Deleted

How's rogues doing in PvP?

I hear a lot of people complaining, especially pre 7.1.5

I don't have a lot of time to play, I'm trying to gear up as assassination and get my traits up, but is it worth it or worth rerolling?
    I'm finding PvP a lot easier / more fun on my frost DK at the moment.

if you do rbg its doing middle of the pack. Could have been better if the shroud would not have been banned tough :/
    Personnally playing sub in rbg for the utility smoke/annoying-chewing-gum playstyle.

Deleted
    doing badly but nobody is saying shit about it, i never see rogues in bgs

well we just got an okay buff
    so were a bit better, but we're still not that great

Where is a good place to learn to start pvp'ing on a rogue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsupreme View Post
    Doesn't look like crap to me. They're ranked 4th best DPS spec. Of course they will be behind healing specs which are mandatory for 3s. 4th in DPS isn't "crap".
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I just want gouge back for sub

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Doesn't look like crap to me. They're ranked 4th best DPS spec. Of course they will be behind healing specs which are mandatory for 3s. 4th in DPS isn't "crap".
    Maybe because rogues representation have almost doubleld since when I posted that and today, just go to graphs and you can see that.

Tbh I don't think too much has changed for rogues. Rogue gameplay in BGs is simply mainly about being patient and striking at the proper target. And in arenas it is also not too different than before

I think we do decently against any other DPS spec, but bad (or often impossible to kill) against healers
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-01-27 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because rogues representation have almost doubleld since when I posted that and today, just go to graphs and you can see that.
    So long story short. Rogues are fine, stop QQing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    So long story short. Rogues are fine, stop QQing.
    I guess reading graphs is too hard for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess reading graphs is too hard for some people.
    Not as hard as turning mole hills into mountains, apparently.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Tbh I don't think too much has changed for rogues. Rogue gameplay in BGs is simply mainly about being patient and striking at the proper target. And in arenas it is also not too different than before

I think we do decently against any other DPS spec, but bad (or often impossible to kill) against healers
    There are so many other classes that blow me up in seconds, I don't see how we can be considered good against them. Havoc, Ret, Arms all murder me within literally 5 seconds - often during the duration of a stun effect I will go from 100-0. Where as I can do maybe 20% of their life in that same time period. A few Saber Slashes and a Run-Through, or a few Ambushes and a Eviscerate just tickles people. How are rogues supposed to beat even other DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    There are so many other classes that blow me up in seconds, I don't see how we can be considered good against them. Havoc, Ret, Arms all murder me within literally 5 seconds - often during the duration of a stun effect I will go from 100-0. Where as I can do maybe 20% of their life in that same time period. A few Saber Slashes and a Run-Through, or a few Ambushes and a Eviscerate just tickles people. How are rogues supposed to beat even other DPS?
    AFAIK they all just have 1 each stun with big cds, which means that if you can save yourself from that (either pop medallion, run away for a moment to regen; or pop a defensive before) they have a rather bad time against you afterwards.

The thing with rogues is simply, that IMHO they are a fairly hard class to play. It actually does require quite a lot of building up, proper timing and picking your target first. But also we have great utility.
    Rets and DHs are ofc very strong, but mainly because they are so easy to play.

Since the start of legion battlegrounds are full of braindead melees, half the teams are demon hunters, arena is dead this expansion seems like everyone quit when feral was OP and now DH is even more OP. What a joke.

doen't really help that the new sparkly class got a stealth-detect spell baseline-.-

as someone who plays both DH and rogue, one of the funniest things for me on my DH is hunting stealthed rogues just because i know exactly how annoying that is