Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hopefully this makes the doom-saying paranoia go down a notch or two; Apparently turns out he can't really do whatever he wants. Who would have known!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Hopefully this makes the doom-saying paranoia go down a notch or two; Apparently turns out he can't really do whatever he wants. Who would have known!
    Everyone other than Trump supporters? The problem is what happens while he tries and what tools he will have when he tries. How is that cabinet looking? A dozen executive orders in 7 days? That's a pace to result in Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama combined... and we still have his nominee to Supreme court to go... good times...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Everyone other than Trump supporters? The problem is what happens while he tries and what tools he will have when he tries. How is that cabinet looking? A dozen executive orders in 7 days? That's a pace to result in Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama combined... and we still have his nominee to Supreme court to go... good times...
    Everyone knew it? Uh huh. The mass hysteria in most of the Trump threads here sings in a different tone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again and just to put everyone up to date:

This is not a temporary stop on the ban. This is to allow migrants with legal US visa to still enter the US, which Trump's decreet didn't allow.

So, again, the title is misleading. The court order says that already legal migrants can still move in. People from the blocked country who do not have a visa and apply, for instance, will be refused.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    All that would mean is too many brainwashed Jihadi's have gotten into the US and had kids here. Limiting ME migration would reduce the amount of US born radical Muslims.
    I love it how you instantly assume that the person I mentioned is a kid of the ME immigrant descendants. Nope, he is actually a white guy who read too much dank Internet and came to the ideas of violent Jihad.

So, ban Americans from America! Or, even better, build a wall between America and America! Come on, Trump, we count on you!

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that he even tries is mind-boggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The people from the 'banned' countries don't tend to commit terrorist acts anyhow. For some reason the "Jihadi" countries are still allowed entry into the USA.
    I know like with Saudi Arabia. It's a shame. Oil is only temporarily our feul of choice.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone actually read the article OP linked to? It clearly stated that this affects those who already have legal authority to be in the US. It doesn't however mean the ban has been denied. It just means we cant deport those currently here legally or those in legal transit(aka 2-3 days).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Did anyone actually read the article OP linked to? It clearly stated that this affects those who already have legal authority to be in the US. It doesn't however mean the ban has been denied. It just means we cant deport those currently here legally or those in legal transit(aka 2-3 days).
    We read it. We even understood it. Trump was trying to deport legal residents of the US without a trial or any evidence of wrongdoing. That's sickening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one of many challenges I would imagine. People aren't just going to sit by as he throws EO after EO proclaiming nonsense.

Even the ads are on board

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Just one of many challenges I would imagine. People aren't just going to sit by as he throws EO after EO proclaiming nonsense.

Even the ads are on board

It will be pretty funny and ironic, if his EOs and rhetoric eventually makes the US open its doors for refugees more than before. Perhaps the optimists were right, and Trump is the bitter pill that the nation needs right now, to remember what all these Western values were about and get back on the right track?
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Its amazing that in the last 8 years we have seen the extra judicial killings of thousands of civilians, and there was never a protest like this over a few people being detained and denied access. How many people did Obama just outright murder without evidence who were no different from the handful of people who were denied entry to the US so far because of this executive order?

Of course, there is no way to reason logically with the type of people who mindlessly oppose Trump and chant slogans like 'no country no border', these are people purely driven by emotion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It will be pretty funny and ironic, if his EOs and rhetoric eventually makes the US open its doors for refugees more than before. Perhaps the optimists were right, and Trump is the bitter pill that the nation needs right now, to remember what all these Western values were about and get back on the right track?
    Yeah, we need Trump to turn the left into pro-intervention/world policing, we gotta help these immigrants so lets go set more of the planet on fire. We better arm some more terrorists and start some more civil wars because we really need to help these people out.

You do realize that the only point of all this refugee nonsense is to push for intervention and more wars right?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Its amazing that in the last 8 years we have seen the extra judicial killings of thousands of civilians, and there was never a protest like this over a few people being detained and denied access. How many people did Obama just outright murder without evidence who were no different from the handful of people who were denied entry to the US so far because of this executive order?

Of course, there is no way to reason logically with the type of people who mindlessly oppose Trump and chant slogans like 'no country no border', these are people purely driven by emotion.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, we need Trump to turn the left into pro-intervention/world policing, we gotta help these immigrants so lets go set more of the planet on fire. We better arm some more terrorists and start some more civil wars because we really need to help these people out.

You do realize that the only point of all this refugee nonsense is to push for intervention and more wars right?
    This is some dank Internet stuff... I think that's enough Internet for today for me!

- - - Updated - - -

Too much sense mate. Too many turbo cucks in here to understand simple logic though

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-29 at 05:09 PM.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

You are delusional if you think Trump will be stopped by by some judges. The US president's powers were based on Europe's kings of old, and remained virtually unchanged since US creation. There is nearly nothing they can do to overturn his decisions if he remains motivated enough to enforce them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by InventiveMeasures View Post
    "The federal court for the Eastern District of New York has issued an emergency stay halting President Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S, The Verge reported Saturday night.

The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of two Iraqi men who were detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Friday after Trump's ban.

Since then both men, Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshaw, have reportedly been granted entry to the U.S.

Dale Ho, director of the ACLU's Voting Rights Project, tweeted:

'We won' ; 'Stay is national'

Trump's order handed down Friday bars Syrian refugees indefinitely and halts the resettlement of all refugees for four months for the administration to review the vetting process.

Admission will resume only after vetting has been deemed "adequate" by the secretary of State, the secretary of Homeland Security and Director of National Intelligence.

The order also denies entry for 90 days for individuals from seven predominantly Muslims countries: Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Libya and Yemen."

Source: The Hill

I fully expect Donald Trump to go on Twitter to talk about the judge by Monday.
    the court didn't overrule the ban they fixed the wording to allow Green Card Citizens legal entry which probably would have happened anyways in the next day.. If trump is guilty of anything its wording the law badly... No new Visa's will be issued for 90 days to people from these 7 countries the judge did not overrule that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump signed 14. in his first 7 days

Obama signed 12 in his first 7 days

and if you actually look into what he passed 6-7 were the usual (dem/rep back and forth that every president does).

One was the Keystone XL pipeline which Obama had veto'ed after passing the house/senate.

"which passed the House by a vote of 270 to 152. Twenty-nine Democrats voted with Republicans in favor of the measure.

While it drew bipartisan support, it is not expected to draw the two-thirds majority necessary to override a veto."

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/u...bill.html?_r=0

One was a order helping to restore increased Border Patrol which was scaled back under Obama.. Hiring 15,000 new officers for patrol/Enforcement of deportations which the democrats kept claiming were not happening due to lack of manpower.....

The one today might be the only "radical" executive order..
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-01-29 at 10:35 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't seriously think that nobody on the left was pissed about Guantanomo, right?

Deleted
    No one seemed to care about presidential over reach when Obama did it.....

No one seemed to care when Obama droned innocent families to get at the terrorists...

No one seemed to care when Obama put a travel Ban on Iraq in 2011...

And its funny because the Obama admin already had very strict/tight control over travel from those very same area's, Trump just took it one step further.

I am going to be spoiled for political schadenfreude in the next four years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InventiveMeasures View Post
    I fully expect Donald Trump to go on Twitter to talk about the judge by Monday.
    "Ann Donnelly is a dishonest activist judge. She's very overrated, only a four out of ten. Terrible judge. Sad."

-Donald Trump, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    No one seemed to care about presidential over reach when Obama did it.....

No one seemed to care when Obama droned innocent families to get at the terrorists...

No one seemed to care when Obama put a travel Ban on Iraq in 2011...

And its funny because the Obama admin already had very strict/tight control over travel from those very same area's, Trump just took it one step further.
    Assuming that "when Obama did it" is even equivalent, you can't just go around saying "B-b-b-b-but Obama!!!!!"

Just because Obama did it, suddenly it's justified? This isn't playground recess anymore, you can't go around saying "but Billy did it too!"
    Putin khuliyo