Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    It's statically impossible.
    Anything is possible honestly.
    #1 could end up in a huge intrafight and disband. They could have a key member get ill and die. They could get stuck, while #2 or #3 come ahead.

You can't say it's impossible, because anything is possible, even if there is a headstart. It's statistics. There is always a chance.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Why is blizzard designing this game for grimy no life vergin shitters that do nothing but play WoW 24/7 and live in their moms basement. I have a life okay ... oh I do, I have a car, a mortgage, a 60 hour per week job, a wife and 3 kids that hate me and friends that think I'm a SJW libcuck because I voted for trump. I only have 30 minutes a day to play WoW and I'm getting awfully ticked off that this mythic content isn't accessible to me. Hopefully Trump will make this game great again.
    It takes time to gear. Does your cuck 30 minute game time allow you to gear to a 900ilvl and kill a boss competitively?
    No it fucking doesn't.

You chose to have 3 kids, work shitty hours and pay for a home.
    When you think of the world next time, you should have stopped at 1 kid so that overpopulation isn't fucking us.
    Continue bitching about stupid shit you can control, but chose differently.

If you wanted to be a hardcore wow mythic awesome raider, you should have thought about that before you chose the life you did.
    Stop crying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post

statistically its possible. they have some chance to win it. I can do some math and give you some numbers but , you can just put your biases aside and you will alos realize the same.
    I agree with this. The above person doesn't understand stats.
    I was a Death's Demise.

It's statically impossible.
    If it takes more than 4 days I'd say they will be on the same feet. However it seems Serenity and Exorsus are very strong even on equal situation they may have better chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    It takes time to gear. Does your cuck 30 minute game time allow you to gear to a 900ilvl and kill a boss competitively?
    No it fucking doesn't.

You chose to have 3 kids, work shitty hours and pay for a home.
    When you think of the world next time, you should have stopped at 1 kid so that overpopulation isn't fucking us.
    Continue bitching about stupid shit you can control, but chose differently.

If you wanted to be a hardcore wow mythic awesome raider, you should have thought about that before you chose the life you did.
    Stop crying.
    Wooooooooosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Wooooooooosh!
    I want to think that the poster responding realized the dripping sarcasm in the first post and responded like that as a bit of a tongue-in-cheek joke but this being MMO-C, I have my reservations.

people thought Paragon would come back from their 2 day delay on the mannoroth kill.

2 Days is simply too much lost time for teams who are so nearly matched in skill level.

method will not win

Mark my words.

Statistically speaking , from a mathematical standpoint, Method has no chance of winning.
    A.) Redundant sentence.

B.) You lack data to claim something as statistical fact. You have no idea if Gul'dan was a buggy mess as Serenity/Exorsus has been testing Gul'dan, and so they haven't made significant progress. Gul'dan also could be extremely overtuned, which could also hinder progress.

You're talking out of your ass. Only the guilds on Gul'dan know where they currently stand in the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Days is simply too much lost time for teams who are so nearly matched in skill level.
    You are kinda contradicting yourself in this quote. If they were so nearly matched in skill level there wouldn't be a 2 day difference to begin with, unless external circumstances/bad luck influenced it. Now I completely agree that they are all very close in skill level, but something has created this 2 day gap.

Reasons I pull out of my (where the sun can't shine) that could influence a longer race and reduce the impact of the 2 day gap:

- a key player having some kind of major project going on at work and not being as flexible to take time off in week 2
    - someones GF breaks up, or -lets hope not - some key player his grandma dies, ... i.e. irl shit that happens every day to someone somewhere
    - some key player his internet provider decides to act up for an entire day
    - the flu ... in certain European countries there is an official epidemic going on

For all we know Guldan is the next Ragnaros which means the race is wide open. But it might just be a boss that needs another 2 days of progress and then of course the 2 day gap is too much to overcome. It's pure speculation unless you have inside info.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post

Reasons I pull out of my (where the sun can't shine) that could influence a longer race and reduce the impact of the 2 day gap:

- a key player having some kind of major project going on at work and not being as flexible to take time off in week 2
    - someones GF breaks up, or -lets hope not - some key player his grandma dies, ... i.e. irl shit that happens every day to someone somewhere
    - the flu ... in certain European countries there is an official epidemic going on
    - Exorsus runs out of vodka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    You are kinda contradicting yourself in this quote. If they were so nearly matched in skill level there wouldn't be a 2 day difference to begin with, unless external circumstances/bad luck influenced it. Now I completely agree that they are all very close in skill level, but something has created this 2 day gap.

For all we know Guldan is the next Ragnaros which means the race is wide open. But it might just be a boss that needs another 2 days of progress and then of course the 2 day gap is too much to overcome. It's pure speculation unless you have inside info.
    Less titanforged drops, less trinket drops, the wrong items in general, bad bonus rolls. The dps gain per high titanforged or good trinket is immense. Also the quality of the items (sockets, correct stats, best traits, set pieces on the correct slots) and not only ilvl plays still a matter. You need that stuff for both your main and primary alt characters. The legendary issues is still around, the difference between top and flop legs isnt that big anymore but still influencing. Not only your mains require top end gear but also your alts. There is no room for alts without pretty solid gear at augur.

i think he was just being sarcastic.

It's more enjoyable for me if he's serious.
    I was a Death's Demise.

the method.gg page isn't updating with US reclear/split run news
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    the method.gg page isn't updating with US reclear/split run news
    Probably because it's like 5 am in Europe and nobody is awake.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    Like that really matters, I get it is interesting but in the grand scheme of things is doesn't mean anything. Oh 2 (Limit and Midwinter) US guilds are doing split runs or going full Mythic. US guilds are honestly not in this race anymore. Why would Method.gg progress page bother with it? Honestly US guilds have never been in any race in recent history. I am not flaming or trying to start some US vs EU war. It is just simple facts. Why would they mention a simple reclear from at this point a random 7/10 guild?

Hell I think Scrubbusters (watch this space) and a couple of others in a day or so will go ahead of Midwinter and likely Limit (at least for the 10/10).
    Ah, this thread was missing smug EU "facts" over the last couple of pages. Thanks, I almost forgot all NA guilds suck.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah, this thread was missing smug EU "facts" over the last couple of pages. Thanks, I almost forgot all NA guilds suck.
    I am not being smug I am just pointing out that a "reclear" for a 7/10 guild isn't really that important. Maybe I was a little to harsh in the way I said it. I am sorry.
    Last edited by Metaz; 2017-02-01 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm usually amazed at how quickly the top guilds reclear on the first day of the next reset. They just spend a couple days killing bosses last week that they tend to blow through this week. It's pretty cool, sign of how good they are, how refined their strats are, and how much a decent bit of gear eases the pressure.
    Me too. Limit recleared to 7/10 in something like three hours tonight.

You could see a Guldan kill relatively quick today/tomorrow if it was just a small gear issue

this race has had a distinct lack of ridiculous wipe screenshots, "leaked" screenshots showing a strat, etc
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

long back in TBC when we there were no fatboss guides etc. we used to do the bosses ourselves. we used to make strategies ourselves. we used to wipe a dozen time. but once we figure out a boss we never wipe again. granted bosses back then were not as hard as now but hey there are no guides back then as far as i was aware of. no dungeon guides, no fatboss guides. IT WAS HOW WOW WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED. not watching some videos and kiling the boss.
    Pretty sure Elitistjerks had guides for certain things. I can't remember exactly what as I didn't raid back then but I know they were around making guides for something.

long back in TBC when we there were no fatboss guides etc. we used to do the bosses ourselves. we used to make strategies ourselves. we used to wipe a dozen time. but once we figure out a boss we never wipe again. granted bosses back then were not as hard as now but hey there are no guides back then as far as i was aware of. no dungeon guides, no fatboss guides. IT WAS HOW WOW WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED. not watching some videos and kiling the boss.
    yep, im sure serenity got WF star augur/elisande because they watched a fatboss kill vid/guide on how to do those bosses.

:thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    this race has had a distinct lack of ridiculous wipe screenshots, "leaked" screenshots showing a strat, etc
    http://i.imgur.com/LRJk6fs.jpg

How'd I do?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Fatboss videos have such a big impact on world first races, right?