Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As the sun dawned over the town church. One more joke was missing.

Kryllian was found half mauled and half eaten. Kryllian's home was covered in blood and hair.

Kryllian playing Punny (Town Member) has been killed.

Town Member
    You are Punny and are a terrible Joke.

Vote: You've got your vote. Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Save the town!
    It is now Day 2. The deadline for Day 2 is Thursday 2/2 at 09:00 Eastern.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Last edited by Largehorn; 2017-01-31 at 01:42 PM.

The dawn post is lacking a good joke. I think largehorn is slacking. Here, I'll make it up to you.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

I'll start where I left off yesterday.
    vote: PalawinFC
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Vote: Danner

No particular reason.

Vote: Palawin

It would appear that a certain cannibal joke made yesterday may indeed have been a slip after all - especially given the death signature associated with Kryllian's demise.

@Graeham:

I'm not really buying that argument as fact at this point. And that's coming from one voting for Palawin as well.
    Especially given only one NK apparent. I might be predisposed towards cannibals = serial killer that eats their victims so that nothing identifiable is left, cue the dead player not flipping anything - but...
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

That's the dumbest thing ive ever heard. How could it possibly be a "slip". I accidentally intentionally made a joke the referred to my role?

It wasn't a misspelled word, it wasn't in the middle of something else. It was the whole point of the post. To make a pun about a cannibal.

If I was a cannibal I probably would have tried to think of a different one so as not to put the word in people's thoughts.

Incidentally my vote today is probably on danner or monkz. That hammer yesterday was super premature.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2017-01-31 at 08:13 PM.

Crackleslap (#17) votes Palawin (1).
    Marack (#25) votes Danner (1).
    Reticence (#26) votes Marack (1).
    Marack (#28) unvotes Danner (0), votes Graeham (1).
    Kryllian (#29) votes Marack (2).
    Marack (#30) unvotes Graeham (0), votes Reticence (1).
    Danner (#31) votes Palawin (2).
    Marack (#35) unvotes Reticence (et al) (0), votes Crackleslap (1).
    Crackleslap (#37) unvotes Palawin (1), votes Marack (3).
    Graeham (#42) votes Marack (4).
    Virothe (#44) votes Danner (1).
    PalawinFC (#54) votes Danner (2).
    Monkz (#56) votes Marack (Hammer).

Notes:
    - Kryllian voting Marack (#29) pushes him ahead of Danner and Palawin.
    - Danner voting Palawin (#31) brings him even with Marack.
    - Crackleslap unvoting Palawin / voting Marack (#37) puts distance between both lead trains.
    - Graeham and Monkz commit to Marack in (#42) and (#56).
    - Virothe throws his vote at a new train (#44) six hours from deadline.
    - Palawin throws his vote at another train to compete with Marack (#54). Options include Danner and Crackleslap, and he obviously went for Danner.

Theories/Conclusions:
    - If Palawin is scum, I heavily distrust Crackleslap, mildly distrust Kryllian, and moderately trust Danner.
    - If Crackleslap is scum, I heavily distrust Palawin.
    - If Kryllian is scum, I have mild suspicion for both Crackleslap and Danner (unless one of the above is also true).

@Virothe, did you have a reason for voting Danner in #44?

@Graeham, I was inclined to pursue Palawin today, but I'm a little concerned by your stated reasoning. Do you have other reasons to want to vote him? I'm also concerned that this game is small enough to only require four players for a lynch (and probably starting with 2-3 scum), and we had someone at two votes barely an hour after dawn. Then again, maybe I'm still just not used to requiring less than 7-15 people on a train for it to go anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Incidentally my vote today is probably on danner or monkz. That hammer yesterday was super premature.
    Hm. ~12 hours early. I mean... I can't complain too much about ending D1 early. On the other hand, it does alter my perception of some of those later votes (Virothe's, in particular).

Why Danner, though? Because Monkz hammered?

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    - Virothe throws his vote at a new train (#44) six hours from deadline.
    - Palawin throws his vote at another train to compete with Marack (#54). Options include Danner and Crackleslap, and he obviously went for Danner.

[COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR

Why Danner, though? Because Monkz hammered?
    It wasn't 6 hours before deadline. There was heaps of time left when virothe voted. Someone commented that the day has been unproductive and I thought a second train would be helpful.
    Of the other players with a vote, i wasn't going to vote for myself and I didn't want to vote for crackle because it wouldn't be genuine pressure. There was no risk of him being lynched day 1 after moderating 2 games. Danner was the obvious choice for my vote.

Then monkz came in and hammered with 25% of the day remaining.
    I thought that was particularly scummy when the first half of day 1 is always a shitfest and the second half is when people commit to real votes.

The reason I think danner might be scum because of the eagerness to go ahead with the marack lynch early. So if monkz (and to a lesser extent Graham) is town then that read on danner falls away.

It wasn't 6 hours before deadline. There was heaps of time left when virothe voted.
    Yeah. That was why I mentioned him in response to your comment. I'm curious to see what he has to say, today.

The reason I think danner might be scum because of the eagerness to go ahead with the marack lynch early. So if monkz (and to a lesser extent Graham) is town then that read on danner falls away.
    So just to make sure I understand you correctly, Danner is suspicious because two other players jumped on Marack's train and hammered him before Danner's train could catch up?

So just to make sure I understand you correctly, Danner is suspicious because two other players jumped on Marack's train and hammered him before Danner's train could catch up?
    Yes for monkz.
    Not so much Graham because he voted before the votes on danner. But Graham did push him to l-1 very early in the day, hence my comment about the eagerness to get a lynch on marack (whom he would know was town if he is scum).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Vote: Palawin

It would appear that a certain cannibal joke made yesterday may indeed have been a slip after all - especially given the death signature associated with Kryllian's demise.
    Bruh, it's only funny when its a joke!

That said Marack did have a chance to do whatever claim/accuse/etc but that advantage was not really taken and just took the lynch to the knee. Not much in yesterday at all. Diveristy in trains is great sure, but that actually requires a productive day one, which I'm sure wasn't happening. Wasn't much else other than voting patterns. Not going to place a vote any time soon. Seeing as a lynch is just a slice of cheese waiting to be cut with a hot knife with these number of players.

I don't have any solid reads at this point beyond the potential slip with Palawin. I could very well be barking up the wrong tree but D1 - as usual - wasn't very productive and it's hit and miss whether I fare well as a loner in these games as many of you no doubt know already.

So, well - you can't really trust me on this, but D1 was a town vs town rundown. I think there isn't too much info in the votes as a result; because both the leading trains - mine and Marack - were town.

I'm personally most suspicious of the people late to push a vote; IE

Graeham
    Monkz
    PalawinFC
    Virothe

per Largehorn's mid-day vote count.

So - Virothe kinda makes a point in never voting on D1 (refer to a discussion I had with him in a dead thread a few games back), so I don't think I can read him as scum based on that happenstance. I think it's anti-town to play that way, but it's not a scumread for his character. Don't think we'll ever agree on this.

I don't particularly hold the hammering against Monkz, it was gonna be either me or Marack on D1 either way, and I can't say I disagree with how it went down, now can I?

Graeham, I am having a hard time reading him and Palawin as teammates at this point. That said, I did burn myself badly on that kind of read earlier, Graeham has proven himself capable of fooling me (not a terribly hard feat), he's no longer someone I can naively assume to play straightforward. Nonetheless, he DOES give that town trying, but not in a way I really agree with feeling. I just can't say for sure if it is intentional or not at this point.

Palawin remains my best lead, but it's really all down to me being stubborn about my semi-random D1 vote.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, I did like Reticence's read on Palawin in #67.
    I consider Crackleslap - Palawin a possible scum constellation. Which may or may not include a third player.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Reticence: Oh yeah, and Kryllian is like dead and all.

- - - Updated - - -

And dammit, while I'm at it.

Confucius says:
    Man who runs ahead of car gets tired.
    Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    @Reticence: Oh yeah, and Kryllian is like dead and all.
    ... well, this is awkward.

I blame being sick.

There is some terrible reasoning happening today.

During day 1 fluff, we were making puns. I made a pun that involved the word cannibal. If I had made a pun about doctors or murder would you think I was a tpr or sk? It's such a dumb read. FYI I've only ever seen one game with a cannibal. And I'm pretty sure the people he killed show up "???". Isn't that the whole point of the role? If you kill people and their role is revealed, it wouldn't be a cannibal, it would just be an sk. News flash: Marack's role was revealed ! Jesus christ.

Further, the other vote on me wouldn't be there if I hadn't tried to do something fucking helpful yesterday. In stead of hammering marack, I voted on another train to use the time effectively. My vote on danner was purely to get a second train to compare to Marack's after one of them flipped. At the time, there were still 15 hours in the day. Straight after that, monkz hammered marack in stead of allowing any further pressure or information to be generated.
    We still had a quarter of the day to go at that point .
    Given the first half of day 1 is always a fluff write off, that's pretty much half the useful time lost.

In fact,
    vote monkz
    For saving danner from pressure and preventing us from having vote info if danner later flips scum.
    If monkz flips scum, Danner is too. My next best guess if there are any more after that would be Graham because he put marack to l-1 and now he's trying to push the mislynch on me for the dumbest reason I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Bruh, it's only funny when its a joke!

That said Marack did have a chance to do whatever claim/accuse/etc but that advantage was not really taken and just took the lynch to the knee. Not much in yesterday at all. Diveristy in trains is great sure, but that actually requires a productive day one, which I'm sure wasn't happening. Wasn't much else other than voting patterns. Not going to place a vote any time soon. Seeing as a lynch is just a slice of cheese waiting to be cut with a hot knife with these number of players.

Why don't you at least contribute something instead of parroting what we all already know, seeing as ret thinks I'm scum because of you?

Why did you change your vote from me to marack?
    Did u think he was scum?
    Do you think I am scum?

10+ Year Old Account
    @PalawinFC I don't think your vote on Danner is scummy. I think it's good that you wanted more discussion happening and at least another train forming to weigh our options. At the end of the day Monkz does seem a little careless, he didn't go into great detail about his intentions. Ending day abruptly, though can't help feel its a little cherry-picky (my analogy is really shit) for arguments sake as there wasn't really anything happening, no one participating exuberantly and that's all our fault, but Monkz cut any chance we may have had short.

- - - Updated - - -

I changed my vote because you were my joke vote and traded it for another joke vote on Marack in short. But I will always change my vote to the leading train or put my vote in the lead pre-claim for the sake of progressing day and getting anything out of said target. There was not much else too it.

Virothe (#44) votes Danner - Virothe throws his vote at a new train
    Well its because If we lynched him I had a great pun lined up, also because we had 3-4 on marrak and I figured it would be nice to see who would be willing to jump on an alternate wagon if one was provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Well its because If we lynched him I had a great pun lined up, also because we had 3-4 on marrak and I figured it would be nice to see who would be willing to jump on an alternate wagon if one was provided.
    What was the pun?

- - - Updated - - -

Hope it doesn't involve hitmen or you're fucked mate.

What was the pun?

- - - Updated - - -

Hope it doesn't involve hitmen or you're fucked mate.
    Nah it was just a play on his name and a movie quote.

No wonder everyone stopped playing. Everyone just lurks.