Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fel Rush>Blade Dance>Chaos Strike

According the the guide, Fel Rush should be used above Blade Dance and Chaos Strike when it is about to cap and should be used first on the pull.

Icy Veins:
    1.1. Opening Rotation

Use Potion of the Old War Icon Potion of the Old War just before the pull.
    Cast Nemesis Icon Nemesis.
    Cast Felblade Icon Felblade to engage.
    Cast Fel Rush Icon Fel Rush.
    Cast Metamorphosis Icon Metamorphosis.
    Cast Chaos Blades Icon Chaos Blades if taken.
    Cast Fel Barrage Icon Fel Barrage if taken.
    Cast Fury of the Illidari Icon Fury of the Illidari.
    Cast Death Sweep Icon Death Sweep with First Blood Icon First Blood.
    Cast Annihilation Icon Annihilation.
    Continue with Single Target Rotation.

What is the reasoning in using Fel Rush before capping at all? Like why not just leave it out and spend your time on higher damaging abilities?

Deleted
    Icy Veins is only a guideline for beginners, you should not follow it to the letter when you get more experience. For example, when you are high enough gear you will never use FotI in the burst unless it is aoe or you are out of fury. Because i have the ring i tend to cap fury on meta, so i always spam CS and Bladedance in my meta to avoid capping fury

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    What is the reasoning in using Fel Rush before capping at all? Like why not just leave it out and spend your time on higher damaging abilities?
    It's because Fel Rush has a 0,25s GCD, so it has higher DPET than any of your abilities outside of meta save FotI.

https://discord.gg/tVeGX
    This is a link to the DH discord, Get info from this.

But yes Fel rush has a higher damage thing for the gcd, but a lot of top top DH don't use FR on ST anymore, unsure why but they pull huge numbers without it.

Quote Originally Posted by zanghe View Post
    Icy Veins is only a guideline for beginners, you should not follow it to the letter when you get more experience. For example, when you are high enough gear you will never use FotI in the burst unless it is aoe or you are out of fury. Because i have the ring i tend to cap fury on meta, so i always spam CS and Bladedance in my meta to avoid capping fury
    Wut

Of course you use foti early on.

I personally have stopped using FR and am seeing a big increase. Yes the GCD is low, but it can put you out of position and cost you time that could be spent on a CS or BD. That is the biggest reason i personally have stopped using it.

Deleted
    For the stats i have, blade dance version of Meta does allot more dmg than FotI, and i am also full rage. I burst higher without it.

Quote Originally Posted by zanghe View Post
    For the stats i have, blade dance version of Meta does allot more dmg than FotI, and i am also full rage. I burst higher without it.
    What

You don't spend more than 2 seconds using foti. It's literally one of the best damage per execute time spells we've got.

Fel rush is completely awkward on this tier, that's it. There is no boss with such a hitbox allowing you not to lose precious fury / CS. And you don't want to time it for felblade, sometimes you don't have it while you want to FR. I stopped using too EXCEPT sometimes when I'm on "Demon Blades=generate fury maybe" only phase or AOE / Move.
    Better like this.
    FotI still used for the pull if there is no add after.

The only bosses you want to FR is Botanist and Gul'dan because you "may" switch for bloodlet + momentum according to legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Fel rush is completely awkward on this tier, that's it. There is no boss with such a hitbox allowing you not to lose precious fury / CS. And you don't want to time it for felblade, sometimes you don't have it while you want to FR. I stopped using too EXCEPT sometimes when I'm on "Demon Blades=generate fury maybe" only phase or AOE / Move.
    Better like this.
    FotI still used for the pull if there is no add after.

The only bosses you want to FR is Botanist and Gul'dan because you "may" switch for bloodlet + momentum according to legendaries.
    ?? Krosus ??

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    ?? Krosus ??
    Yeah, this is a possibility.

I've been using fel rush in conjuction with felblade quite well. I've always kept fel rush under 2 charges and used it whilst blade dance is on cd to rush out and blade back in then continue the rotation with very little problem. Anyone else using it this way?

There is only one moment where I will fel rush on a ST fight.

foti is on CD
    blade dance is on CD
    fel blade NOT on CD
    not enough fury to chaos strike
    if there's just 3 targets glaive instead
    if there's more than 3 targets FR for sure

Fel Rush -> fel blade -> chaos strike then usually blade dance is up and I go back to my regular schedule program
    Last edited by ehxy; 2017-01-31 at 01:49 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of new to DH, in the process of changing it to my main and begin raiding with it over my WW monk. I have been using Fel Rush trying not to cap the 2 charges and I'm not very good at it (yet). is it going to kill my DPS if i stop using? or should i just keep using it until i can use it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    https://discord.gg/tVeGX
    This is a link to the DH discord, Get info from this.

But yes Fel rush has a higher damage thing for the gcd, but a lot of top top DH don't use FR on ST anymore, unsure why but they pull huge numbers without it.
    It is because the hit box size on alot of the boss in NH is fairly small and you can get out of position with a rush.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    There is only one moment where I will fel rush on a ST fight.

foti is on CD
    blade dance is on CD
    fel blade NOT on CD
    not enough fury to chaos strike
    if there's just 3 targets glaive instead
    if there's more than 3 targets FR for sure

Fel Rush -> fel blade -> chaos strike then usually blade dance is up and I go back to my regular schedule program
    Which is too much of a pain to get at the exact time ... since there is 2/3 times in a fight where you are only DemonBlading and this is for 2/3 sec max, which is a short window to get all those conditions down.

Deleted
    It helps having an auto attack swing timer-bar to not miss an auto attack

Quote Originally Posted by Netheris2k View Post
    It helps having an auto attack swing timer-bar to not miss an auto attack
    This is overkill imho. 99,9% of players will lose trying to get focus on another thing like this. From my experience too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    ?? Krosus ??
    Just use FR from side to side. Krosus' hitbox is huge and I'm hitting him with FR everytime i hit a lull in Fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Just use FR from side to side. Krosus' hitbox is huge and I'm hitting him with FR everytime i hit a lull in Fury.
    And then FR bugs out once in a while and you are dead :P