Poll: Well?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "he" Lich King.

Usso taunta....

Lich King because of the Ensidia exploit and ban. That was the first time something as big as that happened.

what do you mean ¨made an impact¨ ?

I don't know but it did not affect anything, I did not notice anything special after a boss was killed

Deleted
    Can't really comment since i started in Cata and only got interested after i watched Method down Garrosh. But i'd say this World First race has really impacted the community alot, since there's now talks of sabotage and the heated rivalry between Serenity and Method. But it's also kinda funny that the real race is between Serenity and Method which is essentially Method vs Method 2.0.

Ragnaros was the first boss to offer cutting edge raiders additional "content" in the form of an extra boss phase (something which was done again - to much greater effect - with Mythic Garrosh).

The Firelord popping out of his socket and walking around with tiny molten legs might have been one of the goofiest phase transitions in the history of WoW, but it remains memorable to anyone who engaged in serious raiding back then.

I don't think any of those had any "impact" on "the community".

arthas is super overrated tbh
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Lich king. Since he was so hard at the time, a lot of people must have looked for kill videos on his 25HC version. Raiders and non-raiders alike would want to see what the fight looked on its hardest difficulty. A lot of people I think were drawn into the WF community for the first time.
    Can agree with this easily.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    what do you mean ¨made an impact¨ ?

I don't know but it did not affect anything, I did not notice anything special after a boss was killed
    Impact as in made you raise your eyebrows.

Deleted
    going to say kil'jaeden. nihilum downed everything world first and then SK came along.

lich king 2nd just because it was insanely hard and paragon downed it multiple IDs before anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    Impact as in made you raise your eyebrows.
    If that's your definition, then I can only say "none of them". As I mentioned above, unless I happened to be online for a Realm first and saw all the spam it would cause, none of the kills have meant anything to me. I didn't know when they happened or who were involved and it never affected me or my gaming in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any world first bosskil had any effect on the general community at all.
    Sure, there are peeps that follow the race and are interested in the outcome, but 95%+ of the community doesn't give a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bulk of the impact world first raiding has on the community comes from things top guilds do to achieve kills not the kills themselves.

When these guilds class stack, a portion of the community will start believing that this is the only viable class. It also sometimes causes a reaction from Blizzard which impacts the community.

When they exploit, it discourages people from an encounter. Seeing that the top guilds have to cheat to win doesn't leave much hope for the average players success. It also causes the community to think less of them which impacts their streams.

When they re-roll for BIS legendaries, they force Blizzard to tune for them and impact the community inadvertently.

When they get their followers to DDoS rival guilds. This has an impact in that it causes people to generally dislike them and their fans if nothing else.

When they get banned for using rotation helpers. This had an big impact.

When they create mods to automate mechanical coordination. Blizzard's response had an impact.

I'm sure there are plenty more examples of world first type guilds having an impact on the community intentionally or not. This scene has a huge impact on the community by way of having Blizzard's attention if nothing else. The problem here is that we've never seen any sort of positive impact on the community stemming from this. I guess if there is one it would be here in a thread like this. Quickly someone regale us with a tale of how you were inspired to greatness after refreshing wowprogress.

the correct answer is Kael'thas. in the game from the day BC was released and wasn't killed until 4 months later... AFTER the next content patch opening up black temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The thing is, while Ragnaros was certainly a memorable fight, his world first kill didn't have much of an impact. For one, cutting edge raiders had already seen exclusive content through Algalon in Ulduar - A single extra phase of a fight wasn't as much as an entire extra boss. And debatably, the 'extra phase' was really just new mechanics you didn't see until the end of the fight, which is done in every heroic mode since heroic mode became a thing.

People remember his fight because you sat for HOURS farming the first three phases on normal, only to walk in on Heroic and get crushed by Phase 4 as soon as it starts because none of the phase 4 mechanics appeared before. People remember Rag because it was frustrating, not necessarily good, and I'd argue definitely not because of his world first kill.
    This is true - Heroic Ragnaros was frustrating because the fourth phase caught a lot of people offguard.

Still, I would argue that there remains two key differences between Algalon and Ragnaros. For one, Algalon was available to Normal difficulty raiders, so he can't really be considered cutting edge. For two, Ragnaros's "hidden phase" provided a sort of epilogue to the encounter, since he is actually killed for good instead of burrowing back into his domain (like he does on Normal).

Algalon and Ulduar Hard Modes did make for additional content, yes, but not to the same extent/quality as what we first saw with Heroic Ragnaros. That was when cutting edge raiders finally got to see something that no one else could see, and from there on that 'perk' became an expectation.

Deleted
    Well, time to go watch Paragon's LK video again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Rag was the first one I ever followed any, so it has a special place in my heart.

Impact on the community? None

World first race is mildly interesting that week, and then it is forgotten about.

Like, you didnt even list Imperator Margok. That was by far the most interesting race in a long time, since paragon took the time to gear up an enhance shammy just for that fight, and beat out the guilds that had been beating them for quite awile.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Yogg +0, since it showcased that dumbasses stared themselves blind on numbers instead of accounting for actual game mechanics (Kiting says hi.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Impact on the community? None

World first race is mildly interesting that week, and then it is forgotten about.

Like, you didnt even list Imperator Margok. That was by far the most interesting race in a long time, since paragon took the time to gear up an enhance shammy just for that fight, and beat out the guilds that had been beating them for quite awile.
    >Claims WF races are forgotten about after 1 week
    >references WF race dating > 1 week back

lol'd

I'm just going to pop in to say that your poll sucks, it doesn't have Yogg +0 but you do have Garrosh Hellscream 'Mythic'. Mythic was not introduced until a year after Garrosh Hellscream was first killed on Heroic.