Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I give a shit about measures that woek and dont fuck with our economy.
    Climate change is 'fucking' our economy, and you will really cum to this, future profits for private businesses all over the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Nah just don't assume shit, makes you look silly.
    You don't have to assume when you read his posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

While the rest of the world has debates on how to handle climate change; the US can't even agree that it's happening.

Time for another round of California vs. Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Climate change is 'fucking' our economy, and you will really cum to this, future profits for private businesses all over the world.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to assume when you read his posts.
    Lol whatever go whitesplain it to someone else after you've checked your privilege.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Oddly, my first German built (Dresden) car is a bit of a lemon. I had a series of electronic failures and 3 oil leaks and a transmission fluid leak inside of the first 6,000 miles. I have now spent 6k to get those latter issues resolved, because they all happened after the initial warranty expired. 3 oil leaks inside of 60,000 miles and the dealer said "That's normal" which is even worse.

My 2 previous crappy american cars never had an oil leak, so I'm afraid I no longer buy into the "German cars are so much better story" and should we talk about Volkswagon\Audi and their diesel scandals?
    Must have been one of these, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And only about 5 people in the world can afford it with its 2.5 million dollar pricetag
    Actually they are making 80, and at least 40 has been sold. Since the US economy started getting better last year, you can also buy it in the US.

But the point is there are good looking European cars - hybrid and non-hybrids (and similarly for the US). And also bad looking ones.

But we will never get measures that work if we have countries that deny climate change exists in the first place. Global problem, negative externalities, etc. etc. I don't think much of the Paris Accords either, but Trump is not pulling out because he thinks it is not enough to solve the problem - he does not believe in the problem to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Wouldn't this make Trump a renegger?
    No that was the last, er, carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Must have been one of these, lol.
    Don't LOL at my sweet ride bro! It hurts my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    This news made my day. Trump will be pulling us out of the Draconian Paris Accord real soon. We will now be able to reverse course and not be stuck all driving tiny ugly electric and hybrid vehicles in 5 years. and we can start bringing back more higher paying jobs

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/tr...bell-1.3958452
    This reversal of course is temporary, and only in policy. The push for renewable energy and electric vehicles is beyond that now.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    With the exception that China has double the CO2 emissions then the US. Really the US isn't the problem on this issue, nor are the vast majority of nations in the Paris Climate accord.

I don't know if this story is real though, might be, might not be.

HOW?

Paris Accord is meaningless to actually solving the problem because the TOP polluter, China, blatantly ignores to takes action. On this I'm not even Devil's Advocate, China just blatantly signs treaties with everyone then takes the piss on all of them.
    Many things wrong here. Everyone is the problem. Even if it was true that China did nothing (which is wrong by the way), action from everyone else would still have a large impact. Because this isn't an all or nothing problem.

The US emissions can easily be cut by better roads, trains and train lines.

China...well if they want to stop destroying the planet then they are welcome to do it. I don't trust them at all and stories showing what they're well means little when they are responsible for a FULL THIRD of CO2 emissions.

Seriously. The rest of the world is irrelevant compared to China. I believe we'd merely need to cut global emissions by 5% and we'd be on the way to fixing the issue.

Then this is on them and them alone, not on the US. If they fix the mess they've caused in the first place I'll be happy.
    Two third is irrelevant compared to one third?

And a 5% cut in emissions is not enough to hit the 2C target, much less 1.5C.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Sorry Man-Made climate change isn't going to blow up the world.
    Good thing nobody ever claimed this. Can people argue against climate change without resorting to straw men? Must be too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    I didn't say it doesn't kill people. You eat GMO's and are bitching about pollution.
    How is that even linked?

Let me put it like this: China has more COAL Powerplants then the vast majority of the world combined. I don't care what Trump does on this issue. I care what China does.

Yeah I'm sure we'll feel comfortable while our ocean life dies because of CO2 emissions.
    It matters what everyone does.

Then you want a panacea, and those don't exist. Certain implementations can limit the impact, but they'll all impact the economy in one way or another.

And there is literally no scenario where the economy does not take a hit from this. If we aren't willing to sacrifice a little now, we'll be dealing with larger hits down the line. The skeptics can tell you otherwise, but they can't change the reality.

The only economically rational reasoning for this decision here is 'I'm going to die before it gets really bad so we should do nothing.' And that only works for people who don't expect to live more than another decade or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Die planet die! If Trump wills it, then it must happen. We can't have a planet that is too blue can we? That is the color of liberals!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    This is hideous

Dude, the new Overcompensator edition is the best!

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

You don't have the education level to achieve the necessary income to purchase that vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a step in the right direction?
    A president that does what he says and doesn't dilly-dally, I guess is kinda good.

A real double-edged sword though.

well thankfully most of the world and several states here are giving president Cheeto the middle finger on this, and in 4 years we can get back on track. no bigee.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    This is hideous

Lol it just had to be the GMC Sierra... that's what I drive :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    well thankfully most of the world and several states here are giving president Cheeto the middle finger on this, and in 4 years we can get back on track. no bigee.
    I fear you underestimate the damage unchecked deregulation can have.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Another success, couldn't be happier. Fuck that shit

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have the education level to achieve the necessary income to purchase that vehicle.
    If I recall, he claimed to have purchased a high end vehicle "because I can", then bitched about needing to get new expensive tires to pass state inspections, knowing said vehicle would require expensive tires and willingly living in a state that requires inspections.

Then goes on about informed consumers and responsibility for actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Another success, couldn't be happier. Fuck that shit
    Unless you're planning to die in the next decade or so, you should make plans to eat those words.

Though if you were in the habit of planning long term you probably wouldn't be happy right now, so I guess you'll just have to deal with eating those words when you get there.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I fear you underestimate the damage unchecked deregulation can have.
    I expect the next eco-disasters caused by private entities to go unpunished. hopefully the people affected are Trump voters and they get a hard lesson in voting that POS in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I expect the next eco-disasters caused by private entities to go unpunished. hopefully the people affected are Trump voters and they get a hard lesson in voting that POS in.
    See the first link in my sig. We don't even need an eco-disaster for Trump voters to learn their lesson, lessons are already being learned.