Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Botting is allowed now?

I reported over 1000 individual bots in the last month directly over GM ticket. I get "thanks for report" reply after, but they don't do anything about it.
    Every server is full of bots, both factions. Why aren't they banning them?

Examples. Those bots were reported two weeks ago and they are still botting every day:
    [MOD SNIP]
    "4,993 Xin the Weaponmaster kills (Mogu'shan Palace)".

[MOD SNIP]
    "5,814 Taran Zhu redemptions (Shado-Pan Monastery)"

Just look at this guild. Full of bots: [MOD SNIP]

So I guess botting is now passively allowed?

MOD EDIT: Don't name and shame. Report these things to Blizzard.

Edit: Ban wave just happened. Thanks Blizzard. Too bad it's not perma ban, but just 6 months.
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2017-02-01 at 06:12 PM.

Yes, botting is allowed just because you're not getting the response your looking for.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Does it matter? How does someone doing 5000 Mogushan runs affect your gameplay?

Perhaps you have not read any of what has been said previously.
    Banning a bot only draws attention to its activity being noticed.
    Doing that each and every time there is a minor change to a bot isn't realistic.

Instead blizzard collect information over a longer period and then hit a lot of users at once.
    Hence the previous accounts of ban waves, which you either made no effort to read up on or conveniently ignored.

I agree it isn't a fun experience to see exploitation day after day, but that is how blizzard approach it.
    You not seeing it done the way you want to see it does not mean it isn't being done, even if you disagree with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Perhaps you have not read any of what has been said previously.
    Banning a bot only draws attention to its activity being noticed.
    Doing that each and every time there is a minor change to a bot isn't realistic.

Instead blizzard collect information over a longer period and then hit a lot of users at once.
    Hence the previous accounts of ban waves, which you either made no effort to read up on or conveniently ignored.

I agree it isn't a fun experience to see exploitation day after day, but that is how blizzard approach it.
    You not seeing it done the way you want to see it does not mean it isn't being done, even if you disagree with it.
    This too. Wave hits em all at once and honestly I do chuckle when I see people coming on and crying they got banned but they weren't doing anything.

Deleted
    My brother has been banned for botting so I'm guessing negatory to that.

i swear i have seen a thread like this in 2004

but about hunters in winterspring

Not allowed to "name and shame" so you have to edit out those armories.

Blizzard doesn't usually ban single or small groups of botters, instead they add them to an internal watch list, gathering info on the bot's behaviors and patterns so they can do a larger scale ban wave of them all at once, banning them a few at a time just gives bot makers more a chance to adapt their programs to Blizz's discovery algorithms and to do it more quickly then they already do. They also use their info gathering for the court cases against bot makers, so they do have to take some time to build reliable records of the "harm" they do.

Most of us would like Blizz to move faster, but they feel it is better to go cautiously as to catch as few real players in the ban waves as possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    SNIP
    1. these people you claim as bots are not allways bots...
    2. they ban bots in waves ,to give as much time as possible to prove if they are or arnt, and also to make stuff abit more simple
    3. omfg two bots you reported that wernt banned, proof blizz allows bots, like how 2 murders have never been caught, the goverment must want to allow all murderers to murder without punishment!

qalso incoming MMO champ ban
    your not allowed to name and shame, as if those two arnt bots, you are labeling them as bots, and turning people against them
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-01-31 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Anyone stating they reported 1,000 individual bots in one month is lying and over-dramatizing a situation to get across a point they feel would otherwise not have enough weight to carry it. Now, obviously bots ARE a thing, and obviously the few small sample you linked is there, but why lie? How does that make anyone want to listen to you? Because I guarantee you are not spending every waking hour of your day filling out report forms.

As others said, Blizzard does mass ban waves for this kind of thing every few months. If they banned each and every person who botted every single day, it's all they would be doing 24/7. Not to mention as someone already pointed it, continuously banning people doing one thing only draws attention to it. A larger, more vague ban for ALL botters in all situations gets rid of the same amount of bots and doesn't draw attention to exactly what they were botting for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Does it matter? How does someone doing 5000 Mogushan runs affect your gameplay?
    It's something inside me that makes me feel like it matters to me. You know, like if I see people torturing dogs and cats, even if they aren't mine, it bothers me that they do that. Not that it would affect my life if I would just let it go, but I kinda want to do something about it. Same with bots.

Based on replies so far I might start botting myself. It's fine I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yes, botting is allowed just because you're not getting the response your looking for.
    For the record I have had a similar experience. Whether the bot is kick bot, or cheats that will allow you outside the arena grounds and therefore out of sight. Regardless of how many times you report for however man offenses when you get to high enough level, you start to see some of the same people. If weeks go by and you see the same person cheating and still playing... its pretty safe to assume that nothing is being done about it.

We have seen from blizzard that rather than take specific and individual action, when/IF bans come at all, they in the form of ban waves and the said player is either caught up... or not.

I don't think its unreasonable to hope for/expect an immediate or timely response. After all if someone is abusing loot system... they come down hard and fast. But if you're cheating in PvP we'll let you influence the ladders all season and then take care of you at the end. Its inconsistent.

It's something inside me that matters to me. You know, like if I see people torturing dogs and cats, even if they aren't mine, it bothers me that they do that. Not that it would affect my life if I would just let it go, but I kinda want to do something about it. Same with bots.

The real psychological issue here isn't botting. It's that you just compared people abusing animals in real life to people using a machine to run Mogu'shun Vaults for them over and over again.

It's something inside me that makes me feel like it matters to me. You know, like if I see people torturing dogs and cats, even if they aren't mine, it bothers me that they do that. Not that it would affect my life if I would just let it go, but I kinda want to do something about it. Same with bots.

So you are comparing torture to botting? Sorry if I find it hard to take you seriously from now.

I'll ask you again. Do those 5000 Xin kills have any impact on how you play the game, gear up or any aspect? Feel free to report it but if you expect them to suddenly be able to ban every single bot in one fell swoop then I have bad news for you. It's not possible. Every MMO has it. FF14, GW2, Wildstar, Rift, ESO, Everquest 2, AION and the list goes on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadmoon View Post
    Not allowed to "name and shame" so you have to edit out those armories.
    I won't edit it. Those aren't people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you are comparing torture to botting? Sorry if I find it hard to take you seriously from now.

I'll ask you again. Do those 5000 Xin kills have any impact on how you play the game, gear up or any aspect? Feel free to report it but if you expect them to suddenly be able to ban every single bot in one fell swoop then I have bad news for you. It's not possible. Every MMO has it. FF14, GW2, Wildstar, Rift, ESO, Everquest 2, AION and the list goes on.
    It has effect on my gameplay and yours too. The economy part of WoW, which is big part of this game.

Where was that said ?
    Nowhere.

You aren't willing to accept any other approach it seems, while giving no reason why the current one is bad.
    Simply because it isn't what you want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I won't edit it. Those aren't people.

- - - Updated - - -

It has effect on my gameplay and yours too. The economy part of WoW, which is big part of this game.
    You mean old enchanting mats that are a dime a dozen these days and don't even need to be used anymore due to the way professions can be skilled?

I'll ask again. Does it impact how you play your character? Does it impact your gearing methods? Does it impact your raiding or PvPing? Does it impact you at 110 that someone got 5000 kills from an instance 2 expansions ago?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Anyone stating they reported 1,000 individual bots in one month is lying and over-dramatizing a situation....
    No I actually reported 1000+ bots. It wasn't hard. And it's under my ticket history log.

No I actually reported 1000+ bots. It wasn't hard. And it's under my ticket history log.
    No you didn't. You did not sit there and make 1000 tickets. Stop being over dramatic about the events. Bots exist. They always will no matter what. There is no guaranteed way to completely cull them all at once.

If you think this is exclusive to WoW then that's hilarious. Every MMO has the problem. Even older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The real psychological issue here isn't botting. It's that you just compared people abusing animals in real life to people using a machine to run Mogu'shun Vaults for them over and over again.
    Analogy: a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"

Note that this definition does not say "the two things compared must be of similar worth, degree of magnitude, or societal impact." By calling out a situation in which many (perhaps most) people would feel compelled to act, he highlights how saying "it doesn't affect you" is an insufficient response.

Now that you know how analogies work, and one reason why they might be used, I'm sure you understand why your comment was ultimately misguided.