Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is the kind of executive incompetence you'd expect to see from the new shift manager at your local Applebees. Bad management! Sad!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Did the United States of America abolish it's constitution, it's court system and congress all at the same time?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the boys down in the silos have the same balls she does. And yes, I really do believe he's that crazy. Or if he's not, he will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

I'm not accusing CNN of bias or Sensationalism, but their front page reads

MONDAY NIGHT MASSACRE:TRUMP FIRES ACTING AG

Massacre? Really?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like the State Department nonsense all over again.

CNN is just making a quick buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    They're saying that the stay was local and that the judge didnt have the authority (or something to that affect) to issue a nationwide stay.

Trump just fired her.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-protests-live
    also
    Trump has also just fired the acting director of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Daniel Ragsdale.

I love these people who seem to think she didn't know Trump would fire her when she took this stand.

That's the point, geniuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Trump just fired her.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-protests-live
    also
    Trump has also just fired the acting director of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Daniel Ragsdale.
    LOL it looks like Ted Cruz is trying to get on Trump's good side:

It is fitting--and sad--that the very last act of the Obama DOJ is for the acting AG to defy the newly elected POTUS
    Sad huh. What's sad is that Cruz has been reduced to brown-nosing a mildly retarded toddler megalomaniac for attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

Massacre? Really?
    This is a specific reference. It's from before even my time, so no shame in not catching it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

Basically, Nixon had the special prosecutor looking into Watergate fired. GQ has a statement on the comparison.

Massacre? Really?
    It's a play on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre wherein Nixon tried to sneak by the firing of the independent prosecutor who was in charge of investigating the scandal that led to Nixon's impeachment/resignation.

All Bannon, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is a specific reference. It's from before even my time, so no shame in not catching it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

Basically, Nixon had the special prosecutor looking into Watergate fired. GQ has a statement on the comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post

I see now, makes more sense. Still seems odd to use the word Massacre for firing 1 person. I'm not seeing it in the Nixon article, why is it referred to as a massacre?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    All Bannon, I'm sure.
    CNN briefly said on their headline it was Preibus. But even if it was Bannon -- and I have no idea what authority he actually has -- "the buck stops here" and it was Trump. Again, as double posted above, this is the shit that Nixon did. Only a hell of a lot faster. Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

I see now, makes more sense. Still seems odd to use the word Massacre for firing 1 person. I'm not seeing it in the Nixon article, why is it referred to as a massacre?
    Because it was catchy and sold papers.

Because the firing of the special prosecutor also led to the resignations of the AG, and deputy AG on the same day. Commentators have been comparing the two situations because it's the only time since that the current President has done something that has caused such a schism between the oval office and the justice department.

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    They're saying that the stay was local and that the judge didnt have the authority (or something to that affect) to issue a nationwide stay.
    Which is correct. If they want the stay to affect the entire nation, it'll have to go before the Supreme Court and they'll have to uphold his ruling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Which is correct. If they want the stay to affect the entire nation, it'll have to go before the Supreme Court and they'll have to uphold his ruling.
    The stay is temporary anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    No, this is incorrect. The judge that issued the stay is a federal judge, and thus can rule on federal law. Just like a federal judge in Texas issued a stay on Obama's raising of the salary cap for overtime exemption, and that ruling impacted the whole country, not just businesses in Texas.

Lawyers can certainly appeal the ruling to a higher court, that can go as high as SCOTUS, but until the judges earlier ruling is overwritten by a higher court, the stay impacts the whole country.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    Because the firing of the special prosecutor also led to the resignations of the AG, and deputy AG on the same day.
    I guess I'm just nit picking then. 1 fired, 2 quit doesn't seem like a massacre. Especially in our world today, where we have real massacres happening frequently. If he fired 4-10 people in a day\night, that would make more sense to use a flashy term like Massacre. Oh well, I'll leave them to it, now that I've gotten my history lesson.

Thanks

Insubordination has it's consequences. Yates deserved to be let go.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek