots out right now run better than humans. They no longer make "robotic turns" and nearly all of them have some kind of random way-point system built in so they are not running the exact same path. If anything the bots now in days are more human like than the humans.

Been doing maths for several decades, never heard of an unreal number

These days - bots are pretty much ineffective, especially farming ones as the multi-tap means they can't corner the market, and thus die out.

However - the batteries of human players farming gold for Chinese businesses, that's a different story.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    I don't care anymore... if I see one I don't talk, I don't report.. I just move on... in the end reporting doesn't make a difference, as said before wow accounts are dirt cheap so even if you get banned after months of botting... the profit is long accumulated.. you can't stop em..

I encourage botting and hope more people will bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Most of the bots out right now run better than humans. They no longer make "robotic turns" and nearly all of them have some kind of random way-point system built in so they are not running the exact same path. If anything the bots now in days are more human like than the humans.
    That's true. I remember farming bots who farmed whatever-the-uldum-weed-is-called around the dungeon of tol'vir. Just wait mounted (they weren't "afraid" of mounted players. If you was dismounted they fly upwards and wait there or /camp) for them to dismount, the auto-attack them to death, because when engaged in combat they simply pop all their cooldowns and turn towards your direction every 3 or so seconds, which is too slow to hit anybody with at least one hand working properly. Tauren druids are assholes tho, these you wanted to be dead ASAP since more often than not they fly away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The realm I'm on Turalyon US, in Suramar it has at least 5 or 6 blood DK bots. Mining/herbing almost 24/7. They are obvious bots if you armory them. They use a default mount. Clip through objects and use fly hacking (they appear to be glitching up through the air)

5 of them must have recently been banned, but a few days later another 4 showed up, from the same person. He made a guild name that was almost exactly the same as his old one, and now the new DKs go at it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I don't reply to assholes like you who send me text like that. I will spend hours out there running the exact same loop. Just because someone does not reply to you sending them moronic messages don't just assume they are a bot. Don't you have a Trump speech to go watch or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Well dunno what to tell you, I was leveling my DH TODAY in fact... was gonna pick an herb, some guy comes in, picks the herb with mobs, runs to another point, stops, turns to his right, starts going on again. Ran to another point, did the same thing. Then I saw another 3-4 people, do the exact same thing, on the same points and spots all getting that one herb. I've seen this in other zones at other times too.
    Nothing and Everything

i have been on both sides i use to bot back in the day and it was more of a hassle so i said F it. the ban wave is a joke, all most of these people do is buy multiple accounts when the game is 5$ or 10$ on holiday events also on G2A u can get it pretty cheap as well for a battle chest ect. so they just go right back at doing it. now if they could keep doing the same thing over and over and over over 3 weeks and people keep getting 6 month bans and causing them to lose money then problem would be solved and no one would want to bot this game. the real problem is the bot makers find a way to stop that detection method and have tripwire detection in place to stop the bots when warden is changed. Now tripwire does not always work , which a ban wave then takes place. but at least 50% of the time it does work and no one is banned. I believe the only way to to stop bots 100% is to give blizz access to your pc to monitor the exe file and if anything attaches to it. if something changes then boom banned. but lol no one will allow that and legally they can't which is why it will never happen.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree OP, bots are a huge issue right now. Quite strange that the first few replies are obviously attempting to gaslight you and anyone else viewing the thread.

Really makes you think...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    People often say that i'm a bot when i autorun towards closest herb spawn while browsing youtube. I mean, i tab the game out only to steer the character in right direction, stop, gather, mount up, and if i would see a non-sense whisper like this one i would definitely ignore that. Maybe even add this person to a blacklist.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that exactly how i do my herb runs. Also a protip for "weird robotic turns" - you use your LMB to turn your camera towards desired location (next turn, for example), then you press and drag RMB for only 1 pixel worth and boom your robotic swag weird turn is achieved.
    3-4 people running same route - i often have my wife on /follow because she is a herbalist too. Does it makes us a bot? Also people who run towards a dungeon entrance - are they bots too because they run same route?
    found the botter

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    This could be server specific. It could also be region specific... For what it's worth, the proof you have offered isn't proof of anything. Ive been playing since the launch of BC and I can't tell you the moving patterns of a bot (unless it's in PvP). As for the whispering and not receiving a response... Well, If people I don't know randomly whisper me with gibberish, I am not answering. I would imagine there are many others like me.

Now, this is not to say that there are no more bots. This is to illustrate that your proof isn't really proof.
    If you've been playing since BC and can't recognize bot patterns you need to get yourself looked at. Typical bot behavior includes, Tank class (Druid, DK, DH) so they die less, once attacked next to a herb/mine node they dismount and proceed to kill the mob. Another sign is they use default mounts, Gryphons for Alliance, Wyvern for Horde or in DK's cases class mount.

Furthermore if you follow them for just 1 farm circle you'll see they take the exact same path, no exceptions. The whisper thing though I agree, many people have whisper chats in different tabs, or simply don't give a flying fuck about some random whisper.

Saw a trail of 4 druids run almost right on top of each others and it was not a multiboxer since none was following the first guy.

Something that people dont know is that suramar is phased. So of course you will not see everyone

Deleted
    I am not sure if bots are increasing their numbers, but fly hackers sure do, i have seen quite of those in the last 2 weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    i know, bot have always existed and they will exist for ever, but at the moment the number of it is way to ridiculous, if you dont believe me go in suramar and just do 1-2 circle of the map where you collect must of the starlight rose, and come chat here after^^, i mean i do know that blizz ban in like banwave style but now its the time....

p.s when actually i have not my rank 3 starlight rose and i farmed over 10k starlight rose its fun to see bot...
    Blizzard does ban by waves sadly, and they also sweep up Innocents along the way, but then that's all they can do anymore to keep bots away, they have to watch them, study their patterns of movement and so on and make sure they are bots and gather enough evidence to then ban them later on In a large ban wave.

Keep reporting them as you seem them and that's all you can do really, bots will always be present all you can do Is be active yourself, when you see one, report It - done.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

At least it's good to know another banwave has happened...

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...count-actions/

Maybe I can finally mine in peace in Suramar without nodes being bugged and druids teleporting around.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    At least it's good to know another banwave has happened...

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...count-actions/

Maybe I can finally mine in peace in Suramar without nodes being bugged and druids teleporting around.
    I wonder who they banned, according to several people in this thread there were no bots...

OP's usage of the English language leads me to believe they are a poorly designed bot spamming the forums.

i know, bot have always existed and they will exist for ever, but at the moment the number of it is way to ridiculous, if you dont believe me go in suramar and just do 1-2 circle of the map where you collect must of the starlight rose, and come chat here after^^, i mean i do know that blizz ban in like banwave style but now its the time....

p.s when actually i have not my rank 3 starlight rose and i farmed over 10k starlight rose its fun to see bot...
    Be thankful for the bots, an over supply is what depresses prices. Or are you just one of these greedy farmers who like to see the average Joe six-pack struggle to meet your exorbitant prices to be able to make flasks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro