Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Tank Shaman using earth spells. Unlikely due to the number of tanks already available.
    Ranged DPS Paladin using holy spells to deal damage and protect allies from afar. More likely, think of a spellbreaker. Holy curses, auras and all that good stuff.
    Ranged DPS Monk. Red Crane centered magic. Using the chi system to set up combo finishers. Makes a lot of sense imo.

What is definitely true is that the game lacks ranged dps options... Mage, Warlock, Druid, Hunter, Shaman and Priest- 6 classes 11 specs. Compared to melee with Warrior, DK, Paladin, Monk, Rogue, Druid, DH, Shaman and Hunter- 9 classes 13 specs. (unless I missed some)
    However many of the ranged specs feels very similar, which was one of the main reasons for the Hunter specs being reworked (butchered) for Legion. Warlock specs are different enough, I think but the Mage ones are very similar in my opinion apart from their "core" mechanics. Honestly wouldn't be against adding another DoT spec now that there's only SP and Affliction Warlock that offers it, well and Feral Druid.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Necrotic DK spec, plate healer

This would be very cool, actually brought this idea up to a friend a few weeks ago.

Kind of like an anti-paladin, an unholy healer would be dope, and this game needs more healer anyway.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

I'm surprised no one said Necromancer for a 4th DK spec.

As for some of the ideas here ,I liked :

-4th shaman tank spec ( with each spec based on 4 elements, it just feels right ).
    -4th mage spec time based healing ( chronomancer), although I'm not sure how to make this work without it being a tad too close to disc, although I would prefer a 4th spec being based on battlemage style melee/ranged hybrid, imagine summoning arcane swords and empowering melee attacks with fire/frost etc.
    -4th monk spec ranged dps with wind/chi based attacks.

I don't really see any other 4th spec for any class tbh, most of the ideas regarding the other specs seem a bit too similar to other class specs' or too similar to current main specs ( like that aoe dot lock spec someone mentioned above).

What I would add if it were up to me is a brand new class , Tinker.

It would be an engineering style class, imagine building turrets , shooting from grenade launchers/launching missiles/ throwing bombs summoning a mech-suit ( similar to the gnome king), it would have a tank spec based on mech- suit, a bomb-a-deer explosive expert style spec and a gadgets spec based on turrets and contraptions and maybe a 4th spec called medic, with healing style based on med kits and tiny robots that run to players to heal them, maybe a bouncing medical concoction grenade launcher.
    And of course it would be race locked to only gnomes and goblins.
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-01-29 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin:
    Templar, High Spell Damage Protection Specc aka. Gladiator for Warriors (which they also deserve).

or

Zealot, Ranged Spell Damage Holy Specc.

Warrior:
    Gladiator specc, had it before, lost it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranged DPS spec for paladins, plx!
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Rogue - Warden - Tank spec - because rogues have fallen somewhat in terms of utility, there are multiple classes that do what they do, only better, so it's time rogues brought something other than DPS to the table. So, why not a tank spec taking back to the dodge and evasion rogue that was quite used a bit before WotLK? Plus, it would give the rogues a bit more of class fantasy with wardens of all races.

Demon Hunter - Ranged spec - Let's be honest, the game does need more ranged specs. And demon hunters could use another spec, so why not a ranged spec? "Because they're blind" - that's not entirely true, they see the world actually better than some of our regular characters do. Sure, they might not see colours as we do, but they're certainly not blind in the proper sense of the word. They could either use ranged weapons imbuing their projectiles with their fel magic or simple use ranged spells of sorts (though I'd favour the ranged weapons since ranged spells are kind of warlocks). They could also work somewhat akin to Illidan at the Black Temple in his flight form, throwing projectiles and fel fire on the floor but also throwing their glaives around in arcwide spins while summoning lesser minions that they do not control.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Mage: Blood
    Role: Mid-Range Healing
    Resource: Mana and Blood (Blood is accumulated by either dealing damage, by taking damage, or by having minions or allies taking damage within a medium range of yourself)
    Theme: Deal moderate damage in order heal yourself and allies, storing damage taken by enemies that you've damaged as well as damage that you and your nearby allies have taken in order to heal.

Warlock: Harbinger
    Role: Far-Range Tank
    Resource: Control (Control is established by mitigating the demon's willpower by forcing them into combat and using specific attacks assigning to Control)
    Theme: Summon and control a single, large, powerful (and notable) demon for the purpose of tanking for a group/raid. This demon has an astounding Health Pool, and wouldn't need to be healed except in rare instances. However, Controlling the demon is incredibly taxing to the Warlock, often impairing them or even damaging them depending on the case. If control is lost or the warlock dies, the demon is unleashed... Depending on the location, fight, and damage that it has sustained, it will either immediately unsummon, or attack the Warlock and his/her allies for a short duration until Control reestablished or being Summoned again.

Rogue: Dancer
    Role: Melee Tank
    Resource: Energy
    Theme: Using evasion styled abilities to reduce the chances of being hit by either physical attacks or magic attacks as well as advanced cheat death styled mechanics, they would be a more "spiky" styled tank that takes high damage, but takes damage very rarely due to mitigating miss chances of enemy attacks and spells.

Shaman: Earthwarder
    Role: Short-Range Tank
    Resource: Mana
    Theme: Modifying the actual environment, they could create raises and walls to place for either themselves or allies to avoid enemies and draw threat. Aside from traditional shamanist abilities and spell, they would also become a sort or "move on the go" tank, creating personalized environments in combat to suit themselves and the group. For example, utilizing Line of Sight by creating breakable walls or creating breakable temporary raises giving them or their allies evasion from ground based area-of-effect abilities.

Priest: Oracle
    Resource: Mana and Concentration (Concentration being the ability to continue the assumed holy visage, gained by using no active abilities or channeling Concentrate (an ability that lowers your own defenses and make you able to move in order to restore Concentration). Losing all Concentration forces you to channel the entire duration of Concentrate.)
    Theme: The priest takes on a holy visage of their deity (different appearance by race / belief system / glyph ) becoming a towering creature of light that protects their allies and assails their foes. This visage would have abilities suiting of the deity or divine creature utilized.

Death Knight: Specter (Spectral)
    Role: Melee Healing
    Resource: (Spirit) Runes and Runic Power (Runes only recharge by discovering Spirits and consuming Spirit Essence from the living)
    Theme: You become a spirit, capable of seeing into the realm between life and death moreso than ever before. As such, you discover the spirits and souls of those all around, scattered throughout space and time through your adventures, having them aid you in healing yourself and your allies, fastening their spirits to their bodies and keeping them alive. Spirits and spirit essence activate your runes, and can be found all around as well as from damaged enemies or allies. This makes the healing process more of a move-find function, reaching spirits that only they can see (and will speak or interact with them before recovering runes for the Death Knight), as well as moving to and from allies and enemies to collect spirit essence from damage that they have taken (even if they are healed, the essence will remain for a time). Spectral Death Knight, due to the specialization, have several movement enhancing abilities compared to their other specializations, but are still considered melee.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2017-01-29 at 03:06 PM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Stance dance... hunter...

A million warrior souls just cried out in agony, and then were silenced forever.

What is this, 2008?

I guess it's still true what they say about huntards...
    Well if you look here http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Aspects you will see that once upon a time hunters had many and varied aspects..

Here is what hunters used to have..
    Aspect of the Hawk: This aspect increases the hunter's ranged attack power, helping the hunter deal a higher amount of sustained DPS.
    Aspect of the Monkey: The hunter takes on the characteristics of a monkey, increasing chance to dodge by 18%. (Removed in 4.0.3)
    Aspect of the Viper: The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, causing ranged attacks to regenerate mana but reducing the hunter's total damage done by 50%. In addition the hunter gains 4% maximum mana every 3 sec. Mana gained is based on the speed of the ranged weapon used. (Removed in 4.0.3)
    Aspect of the Wild: The hunter and his/her group take on the characteristics of the wilderness, gaining +X resistance to Nature damage. (Removed in 5.0.4)

So yes we had a stance dance or in this regard an aspect dance..

Ranged warrior, something in a spirit of axethrower.

Tanking shaman - earthwarden or something.

Discipline priest rework for tanking spec.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2017-01-29 at 03:10 PM.

Soldier with real guns and grenades etc... Cooldowns could be a sniper taking your commands on enemies or artillery or something......... hey you said different ????? Although this is more a different class that has nothing to do with Warcraft universe lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Mage: Blood
    Role: Mid-Range Healing
    Resource: Mana and Blood (Blood is accumulated by either dealing damage, by taking damage, or by having minions or allies taking damage within a medium range of yourself)
    Theme: Deal moderate damage in order heal yourself and allies, storing damage taken by enemies that you've damaged as well as damage that you and your nearby allies have taken in order to heal.

Warlock: Harbinger
    Role: Far-Range Tank
    Resource: Control (Control is established by mitigating the demon's willpower by forcing them into combat and using specific attacks assigning to Control)
    Theme: Summon and control a single, large, powerful (and notable) demon for the purpose of tanking for a group/raid. This demon has an astounding Health Pool, and wouldn't need to be healed except in rare instances. However, Controlling the demon is incredibly taxing to the Warlock, often impairing them or even damaging them depending on the case. If control is lost or the warlock dies, the demon is unleashed... Depending on the location, fight, and damage that it has sustained, it will either immediately unsummon, or attack the Warlock and his/her allies for a short duration until Control reestablished or being Summoned again.

Rogue: Dancer
    Resource: Energy
    Theme: Using evasion styled abilities to reduce the chances of being hit by either physical attacks or magic attacks as well as advanced cheat death styled mechanics, they would be a more "spiky" styled tank that takes high damage, but takes damage very rarely due to mitigating miss chances of enemy attacks and spells.

Shaman: Earthwarder
    Role: Short-Range Tank
    Resource: Mana
    Theme: Modifying the actual environment, they could create raises and walls to place for either themselves or allies to avoid enemies and draw threat. Aside from traditional shamanist abilities and spell, they would also become a sort or "move on the go" tank, creating personalized environments in combat to suit themselves and the group. For example, utilizing Line of Sight by creating breakable walls or creating breakable temporary raises giving them or their allies evasion from ground based area-of-effect abilities.

Priest: Oracle
    Resource: Mana and Concentration (Concentration being the ability to continue the assumed holy visage, gained by using no active abilities or channeling Concentrate (an ability that lowers your own defenses and make you able to move in order to restore Concentration). Losing all Concentration forces you to channel the entire duration of Concentrate.)
    Theme: The priest takes on a holy visage of their deity (different appearance by race / belief system / glyph ) becoming a towering creature of light that protects their allies and assails their foes. This visage would have abilities suiting of the deity or divine creature utilized.

Death Knight: Specter (Spectral)
    Role: Melee Healing
    Resource: (Spirit) Runes and Runic Power (Runes only recharge by discovering Spirits and consuming Spirit Essence from the living)
    Theme: You become a spirit, capable of seeing into the realm between life and death moreso than ever before. As such, you discover the spirits and souls of those all around, scattered throughout space and time through your adventures, having them aid you in healing yourself and your allies, fastening their spirits to their bodies and keeping them alive. Spirits and spirit essence activate your runes, and can be found all around as well as from damaged enemies or allies. This makes the healing process more of a move-find function, reaching spirits that only they can see (and will speak or interact with them before recovering runes for the Death Knight), as well as moving to and from allies and enemies to collect spirit essence from damage that they have taken (even if they are healed, the essence will remain for a time). Spectral Death Knight, due to the specialization, have several movement enhancing abilities compared to their other specializations, but are still considered melee.
    All this would do is destroy the uniqueness of all classes what uniqueness there is left that is.. In the end you might as well get rid of all the other classes and have just one that can do all those roles..

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    All this would do is destroy the uniqueness of all classes what uniqueness there is left that is.. In the end you might as well get rid of all the other classes and have just one that can do all those roles..
    How does adding more uniqueness, as well as adding entirely new playstyles count as homogenization? These aren't copies of existing specs, but new ones, with new playstyles, and new mechanics.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I wouldn't add an extra spec, I'd kill Legion Survival and roll the spec back to the SoO iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I wouldn't add an extra spec, I'd kill Legion Survival and roll the spec back to the SoO iteration.
    Survival goes back to ranged but still uses spears, becoming a throwing spear class complete with new animations.

Likewise warrior gets a throw based spec that also uses spears to help warrent the new animations.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    I agree. The concept works so much better in a game like Rift, where they only have a few actual classes, but a ton of different specs (souls in that game, equivialent to Talent trees for those that don't know), so you can essentially be anything, regardless of class. But in a game like WoW, where there are so many classes, there has to be some differences between them to make it work and there is right now, with pure DPS and hybrids. If everyone becomes a hybrid, it's kinda pointless to have class-focus.

But with that said, I do like my Rift Warrior that works like a ranged version of an Unholy DK. And my Rift Rogue that can go from Marksman Hunter to Combat Rogue in seconds, or go semi-healing/support-role with Bard and Tank stuff with Riftstalker. You can mix your souls any way you like within a class, but of course some combinations work better than others. I love it there, but I don't see it working in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you look here http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Aspects you will see that once upon a time hunters had many and varied aspects..

Here is what hunters used to have..
    Aspect of the Hawk: This aspect increases the hunter's ranged attack power, helping the hunter deal a higher amount of sustained DPS.
    Aspect of the Monkey: The hunter takes on the characteristics of a monkey, increasing chance to dodge by 18%. (Removed in 4.0.3)
    Aspect of the Viper: The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, causing ranged attacks to regenerate mana but reducing the hunter's total damage done by 50%. In addition the hunter gains 4% maximum mana every 3 sec. Mana gained is based on the speed of the ranged weapon used. (Removed in 4.0.3)
    Aspect of the Wild: The hunter and his/her group take on the characteristics of the wilderness, gaining +X resistance to Nature damage. (Removed in 5.0.4)

So yes we had a stance dance or in this regard an aspect dance..
    Really?! :O Tell me more about the hard life hunters used to have! Warrior rolling on their weapons, casters on their gear, and never appreciated for playing such a difficult class! What woeful times those must have been!

Druids............just to mess with them.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Back in the day hunters needed to carry ammo and could dual weild as well as carry a bow or gun.
    Because hunters had to deal with mana go figure.. lol I remember the many times I had to do the stance dance to regain mana, it was bloody annoying..

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are only really two I could see being added that would make sense to me and even then only one that would not affect another.

Earthwarder - Shaman (Tank)
    A defender of the lands through and through, using barriers of earth to protect themselves and those around them.
    Earth Shield is active mitigation, Rockbiter is primary attack. Uses Mace/Shield. Little self healing but great defensive's for themselves and their party.

The next two are more controversial. I would like to see Unholy DK split into two specialisations. It's focus has always been Pets and Diseases, but why not have a spec for each, one a master summoner and another a master of dot in melee?

Plaguebearer - Death Knight (DPS)
    A master of disease and decay who rots enemies and whose very presence inspires fear.
    Unholy DK without pets, low damage from strikes but high focus on managing diseases. Essentially melee Warlock. 2H Sword

Necromancer - Death Knight (DPS)
    A master of raising the dead to do their bidding.
    Unholy DK focuses entirely on pets. Permanent Ghoul, summons Abominations, Gargoyles, Skeletons etc. 2H Sword.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Really?! :O Tell me more about the hard life hunters used to have! Warrior rolling on their weapons, casters on their gear, and never appreciated for playing such a difficult class! What woeful times those must have been!
    Well since you seem hell bent on acting like a complete douche, rather than have a proper conversation there is no point continuing..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sgthotrod View Post
    Back in the day hunters needed to carry ammo and could dual weild as well as carry a bow or gun.
    I remember those days was a pain if you ran out of ammo mid fight.. lol
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-01-29 at 03:56 PM.