Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i think OP has fallen on his head 5000 times as a kid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Does it matter? How does someone doing 5000 Mogushan runs affect your gameplay?
    throwaway accounts are cheap today, by setting bots up you can harvest gold and sell gold for irl money.

if someone does this, then everyone wants to do it.

so if blizzard doesn't take action, then honestly I would do it too.

no my post is not complaining, im just explaining

I don't bot nor have the interest, I used to farm bots to get 1000 artifact wep kills as all lvl 90+ counts as they still give honor, would get like 100 kills a min or so, so was easy to farm hidden artifact pvp up.

so i got to abuse / report a lot of bots and I have seen blizzard sweeping these bots. So I do trust them when it comes to take action.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Dude... Are you alright?.
    Shouldn't we be the one asking you that question? You're the one ranting and complaining about people botting while using, quite frankly, an easily argued against set of circumstantial evidence. You're the one who seems to have a major problem with how other people are playing the game.

Want to know what the rest of us do if we think someone is botting (if anything)? Right click and report for cheating. Leave the rest to Blizzard because it doesn't concern you otherwise. If they're confirmed by Blizzard(s)/Automated software that they are botting, a ban/suspension will happen.
    We all don't come running to the forums just because we aren't treated special and that things we claim doesn't create change immediately.

You mean old enchanting mats that are a dime a dozen these days and don't even need to be used anymore due to the way professions can be skilled?

I'll ask again. Does it impact how you play your character? Does it impact your gearing methods? Does it impact your raiding or PvPing? Does it impact you at 110 that someone got 5000 kills from an instance 2 expansions ago?
    Just passivly dismissing something because "it doesn't affect me" is a terrible argument. It doesn't matter if it affects you. It's wrong and some people care about when other people are doing things illegally when they aren't. Also if this people are voting in this manner they are very likely doing things that affect other areas of the game such as pvp and raising and will continue to do so because no one cares because it doesn't affect them. It'll affect everyone when everyone is bottling because people are getting away with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Shouldn't we be the one asking you that question? You're the one ranting and complaining about people botting while using, quite frankly, an easily argued against set of circumstantial evidence. You're the one who seems to have a major problem with how other people are playing the game.

Want to know what the rest of us do if we think someone is botting (if anything)? Right click and report for cheating. Leave the rest to Blizzard because it doesn't concern you otherwise. If they're confirmed by Blizzard(s)/Automated software that they are botting, a ban/suspension will happen.
    We all don't come running to the forums just because we aren't treated special and that things we claim doesn't create change immediately.
    I don't know what else would prove that those are bots. Tell me what would convince you? Because what I'm reading from you is ridiculous..
    Also I'm using right click report button if I can. But those bots reported in ticket are usually bots who use stealth (I still see them because of my higher level, but I'm too late to right click on them, select that option and write report before they enter dungeon again) so it's the only way to report them.
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2017-01-31 at 02:37 PM.

Trump will deport em all.

Oh please. Stop pretending the problem is exclusive to Blizzard games. It really isn't.
    Of course it's not but Blizzard is notoriously bad at doing anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one ticket which includes all bot names inside (showed as proof on picture but it was taken down by moderators). It's way over 1000 bots too. Basically I link their armories until I reach post limit, then I add more info to the ticket, so it takes a while to scroll to the end of that ticket. Blizzard replied 2 times to the ticket, mostly saying thanks and that they'll look into it and also forwarding ticket to the hack team. So I guess they appreciate it.
    It wasn't boring thing to do, I enjoyed finding out if the character is a bot or human and I added them to the list only if I was 100% sure it's a bot.
    It didn't take me a month to report 1000 bots, but just 4-5 days total in one month. I wasn't reporting them all the time.

I'd love to have such work. Blizzard if you need a bot hunter, poke me
    You dont know if they are a bot, all you have is your baseless accusations and your 'feels', and if Blizzard says they are looking into it then why does this thread even exist. So which is it, Blizzard isn't doing anything as you tearfully claim in your OP, or they are looking into it as you claim now?

- - - Updated - - -

So you are actually stalking them ingame instead of just playing the game?
    Stalking and Harassing them by reporting them... Wonder if there is some recourse for those he's stalking.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what else would prove that those are bots. Tell me what would convince you? Because what I'm reading from you is ridiculous..
    Also I'm using right click report button if I can. But those bots reported in ticket are usually bots who use stealth (I still see them because of my higher level, but I'm too late to right click on them, select that option and write report before they enter dungeon again) so it's the only way to report them.
    I am starting to get the idea that you are trying to get people banned because you dont want competition for YOUR bots.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

My best friend botted for years and was caught each time, and Blizz gave his account back every single time. The amount you spend on your account plays into it too, if you spend lots they are more lenient, money talks friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    except blizzard can easily obtain the bot software themselves, the cops don't have a notebook with literally every drug dealer and all of their contacts in it.

I'm sure SOMEONE at blizzard can reverse engineer a simple piece of software
    True. Honestly, I think they need more than a 6 month ban. I have an idea, How about give them a 5-7 year ban, Hack their asses back, and delete the bots shit. That, or make sure someone DOES reverse their shit. Cause, I was botted by a few Warrior/Shamans at a BG! They killed me, then just ran, and stood somewhere without moving, and when I tried to run, they all jumped on me, and went back to the exact same place they were at. LIKE, WHAT?

Must I mention some of the 2 shots i've been getting?

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear this is the same argument used for epics and LFR. Like how does everyone getting epics or everyone getting into raids through LFR affect your gameplay? Just some perspective there for ya. What goes around comes around.

Also I would argue that botting is a symptom of a bigger problem, and that problem is that the game has devolved into a farm-O-thon. It's not hard to see that some people would rather let a bot do all the work while they do something fun. Why they play WoW then is beyond me? Maybe developers should have a bot checker like system where you have a mechanic that a bot couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I swear this is the same argument used for epics and LFR. Like how does everyone getting epics or everyone getting into raids through LFR affect your gameplay? Just some perspective there for ya. What goes around comes around.

Also I would argue that botting is a symptom of a bigger problem, and that problem is that the game has devolved into a farm-O-thon. It's not hard to see that some people would rather let a bot do all the work while they do something fun. Why they play WoW then is beyond me? Maybe developers should have a bot checker like system where you have a mechanic that a bot couldn't do.

Bots have been around since day one. Anytime any game requires you do to repeated things, a bot will be made. They do have systems to check for bots, then thing is bot makers are always a step ahead. Part of the problem of having a mechanic a bot cannot do is that the bots do everything that you can do in the game. The bots just automate it. So that would difficult to near impossible to do. To the OP, they need time to investigate the alleged claims of botting and find out what the bot is doing and how it's doing it before they can break it and ban. Once that happens, bot makers figure a way around it. and the cycle continues.

They are definitely more active at banning bots now than they have ever been in the past tbh. It still leads to periods of extreme botting between waves, but at least the waves are more frequent now.

I hope they can keep it up. If they do, botting in itself will be considered more risky which is exactly what is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    My best friend botted for years and was caught each time, and Blizz gave his account back every single time. The amount you spend on your account plays into it too, if you spend lots they are more lenient, money talks friends.
    Funny because my first account had loads of money dumped into it. So no it doesn't.

You mean old enchanting mats that are a dime a dozen these days and don't even need to be used anymore due to the way professions can be skilled?

I'll ask again. Does it impact how you play your character? Does it impact your gearing methods? Does it impact your raiding or PvPing? Does it impact you at 110 that someone got 5000 kills from an instance 2 expansions ago?
    It does not matter if it impacts ones personal play style, botting is fucking cheating and ofc should be banned.
    The fact that you would even raise these ??? tells me that you are botting yourself and also should be perma banned.
    It impacts the economy and the spirit of the game, so yes ban those fuckers to hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Kmids View Post
    It does not matter if it impacts ones personal play style, botting is fucking cheating and ofc should be banned.
    The fact that you would even raise these ??? tells me that you are botting yourself and also should be perma banned.
    It impacts the economy and the spirit of the game, so yes ban those fuckers to hell!
    I already said I botted on an old account back in 2011-2012. I got banned for it and I fully support banning botters. The system now is better than no system at all or singular bans. Waves are better because you can collect information on the program and fully break the functionality of it as well as getting rid of loads of players at once however I think it should be permanent bans not 6 month suspensions.

I don't think I have ever said I support botting or it shouldn't be banned but feel free to put words in my mouth if it makes you feel better I guess.

I merely said the mats are a dime a dozen these days and are easily farmable by players and that at 110 there are plenty of ways to make gold with ease.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-31 at 05:07 PM.

Funny because my first account had loads of money dumped into it. So no it doesn't.
    Maybe he got lucky then 5 times? I doubt it lol. Unless they have become super lax about it. They don't perma ban accounts anymore they just do like 6 month or year bans.

Deleted
    It matters because it screws over the economy.

More bots = more gold in the economy => your own gold is less valuable. Bots that farm herbs lower herb prices, so your herbs are less valuable. I don't know any player who *never+ uses the AH, so everyone is affected by bots.

Honestly this has been a major problem since give or take a few days after legions launch(Legions problem, I know botting is pretty much as old as WoW is)... First they were flyhack botfarming (herbs, god I see and report the same bots that run for over 24hrs strait in Suramar) but now the bots program writers/gold farmers have came to the conclusion that using black smithing stir ups and leatherworking leather bindings (spurs make items interactive while mounted like herb and mining nodes, and the bindings stop daze and dismount from mobs while taking dmg)... But their still JUST as obvious and easy to spot since 98% of the time itll be a super shitty geared DH (like nothing but questing greens/blues, maybe a rando epic if it proced for them) and a lot of them didnt even bother to change the code of using the original plain gryphon mount/rarly a snowy gryphon, but more and more are just switching to the DH stock mount since their not fly hacking as near as much... (besides the fact its not like the Gryphon changes to its 'in flight' animation anyways, which looks so bad/obvsly broken)

Theres not many things worse than running up to a node to just have it despawn from being 10.01+ seconds behind a bot without even knowing, or it despawning ASA you click on it is just as shitty if not worse. Atleast with the old gathering system you knew it was going to be a close race if someone/a bot was headed for the same node, or could even take it was far as maybe a niche skill to know when to let what certain classes close to the node first depending on trash around it, or just heading on to the next one knowing you didnt have a chance at that node. Also besides stealing 80% of the nodes, their devastating servers economies by flooding the market... Which doesn't suck as bad for me since i use 95% or more of the herbs I farm for alchy consumes for my self and raid team, but it sure was nice when you would be able to atleast break even gold wise from trying to proc rank 3 flasks/pots.

Some food for thought: Doing some simple math, the numbers come out pretty crazy. On good farming days/quick 1hr sessions its a decent/normal herb farm pickin ~200 starlight per hour (i can get much more, but anything under 200 /hr is aggervating and normally call it a day cause of excessive bots/heavy real farming traffic)... So assuming that one bot running for at least 24 hours strait at its most efficient (avoiding the NPC farmbot rapist w/e) can easily bring in at least 4,800 roses, per day. And then say roses are going for 20g-40g each in the AH (i havent even seen the prices of roses in weeks so honestly I couldnt tell how much their really going for atm, I just remember them running around these amounts after the blood trader was put in) thats 92,000g-192,000g per day, for free/no effort at all whatsoever.

Now I know bots dont always get ran for over 24s strait, and do sometimes run into bot killer, so for shits and giggles lets say a bot ran for 20 days time played per month, and roses were 30g each. In the '6 month ban window' Blizzard seems to run, that SINGLE bot will have netted 576,000 roses OR 17,280,000g!!!
    .....thats 'one' single bot in Suramar... Not even considering the handful I run into at least once every single day, nor counting all the other bots gathering Foxflower, Fjarnns, Leystone, Felslate, ect. on just 'one' server...

One last little side, side note: When the 1st bot wave ban came in Legion, it took less than 48 hours before I started seeing 110 DHs fly hacking around gathering herbs(back before they started using crafted items to become more efficient). So to all of you that dont act concerned when someone says botting is not effecting your servers economy just remember this, and think about how bad their devaluing profession items which = less gold for you if you happen to sell raw gathered items, or crafted items with thos materials, while they AND Blizzard lines their pockets full of real money cause you best believe all that gold is just getting sold online.