Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    My gripe with it is concerning transmog sets.. So many new awesome looking sets that can't be completed due to missing pieces, like the druid Mythic set because the shoulders don't have a non-set mythic version

Kinda hard hoped they would fix this someway, kinda like the HoV sets for which you can get the normal appearance. Doesn't need to be a quest even, just some hidden objective like collecting X out of Y look-alike pieces. "Just" needs some information models for defining what gear pieces constitutes a set, which I don't think they have currently.
    The stupid part is they continue to do this, meanwhile they throw some ugly weird looking shoulders into the loot table,

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Cloth users: 3
    Plate users: 3
    Mail users: 2
    Leather users: 4

WHY wasn't DH made into mail, especially since 1 of the 2 speccs are tank, it make no sense. But then again, look at this:

Ranged DPS classes: Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Priest, Druid, Shaman
    Melee DPS classes: Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Druid, Demon Hunter

It's 6 ranged and 9 melee classes now.

What Blizzard though when they made TWO LEATHER MELEE classes in a row, Monk and DH, I will never know, I just find it so stupid.
    Im kinda surprised they didn't just drop Mnks into the Mail category when MoP launched. Now with transmogs and Legion is was pretty much to late. As for DH, they just seem to be a Leather class more then a mail class. Just based on Illidans past, he seem to come from a Leather wearer background.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    The stupid part is they continue to do this, meanwhile they throw some ugly weird looking shoulders into the loot table,

Im kinda surprised they didn't just drop Mnks into the Mail category when MoP launched. Now with transmogs and Legion is was pretty much to late. As for DH, they just seem to be a Leather class more then a mail class. Just based on Illidans past, he seem to come from a Leather wearer background.
    Wasn't Illidan a Mage/Warlock before becoming a demon hunter?

I actually like cuz:

1) more gear to swap
    2) more transmog options when new tiers are released

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Wasn't Illidan a Mage/Warlock before becoming a demon hunter?
    A sorcerer, but just watching some of his quest-line cutscenes his armor always appeared to be more on the leather side rather then cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    IMO we don't need more tank or melee types. Next class should use mail and have a ranged spec and two heal specs that focus on different healing styles/strengths, like one HOT or AOE focused and one single target or burst focused.

The game needs better and more fun healing styles.
    The game doesn't need more class IMHO, it kills balance exponentially. It needs more content for already classes every extension.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post

Yea, Monks would make the most sense for a class to upgrade from leather to mail. The main issue regarding looks is the shared armor between all classes of an armor type.... if u think of monks as ninjas then having rogue like armor kinda works. Similarly, shaman and hunters can wear stuff with wolf skulls and bones and it fits both classes. They could prob find a way to design mail armor that works for all 3 classes (including monk). Monk and Shaman share some other similarities too, like how windwalker and enhance both are wind themed, and resto and mistweaver are both water themed.... so elemental infused mail armor could possibly work for both classes.

Since I doubt they will add a new class anytime soon (when they do it almost has to be mail armor based), they may as well make monks use mail armor to help balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Only seems like an advantage now. More of your armor class in mythics/raids = more potential for swapping gear to get an upgrade.

I love doing runs with people of the same armor class, the more the better.
    Its far more detrimental to organized raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    I came in to this thread set on demanding that DHs should have worn mail, but you all have convinced me otherwise.

Now I see the better option. Down with mail!

Although that might actually make the situation worse.

If you had 3 armour classes then...

Light:
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest

Medium:
    Druid
    Demon hunter
    Monk
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Hunter

Heavy:
    Death knight
    Warrior
    Paladin

Then we have a 3:6:3 split.

I can't see any other class being able to be promoted to plate. Could possibly drag Druids to cloth. Maybe even monks and/or dhs.

Oh screw it, let's just simplify it by having all armour to work like jewellery. Chuck a bunch of secondary stats so anyone can use anything!
    I touched on this earlier in the thread.
    Light: Warlock, Mage, Priest, Demon Hunter
    Medium: Druid, Hunter, Monk, Rogue
    Heavy: Paladin, DK, Warrior, Shaman

The best way to think about this, is not in terms of cloth/leather/plate. But in how well armored each class is.

Light armor means lightly armored. Demon hunters wear next to no armor, and tend to have exposed chests/legs. There's nothing wrong with having their armor made of light hides/leather, they just don't wear a lot of it. You can also just have thin cloth dresses/shirts/pants - more in the vein of traditional "cloth" armor.

Medium armor works well with materials like thick hides, cured leather, light chain mail, studded vests, etc. It's predominately used by more agile/stealthy/martial classes. While yes, Demon Hunters could fit here, they tend to wear little or no armor, which doesn't really suit the medium armor category.

Heavy armor is focused strongly around plate, but can also include things like scales, bone, reinforced layered mail, etc. Shamans make sense as a heavy armor class because their casting, like paladins, are not around incantations or movements, but focus around extending the power of the elements (or the light in the case of paladins) into combat. Heavy armor allows them to stay protected while using the elements.

But, a lot of classes could simply wear multiple armor types. Why wouldn't a fury warrior show up in little armor and act like a drunken beserker? What stops a rogue from dropping stealth in favor of heavy armor to go more toe-to-toe (like outlaw/combat)? Since paladins can clearly wear plate, why haven't some priests picked that up? The list goes on.

Restricting classes to a single armor type feels like a very outdated concept.

I remember when they put specific class only stats on gear to keep people in the right armor type. Hunters and shamans need mail with a splash of intellect, so they couldn't get agi leather. Only plate had strength, and only cloth had int. To stop healers from stepping over armor boundaries, they put spirit on leather/cloth so priests & druids had to stick to those, and mp5 on mail/plate, and made spirit useless for shamans and paladins. This still meant lots of resto druids wore cloth and holy paladins wore mail however.

In cata, they said screw it and gave you a straight 5% bonus to primary stats for wearing the right armor - so much that you'd always be forced to wear the "correct" armor type.

Now, with xmog, you can't even wear lighter armor if you're a plate/mail user. Can only xmog into the same armor type!
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-01-28 at 12:04 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    DH should've been cloth. I don't see any armour on half of them.
    Monk or DH would have been fine wearing cloth imo. Neither fits well with mail.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Monk or DH would have been fine wearing cloth imo. Neither fits well with mail.
    IIRC, Blizz had said around MoP's launch that they had considered cloth for monks, but scrapped it as there was no agility cloth in game.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    Oh you mean like a tinker class using mail armor being able to tank and dps which would fit the class perfectly?

I do believe this or dragon aspect will be the next class in wow.
    Personally I would prefer something like Warden/Spellblade but I could see Dragon Aspect being really cool.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    I came in to this thread set on demanding that DHs should have worn mail, but you all have convinced me otherwise.

Now I see the better option. Down with mail!

Although that might actually make the situation worse.

If you had 3 armour classes then...

Light:
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest

Medium:
    Druid
    Demon hunter
    Monk
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Hunter

Heavy:
    Death knight
    Warrior
    Paladin

Then we have a 3:6:3 split.

I can't see any other class being able to be promoted to plate. Could possibly drag Druids to cloth. Maybe even monks and/or dhs.

Oh screw it, let's just simplify it by having all Armour to work like jewellery. Chuck a bunch of secondary stats so anyone can use anything!
    Would look better like this:

Light:
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest
    Demon hunter

Medium:
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Monk
    Hunter

Heavy:
    Death knight
    Warrior
    Paladin
    Druid(Would make more sense because they can not worry about the armor as much due to forms)

But this wouldn't work as well, the shit storm that would follow would be insane over Xmogs etc. It's up to Blizzard if they add another class to make them use Mail.